ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis officers chant ‘whose streets, our streets’ while arresting protesters

Taunting a large mob only creates division and attracts more to the street the next night.

I do too, but we aren't cops on the scene. That's the point I was making. Chanting will antagonize and likely make more idiots sympathize and or join the lawless mob.

I'm going to take you back a few weeks to Virginia. You may recall many on the left posted repeatedly that Nazis OR ANYBODY WHO SYMPATHIZES WITH THEM simply are not tolerable in any way, shape, or form. I happen to agree, but I also understand some on the right might think that's protected speech. Well, as it is in this current case we are discussing, you must understand most of us on the right will say ANYBODY THAT SYMPATHIZES WITH THIS MOB is completely unacceptable as well. Police have actually shown massive restraint in dealing with BLM and the like - I understand you're going to blow your top over this statement, by the way.

I'm going to take you back a few weeks to Virginia. You may recall many on the left posted repeatedly that Nazis OR ANYBODY WHO SYMPATHIZES WITH THEM simply are not tolerable in any way, shape, or form. I happen to agree, but I also understand some on the right might think that's protected speech. Well, as it is in this current case we are discussing, you must understand most of us on the right will say ANYBODY THAT SYMPATHIZES WITH THIS MOB is completely unacceptable as well. Police have actually shown massive restraint in dealing with BLM and the like - I understand you're going to blow your top over this statement, by the way.

No, I won't blow my top. I don't have any sympathy for this group of morons in St. Louis. As I mentioned, everyone committing a crime should be arrested. My point is that it doesn't help to chant.

Fringe morons sitting on the couch may be intrigued if they see that and think "the cops are against us". Why chant and potentially bring out more moron recruits? That's the only point I'm making here, nothing racial or political. I believe it's a poor strategy for police to chant.

Reactions: Pepperman
I don't like douchey cops, nor do I like mobs of dipshits...leftists, neo nazis....etc......let's let them kill each other

Yes, yes, those terrible people other there and the poor cops just doing their jobs.

I am generally very pro-police in these instances but those chants are completely unnecessary. In my mind, the police lose their high ground and moral authority when they stoop to the level of these protesters. They are supposed to be the grown ups, the professionals here. Act like it.

Yes, yes, those terrible people other there and the poor cops just doing their jobs.

I watched this unfold live on local TV. It was actually incredibly intense. Just before the video you posted began, the crowd started throwing rocks and bottles at police. The same crowd included multiple protesters wearing body armor with rifles and handguns openly carried (legal here in Missoura). Does this mean the lady should get pushed to the ground? No. But if you're in the middle of a hostile crowd, don't expect a day at the spa.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT