ADVERTISEMENT

New Story St. Louis WR Reggie Crawford talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
St. Louis WR visits Iowa City
Blair Sanderson | Editor

j2i6zetnjljjsvwyty8v

St. Louis wide receiver Reggie Crawford visited Iowa City on Sunday.
Rivals.com

St. Louis wide receiver Reggie Crawford has an early scholarship offer from Illinois and interest from several others, including the Iowa Hawkeyes. On Sunday, the 6-foot-2, 187-pounder from Chaminade High School had a chance to visit Iowa City where he learned more about the program and the coaching staff's interest in him. We caught up with Crawford afterwards to get a complete update.

Q: What were the highlights of the Iowa visit for you?

CRAWFORD: Finally getting up there and seeing the facilities and talking to the staff. It's a great group of people

Q: Coaching wise, who did you get to talk with during the visit?

CRAWFORD: I talked to the wide receivers coach (Bobby Kennedy) and of course the recruiter for my area, LeVar Woods.

Q: What was it like have so many recruits from St. Louis in on the same weekend?

CRAWFORD: It was good to see that the St. Louis area is being recognized for their football talents. We have so many talented kids. I grew up with all of those guys.

Q: What's next for you recruiting wise? More visits?

CRAWFORD: I'm not sure yet. I've received a couple more junior days invites. I'm going to Kansas though next month for sure.

Q: Overall, what schools are showing the most interest right now?

CRAWFORD: There's a few schools that show me love weekly - Indiana, Wyoming, Kansas State, Kansas, Purdue, Iowa, Iowa State, Duke, Notre Dame, and Illinois.

As a junior, Crawford had 28 catches for 613 yards and nine touchdowns for Chaminade.

See highlights from Crawford's junior year in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News