ADVERTISEMENT

Stacey’s Dad?

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
So my daughter and her friend (no pics)went into the city last month to see some boy in concert. You know, one of those pretty little guys that sings songs with Arianna Grande, etc.
Anyway, they didn’t know the girl who was the opening act but were enjoying her stuff ….until she started into this song. The way she described it is that the whole place sort of got quite and girls just started looking around at one another trying to figure out if the song was supposed to be satirical or something. It was not. It was weird. Very weird.

Hell it's so processed you can hardly understand what she's saying. She has the hots for Mona's dad??

not my musical cup of tea but well written none the less

Mona’s dad, I don’t know why
But I can’t get him off my mind
Underneath that trucker hat he’s got a beard and all that
Mona’s dad works on the cars
I almost faked a car crash
They don’t see what I see
I see a man I’ll never have
No not Mona’s dad

Mona’s dad, he’s in his chair
Watching football with his friends
He’s drinking beers straight out the can
Mutes the TV, he hates the ads
I had a dream, 2:33
Watch the archer, split the tree
Then I woke up, he wasn’t mine
It was just Mona and I, doing homework
Wish I were older, the dream is over (Mm-hmm, mm)

Mona’s dad, he’s really sad
But I feel safe inside his eyes
I’d like to think that he cries (Ooh, ooh, ooh)
On his arm there’s a cross
From the days he used to serve in the army (Ooh, ooh, ooh)
Mona’s dad, he loves his wife
Is it bad I hope sometimes
He thinks of me when they ****?
Too good a man to do that
I wear a skirt up on my knees, even the **** boys try to peek
But he won’t look at me like that
No not Mona’s dad

I’m in love with Mona’s dad
Mona’s dad, Mona’s dad, mm, mm, mm

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
[checks the internet...sees Bulow is 22yo..]

I think it's a great song.

She's kinda plainish, but I fully support her effort to get with Mona's dad, or any dad. (Wonder if she knows that I, too, am a dad...)

6a2apvLy_400x400.jpg

She's kinda plainish, but I fully support her effort to get with Mona's dad, or any dad. (Wonder if she knows that I, too, am a dad...)

6a2apvLy_400x400.jpg
I drink beer out of a can and mute ads on the TV too!

She is a little scrawny though.

My tolerance for those style of vocals is about 3 seconds.
Yes. I've almost bitched about it before. It never used to be a thing in female vocals until what feels like a decade ago. Halsey or whomever was the first big one with it I can remember. It must be easy to do or something... shouldn't be anywhere near this popular.

Didn't listen to the whole song but it sounds to me much like "Stacey's Mom" the person singing is mearly pining for the affections and sexual attention of an older person.

That doesn't really disturb me all that much because I think it may be common for teenagers to be sexually attracted to adults. As long as the adult doesn't allow things to progress into sexual situations or a relationship then it's probably not a big deal.

I'm more disturbed about songs that actually sing about kids having sex with adults.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Didn't listen to the whole song but it sounds to me much like "Stacey's Mom" the person singing is mearly pining for the affections and sexual attention of an older person.

That doesn't really disturb me all that much because I think it may be common for teenagers to be sexually attracted to adults. As long as the adult doesn't allow things to progress into sexual situations or a relationship then it's probably not a big deal.

I'm more disturbed about songs that actually sing about kids having sex with adults.

I got lumps in my throat
When I saw her comin' down the aisle
I got the wiggles in my knees
When she looked at me and sweetly smiled
There she is again
Standin' over by the record machine
Looking like a model
On the cover of a magazine
She's too cute to be a minute over seventeen
Meanwhile I was thinkin'
If she's in the mood no need to break it
I got the chance and I oughta take it
If she can dance we can make it
C'mon queenie let's shake it
Go, go, go, little queenie
Tell me who's the queen
Standin' over by the record machine
Looking like a model
On the cover of a magazine
She's too cute to be a minute over seventeen
Meanwhile, I was still thinkin'
If it's a slow song, we'll omit it
If it's a rocker, then we'll get it
And if it's good, she'll admit it
C'mon queenie, let's get with it

No not Mona’s dad

No not Mona’s dad

See that's not really all that disturbing. Teenage girl has the hots for an adult man but adult man isn't interested.

Teenagers do become sexually attracted to adults. I'm pretty sure it's fairly common and as long as it's just an attraction and does not lead to actual sex acts or a "relationship" then it's fairly harmless.

However Garth Brook's song "That summer" which I just posted is a positive song about a teenage boy having sex with an adult woman.

6a2apvLy_400x400.jpg
She’s 22 now but she told the audience that she wrote the song about her friends dad from when she was a teen. They were all skeeved out.

She’s 22 now but she told the audience that she wrote the song about her friends dad from when she was a teen. They were all skeeved out.
Seriously though, it sounds like Burlap seriously overestimated the audience's receptiveness to statutory rape. It seems kinda gross for her to talk about the song like that to a bunch of teen girls.

Reactions: BelemNole
[Belem's daughter's friends all look at Belem and think to themselves "This song doesn't make any sense at all!"]
Thank god. The thought of any of her friends crushing on my is creepy as hell. I've known many of those kids since they were in diapers.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Thank god. The thought of any of her friends crushing on my is creepy as hell. I've known many of those kids since they were in diapers.
Same with my nieces and their friends. Now they are all 18 and "grown up". I see their pics on "friend suggestion" because Im friends with the nieces. Of course they all try to look as hot as possible.

Its cringy and i wish it would stop.

Reactions: BelemNole
Same with my nieces and their friends. Now they are all 18 and "grown up". I see their pics on "friend suggestion" because Im friends with the nieces. Of course they all try to look as hot as possible.

Its cringy and i wish it would stop.
Better plan -- build a pool and invite them over!

Better plan -- build a pool and invite them over!
I have been dreading that day for years. We had a softball after season party a few years back and one of the 13 year olds showed up in a string bikini. It was extremely awkward. Girl was born to be trouble. The rest of the coaches and I just moved away from the pool.

No not Mona’s dad

No not Mona’s dad

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this song is actually designed to appeal to adult men and dads and not teen girls.

She's basically describing a guy that wouldn't likely be attractive to a teenager at all, but might fantasize about being desired by a teenage girl.

Seems pretty clear this is an adult male fantasy, not a teenage girl fantasy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this song is actually designed to appeal to adult men and dads and not teen girls.

She's basically describing a guy that wouldn't likely be attractive to a teenager at all, but might fantasize about being desired by a teenage girl.

american-beauty-mena-suvari.gif

Reactions: Nole Lou

The song is apparently autobiographical. She wanted to bone her friends dad. She's really proud of the song. I'm guessing she wrote it for herself. But no, it's not big with her core demographic.

So my daughter and her friend (no pics)went into the city last month to see some boy in concert. You know, one of those pretty little guys that sings songs with Arianna Grande, etc.
Anyway, they didn’t know the girl who was the opening act but were enjoying her stuff ….until she started into this song. The way she described it is that the whole place sort of got quite and girls just started looking around at one another trying to figure out if the song was supposed to be satirical or something. It was not. It was weird. Very weird.

Great song

ADVERTISEMENT