ADVERTISEMENT

Stall calls…..?????

We can agree to disagree. If I'm a coach I will never tell my wrestler to concede and just take the loss. I think in the long run it's better for the wrestler and the team even if may not be beneficial for that particular dual. And yeah...kids come back every year from deficits even after getting schooled the entire match. I'm telling my kid if you want to help the team try to get the win as opposed to trying not to give up a bonus point or two.
It’s a fine line…

The stall call on Warner was horrible and Haines should've been dinged when he backed straight out of bounds from the middle of the mat. But the reason we lost the dual is not because of the referees. Only had 2 takedowns in 64 minutes of neutral wrestling.

2 takedowns in 64 minutes of neutral wrestling.

Those numbers are bad but if Spencer Lee didn't turn dudes at will he could put up big TD numbers like Brooks did. If he gets 8/9 TDs suddenly the numbers look more even.

That said, PSU had no TDs at multiple weights (41,49,65,74,97) including 2 returning national champs.

Frankly this was a terrible dual. Either both teams were so good they couldn't take each other down or so bad they couldn't take each other down. Might be a little of both but the product was poor overall.

The 2020 season dual takes a 💩 on this dual.

Those numbers are bad but if Spencer Lee didn't turn dudes at will he could put up big TD numbers like Brooks did. If he gets 8/9 TDs suddenly the numbers look more even.

That said, PSU had no TDs at multiple weights (41,49,65,74,97) including 2 returning national champs.

Frankly this was a terrible dual. Either both teams were so good they couldn't take each other down or so bad they couldn't take each other down. Might be a little of both but the product was poor overall.

The 2020 season dual takes a 💩 on this dual.
Exactly. statistics can often be manipulated in a manner to make one side or another look good. Fully agree that we needed to score more TDs. The other side though is. 1) IOWA was not favored in most matches. 2) We were very much out gunned at 2 weights, 133, 184, and if you make it by rankings/accomplishments. You could add in 174 3) Our biggest guns, Lee and Woods mostly cruised, and as was pointed out. Lee did not add any TDs for the HAWKS

Overall, We performed far better the F*** st expected getting 1 nice upset at 165, winning at 149, holding the line against Haines 57 ketchup kid who they pulled a redshirt to win this match!!! Plus Brands fighting with a 2X NC and kinda making him look stupid in the process.

The bottom line is. If we can keep having lower ranked wrestlers do what they did, and continue to build on our recruiting as we have recently done. It is very obvious that the HAWKS will over take these Pussy cats very soon.

Their fans may be stupid as all hell, but they know this! There is no way to sugar coat their performance when you look at what they sent out. They have 4 returning NC, Plus top recruits and a transfer in their line up and still really looked bad!

I like your optimism. Considering “the whole”, Iowa’s performance slightly exceeded my expectations; while I sheepishly admit, I’ve involuntarily lowered my expectations for Iowa.

Considering the meet was held in PA, there’s no doubt the few knowledgeable PSU fans likely came away disappointed but oddly, also have more confidence they win in March, especially considering Haines RS was officially pulled.

Kinda funny but I thought you were going to say “The bottom line is we keep doing what we’re doing & we’ll keep getting what we get…”.

Again, I appreciate your optimism and I agree with much of what you said but the pessimist in me says we still got a long way to go, especially considering what we lose…

I like your optimism. Considering “the whole”, Iowa’s performance slightly exceeded my expectations; while I sheepishly admit, I’ve involuntarily lowered my expectations for Iowa.

Considering the meet was held in PA, there’s no doubt the few knowledgeable PSU fans likely came away disappointed but oddly, also have more confidence they win in March, especially considering Haines RS was officially pulled.

Kinda funny but I thought you were going to say “The bottom line is we keep doing what we’re doing & we’ll keep getting what we get…”.

Again, I appreciate your optimism and I agree with much of what you said but the pessimist in me says we still got a long way to go, especially considering what we lose…
Think BIG! Yea we lose Lee , Murin, and Warner. Lee is maybe a once in a lifetime kid! That being said, We have Ayala waiting and he will hit the ground running. Hoping Chittum's plan is 149 and that will take care of that! 197 becomes are biggest concern. Have no idea what we can do? Hopefully something comes our way via the portal.

Every other weight we should remain strong. Is this a winning it all line up? Maybe with a stud 197. It is the following year that I believe we can become the favorites again. Still believe the biggest piece of that puzzle becomes the younger Ferrarra. Have him at and Arnold manning 74 and 84 and you have many possible NC!

Another BIG piece is Kueter, Will he be our Heavy? I am hoping it works out but I am also kinda worried we don't get another top recruit and he goes the Football route! Also if Nate does go Navy, that takes away a 1-2 punch with him at 125 and Ayala moving to 133 possibly.

Looking at all this, and imagining it all coming together as it should. That line up would be insane!!!

Reactions: Bones Malone
Love your enthusiasm.
It will be fun to see how the new facility helps future recruiting. I didn’t feel the PSU meet was boring like most. Rewatching it now. Thanks

Reactions: IRONBIRD
After rewatching the PSU meet & knowing the results, it definitely slowed down after the break. Anticipation adrenaline must of carried me thru 2nd half on Friday night.

Kerk rode n rode using that head lever with no attempt to turn Cass. Guessing they teach him to walk it around into a pinning combination ahead of March. JR needs to do better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT