ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley so far-

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
First of all, I think he has done well above average for his first three games. However, I still see the occasional deer-in-the-headlights look. He also has to develop his leadership skills. He seems quiet in the huddle and needs to do a little cheerleading and butt kicking. (CJ had that ability from the start)

Additionally, he was a 3-sport hero in HS so he must have some running ability. Damn, he is bigger than some of our TE's (have you noticed the guns he has?) In order to have a better chance against PSU, he needs to be a run option both on the roll-out and QB draws. At 235 lbs. he should be able rumble for a few yards. I know it increases the chance of injury, but supposedly we have a 2nd QB almost as good as he is.

Honestly, I'm in his band wagon. I mean we're knit picking him at this point other than ball security issues imo. Hes 18 TDs from breaking the single season TD record at Iowa with 10 games to play as a true sophmore! Thats unbelievable!

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm in his band wagon. I mean we're knit picking him at this point other than ball security issues imo. Hes 18 TDs from breaking the all time TD record at Iowa with 10 games to play as a true sophmore! Thats unbelievable!
I assume you mean season.

Also, can I get a WOB ruling on this one please?

First of all, I think he has done well above average for his first three games. However, I still see the occasional deer-in-the-headlights look. He also has to develop his leadership skills. He seems quiet in the huddle and needs to do a little cheerleading and butt kicking. (CJ had that ability from the start)

Additionally, he was a 3-sport hero in HS so he must have some running ability. Damn, he is bigger than some of our TE's (have you noticed the guns he has?) In order to have a better chance against PSU, he needs to be a run option both on the roll-out and QB draws. At 235 lbs. he should be able rumble for a few yards. I know it increases the chance of injury, but supposedly we have a 2nd QB almost as good as he is.

I have not seen a deer in the headlights look. I have seen a very calm and collected young man which in front of 60k at ISU played out pretty well. I don't need some hyper butt kicker yet. Let's wait until HE senses the team is not giving their max effort.

I haven't seen a deer in the headlights at all. When he has time he stands strong and throws a bullet right to where the WR/TE/RB can catch it. He has had some really good throw always from pressure as well.

Honestly, I'm in his band wagon. I mean we're knit picking him at this point other than ball security issues imo. Hes 18 TDs from breaking the all time TD record at Iowa with 10 games to play as a true sophmore! Thats unbelievable!
I assume you mean season.

Also, can I get a WOB ruling on this one please?

Correct all time season TD record. ;) that being said he definitely could start approaching the all time record too.... way too early to be talking that though! Wasnt in my thought process till you brought it up.

Last edited:
He's three starts into his career and is a true soph. He hasn't thrown a single pick, has 8 TD passes, led multiple huge drives to get the win vs. ISU, has made great reads and decisions, and is a big reason our offense is surprisingly the strength of this team so far. Yes he's missed some deep throws and had a few fumbles, but I have no clue how anyone can have a single problem with the way he's performed for us. None of us are in the huddle so who knows what he's like in there but you don't have to be jumping around and screaming out there to be a leader.

He also has to develop his leadership skills. He seems quiet in the huddle and needs to do a little cheerleading and butt kicking. (CJ had that ability from the start)
How could you possibly know this to be true, or even have enough information to make an informed guess? I mean television rarely shows huddles and even if it did, no chatter is heard.

It seems to me that you would need to be on the sideline to have a somewhat informed opinion of Stanley's field leadership style. I don't know maybe you're on the Kinnick chain gang. If so, thanks for sharing.

Stanley does appear to show a pretty reserved manner off the field. Cheerleading doesn't seem to fit his style....... although I have seen pretty rambunctious celebrations after a number of his TD tosses.

He's three starts into his career and is a true soph. He hasn't thrown a single pick, has 8 TD passes, led multiple huge drives to get the win vs. ISU, has made great reads and decisions, and is a big reason our offense is surprisingly the strength of this team so far. Yes he's missed some deep throws and had a few fumbles, but I have no clue how anyone can have a single problem with the way he's performed for us. None of us are in the huddle so who knows what he's like in there but you don't have to be jumping around and screaming out there to be a leader.

Cough 10 TDs
Cough 1 INT

Reactions: atkins 23
He needs to be miked so we can hear him in the huddle and critique his leadership skills I guess. :confused:

I will echo this statement.

For us to have a really special offense, we will need him to pick up some first downs with his legs.

We have had a few instances where he has been open to run and has been hesitant and wouldnt commit to it; only got a yard or two.

Think he has decent enough wheels for a guy his size so let it rip.

Also, havent seen the QB sneek yet this year in short yardage situations. Think that will be coming.

I cant really call it a Stanley thing but literally every audible at the line where he shouts to his left, shouts to his right points at a linebacker its a run. All of the time. 100%. Some would call it a tell.

I cant really call it a Stanley thing but literally every audible at the line where he shouts to his left, shouts to his right points at a linebacker its a run. All of the time. 100%. Some would call it a tell.

I believe that's been the case for all of KF team's. Usually when I hear an audible (for the last 10 years or so) I can call where the run is going and so can the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT