ADVERTISEMENT

Star Trek Picard

ELCHawk

HR All-American
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2019
Who else is excited for Star Trek Picard? I am very excited. Grew up watching TNG. It is one of my 3 all time favorite shows (DS9 and The Office are the others). I was too cheap to get CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery, but am getting it for Picard. I am a total nerd I know, and I am proud of it!

Super excited! But I won't be watching. I'm not paying for another streaming service. Screw CBS for this crap.
I was the same way with Discovery, but couldn't wait for Picard...But, if the show has bad reviews, I will cancel CBS All Access before I have to pay and watch it on DVD.

Who else is excited for Star Trek Picard? I am very excited. Grew up watching TNG. It is one of my 3 all time favorite shows (DS9 and The Office are the others). I was too cheap to get CBS All Access for Star Trek Discovery, but am getting it for Picard. I am a total nerd I know, and I am proud of it!
Pumped!

Really liked Discovery to:

- Not a huge fan of the lead, but love the Captains; especially Pike. I'd watch a series about Pike played by that actor.
- Season 1, Episode 5 brought us not one, but two F'bombs. First and last of their kind...Pike even had some fun with the flop those F-bombs were in season 2.

I was the same way with Discovery, but couldn't wait for Picard...But, if the show has bad reviews, I will cancel CBS All Access before I have to pay and watch it on DVD.
I had to draw the line somewhere. Amazon Prime, Hulu and Disney Plus. Couldn't do another one. I was a huge Voyager fan and not watching Seven of Nine is going to be painful.

Super excited! But I won't be watching. I'm not paying for another streaming service. Screw CBS for this crap.
Same. If this was on Network CBS it would be appointment viewing for me, but I can’t justify another streaming service. It feels like CBS is screwing itself with only releasing it on All Access. If it gets great reviews I might binge it and cancel the service right away.

Same. If this was on Network CBS it would be appointment viewing for me, but I can’t justify another streaming service. It feels like CBS is screwing itself with only releasing it on All Access. If it gets great reviews I might binge it and cancel the service right away.
Picard is just a giant liberal SJW sucking off the government tit while Star Trek is a big government liberal utopia.

Picard is just a giant liberal SJW sucking off the government tit while Star Trek is a big government liberal utopia.
giphy.gif

I'm like some of you. My life is busy enough as it is, I'm just not going to keep signing up for service after service. Eventually I'll get the content somehow. Netflix finally has season one of ST Discovery, so I will watch that soon. I simply just couldn't deal with another monthly charge, plus passwords, and all the hassle.

I'm excited as well. I'm not a full fledged Trekkie where I hate all other forms of Scifi, but I'm a bigger Trek fan than I am a Star Wars fan.

I will say this...then keep teasing a full Anson Mount as Captain Pike series and I would be all in for that one. His time on Discovery and his appearances in several “Short Treks” makes it clear that a Captain Pike/Spock/"Number One" triumvirate show would be absolutely amazing. And btw if you haven't watched all the Short Treks you should, I only thought the Burnham as a kid show was below decent quality. The rest were great.

As far as Discovery itself MINUS Anson Mount as Captain Pike heavy shows I find it....ok. Better than Enterprise and the Animated series, maybe a little bit behind Voyager and nowhere near the original crew, TNG or DS9. And as far as current Scifi shows I'd put it ahead of Killjoys and Another Life; about on par with Lost in Space, Altered Carbon and Westworld; slightly behind the Orville which is closer to TNG than Disco is; and nowhere near as good as The Expanse.

Just watching discovery now. WTF is up with the Klingons? They changed them again?

Well technically JJ Abrams did, you just barely see them in the nuTrek movies. In the deleted scenes they're featured more prominently. But by season two they gave the Klingons back their hair which was weirdly missing in season one and they look closer to the TNG/DS9/Original Crew Movies look.

For example Here's the JJ nuTrek Klingons

18yfm953slz5kjpg.jpg

New-Klingons-Geek_prime.png

Here's the Season One Discovery Klingons

110088_1736b.0.jpg

star-trek-discovery-klingon-anatomy.jpg

And the Season Two of Discovery Klingons

1506505565787.png

tkuvmahair.jpg

klingon-star-trek-discovery-season-2-trailer.webp

Star-Trek-Discovery-Point-of-Light.jpg

Well technically JJ Abrams did, you just barely see them in the nuTrek movies. In the deleted scenes they're featured more prominently. But by season two they gave the Klingons back their hair which was weirdly missing in season one and they look closer to the TNG/DS9/Original Crew Movies look.

For example Here's the JJ nuTrek Klingons

18yfm953slz5kjpg.jpg

New-Klingons-Geek_prime.png

Here's the Season One Discovery Klingons

110088_1736b.0.jpg

star-trek-discovery-klingon-anatomy.jpg

And the Season Two of Discovery Klingons

1506505565787.png

tkuvmahair.jpg

klingon-star-trek-discovery-season-2-trailer.webp

Star-Trek-Discovery-Point-of-Light.jpg
Apparently the Klingons shave their heads during war time.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I had to draw the line somewhere. Amazon Prime, Hulu and Disney Plus. Couldn't do another one. I was a huge Voyager fan and not watching Seven of Nine is going to be painful.

From what I've read, her role in Picard is limited. However, they did just mention they have two mystery series in development (in addition to the Section 31 series). There is speculation there might be a series focusing on Seven of Nine as well as one that might focus on Captain Pike's Enterprise. People really liked them last year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-0406220247jun22-story.html?outputType=amp

"Republican U.S. Senate nominee Jack Ryan's ex-wife, TV actress Jeri Ryan, accused him of taking her to sex clubs in New York and Paris, where he tried to coerce her into having sex with him in front of strangers, according to records released Monday from the couple's California divorce file."
Jeri Ryan was so hot. Damn her and her scruples for never doing a nude scene in a movie.

I'm excited as well. I'm not a full fledged Trekkie where I hate all other forms of Scifi, but I'm a bigger Trek fan than I am a Star Wars fan.

I will say this...then keep teasing a full Anson Mount as Captain Pike series and I would be all in for that one. His time on Discovery and his appearances in several “Short Treks” makes it clear that a Captain Pike/Spock/"Number One" triumvirate show would be absolutely amazing. And btw if you haven't watched all the Short Treks you should, I only thought the Burnham as a kid show was below decent quality. The rest were great.

As far as Discovery itself MINUS Anson Mount as Captain Pike heavy shows I find it....ok. Better than Enterprise and the Animated series, maybe a little bit behind Voyager and nowhere near the original crew, TNG or DS9. And as far as current Scifi shows I'd put it ahead of Killjoys and Another Life; about on par with Lost in Space, Altered Carbon and Westworld; slightly behind the Orville which is closer to TNG than Disco is; and nowhere near as good as The Expanse.
The Expanse is excellent. I have even recommended it to friends that don't like sci fi. Haven't watched season 4 yet, but excited to binge watch it.

When I watched star trek next generation many moons ago a young Tenacious E probably had wondered the same thing.
Doesn’t it look like there is some sort of opening on that poster? Even a tiny hole where we might imagine she could shoot borg milk.

I always considered Picard to be the greatest of the Enterprise Captains. He certainly had the best first officer (Ryker).

I just hope Stewart's political leanings (Brexit &Trump hater) are not interjected into the storylines.

I always considered Picard to be the greatest of the Enterprise Captains. He certainly had the best first officer (Ryker).

I just hope Stewart's political leanings (Brexit &Trump hater) are not interjected into the storylines.

Spock was far better than Ryker. Ryker was human, Picard and Kirk already had those strengths covered. Spock added.

damn it, Let’s walk over to Star Trek losers fight bar.

I would have agreed with you 100% on Picard being the best until you get to see Anson Mount's version of Pike. Now I'd have it as: 1) Anson Mount's Pike, 2) Picard, 3) William Shatner's Kirk, 4) Janeway, 5) Bruce Greenwood's Pike, 6) Chris Pine's Kirk, 7) Jeffery Hunter's Pike, 8) Sisko, and 9) Archer.

I would have agreed with you 100% on Picard being the best until you get to see Anson Mount's version of Pike. Now I'd have it as: 1) Anson Mount's Pike, 2) Picard, 3) William Shatner's Kirk, 4) Janeway, 5) Bruce Greenwood's Pike, 6) Chris Pine's Kirk, 7) Jeffery Hunter's Pike, 8) Sisko, and 9) Archer.
Janeway was awful. The sing-songy cadence she spoke every line at made me want to punch babies. First I will speak very lowly, then I will speak very LOUDLY, then I will go back to speaking lowly, then I WILL SPEAK LOUDLY!!

Spock was far better than Ryker. Ryker was human, Picard and Kirk already had those strengths covered. Spock added.

damn it, Let’s walk over to Star Trek losers fight bar.
Here is one loser's dream team
Commanding Officer: Piccard
Executive Officer: Spock
second officer: data
counselor: deana
egineer: Geordi
security: warf
medical: doctor hologram from voyager
scientist: 7 of 9

Here is one loser's dream team
Commanding Officer: Piccard
Executive Officer: Spock
second officer: data
counselor: deana
egineer: Geordi
security: warf
medical: doctor hologram from voyager
scientist: 7 of 9
Kirk never needed a Counselor Troi to tell ask him how he felt about something. He just went out and made s*** happen!

Janeway was awful. The sing-songy cadence she spoke every line at made me want to punch babies. First I will speak very lowly, then I will speak very LOUDLY, then I will go back to speaking lowly, then I WILL SPEAK LOUDLY!!

Kate Mulgrew,... Dubuque Iowa girl...

Kirk never needed a Counselor Troi to tell ask him how he felt about something. He just went out and made s*** happen!
True. I only put her on the list because the position was listed on some website. If I had to vote someone off the island she would be the first to go. Next would be Geordi, then Warf, then the doctor hologram. Not sure who wins my final 4 of Piccard, Spock, Data, and 7 of 9.

True. I only put her on the list because the position was listed on some website. If I had to vote someone off the island she would be the first to go. Next would be Geordi, then Warf, then the doctor hologram. Not sure who wins my final 4 of Piccard, Spock, Data, and 7 of 9.
My least favorite episode of TNG was the one where by some incredible string of events Troi was left in charge of the bridge as a calamity faced the Enterprise.

ADVERTISEMENT