Commanding Officer: Piccard
Executive Officer: Spock
second officer: data
counselor: deana
egineer: Geordi
security: warf
medical: doctor hologram from voyager
scientist: 7 of 9

If you're going dream team well balanced (and cheating by stashing amazing science officers and engineers in secondary positions) to resolve any crisis I'd go:

Commanding Officer: Picard
Executive Officer: Spock
Second Officer: Data
Counselor: Troi
Engineer: Scotty
Weapons Officer: Worf
Security: Odo
Helmsman: Geordi
Navigator: Chekov
Astrometrics: 7 of 9
Science: T'Pol
Communications: Uhura
Medical: McCoy

My least favorite episode of TNG was the one where by some incredible string of events Troi was left in charge of the bridge as a calamity faced the Enterprise.

Planet of the Black People (Technically titled "Code of Honor") was my least favorite TNG episode. It's plot could have been written by any smallbrained racist Magat on this board.

First of all it features the hideous man-skirt or skant Starfleet uniform

maninskirt.jpg

And second it's just openly racist

star_trektng3.jpg

star-trek-tng-code-of-honor-image-23.jpg

Planet of the Black People (Technically titled "Code of Honor") was my least favorite TNG episode. It's plot could have been written by any smallbrained racist Magat on this board.

First of all it features the hideous man-skirt or skant Starfleet uniform

star-trek-tng-code-of-honor-image-23.jpg
Based on those pics, Tasha Yar should replace Odo on your dream team.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
My least favorite episode of TNG was the one where by some incredible string of events Troi was left in charge of the bridge as a calamity faced the Enterprise.
I hated the one where they played out a pointless plot on the holodeck.

I wouldn't have guessed it previously, but I think she is natural. This would be in contrast to Denise Richards, who at one time was as hot as the surface of the sun, but was clearly fake.

She's the second hottest "Star Trek woman" in my opinion. I like Jolene Blalock aka T'Pol just a tiny smidge better.

aZsbuw13q4thQP23Vd8Mg47Sn0GsnsCTCON5xbrf84U.jpg

jolene.jpg

They got VERY creative in showing off her body on Enterprise from the topless back quarter butt crack shot (the censors probably had fun determining the exact proportion of butt crack and cheek that was acceptable) in a "dream"....

latest

To the "contamination bay" rubdowns where you ALMOST see nipple....

jolene-blalock-nude-star-trek-enterprise-15.jpg

To late night "massages" to help with anxiety headaches or some other BS reason they came up with....

jolene-blalock-nude-star-trek-enterprise-23.jpg

To her dropping her dress behind a sheet so her projected nude form was visible

MV5BODJhM2QzNGQtOThlNC00MTdmLTgxZmUtY2MyZDdiNTQyOGY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAxMTU3Mzk@._V1_.jpg

carboncreek_121.jpg

Last edited:
She's the second hottest "Star Trek woman" in my opinion. I like Jolen Blalock aka T'Pol just a tiny smidge better.

jolene.jpg

They got VERY creative in showing off her body on Enterprise from the topless back quarter butt crack shot (the censors probably had fun determining the exact proportion of butt crack and cheek that was acceptable) in a "dream"....

latest

To late night "massages" to help with anxiety headaches or some other BS reason they came up with....

MV5BODJhM2QzNGQtOThlNC00MTdmLTgxZmUtY2MyZDdiNTQyOGY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAxMTU3Mzk@._V1_.jpg

carboncreek_121.jpg
Math checks out and
tenor.gif

She's the second hottest "Star Trek woman" in my opinion. I like Jolene Blalock aka T'Pol just a tiny smidge better.

jolene.jpg

latest

carboncreek_121.jpg
Ryan wins because her assets are natural.

Ryan wins because her assets are natural.

From Howard Stern a LONG time ago.

"Howard: "Hey Jolene, can I ask one last question?"
Jolene: "Yeah....."
Howard: "A bunch of guys called in. They want to know, do you have real breasts or fake?"
Jolene: "Fake."
Howard: "They're fake!?!"
Jolene: "Yeah."
Robin: "Well, they look real!"
Howard: "Damn, we said they were real... They're real good. Don't feel bad about that. You look perfect."
Jolene: "Oh no, I don't. I did it about ten years ago..."
Bababooey: "You did it when you were seventeen!?"
Robin: "Wha?"
Bababooey: "Why did you do it when you were seventeen? Just for yourself?"
Jolene: "Yeah, I did it completely for myself. I didn't tell anybody."
Howard: "You're wild!"
Robin: "That's amazing, at seventeen."
Howard: "That's the right age to start."
Bababooey: "She gave herself a graduation present."
Howard: "They're PERFECT!"
Robin: "But do you realize, she got those breasts even before she had ever had sex!"
Howard: "That's what you should do, that way no one knows."
Stuttering John (I think): "Are they D cups!?"
Howard: "Be quiet! That's a sensitive question. You know what, you're a little bit gross... Are they D cups?"
(laughs)
Jolene: "They're nice Bs."
Howard: "They're Bs?!"
(everyone talking at once)
Bababooey: "Get outa here!"
Howard: "No, you're a C at least."
Jolene: "B"
(everyone's still talking at once)
Howard: "Stop the madness! What, you started out as an A?"
Jolene: "It's just on a small frame, that's why..."
Howard: "Alright. You look great, that's all I have to say."
Jolene: "If they were C's, that'd be gross.""

Reactions: Pinehawk
I flip flop about what is the better show. TNG or DS9. Voyager and Enterprise is quite below in quality. TOS and the cartoon I really never watched. Before my time.

From Howard Stern a LONG time ago.

"Howard: "Hey Jolene, can I ask one last question?"
Jolene: "Yeah....."
Howard: "A bunch of guys called in. They want to know, do you have real breasts or fake?"
Jolene: "Fake."
Howard: "They're fake!?!"
Robin: "Well, they look real!"
Howard: "Damn, we said they were real... They're real good. Don't feel bad about that. You look perfect."
Jolene: "Oh no, I don't. I did it about ten years ago..."
Bababooey: "You did it when you were seventeen!?"
Robin: "Wha?"
Bababooey: "Why did you do it when you were seventeen? Just for yourself?"
Jolene: "Yeah, I did it completely for myself. I didn't tell anybody."
Howard: "You're wild!"
Robin: "That's amazing, at seventeen."
Howard: "That's the right age to start."
Bababooey: "She gave herself a graduation present."
Howard: "They're PERFECT!"
Robin: "But do you realize, she got those breasts even before she had ever had sex!"
Howard: "That's what you should do, that way no one knows."
Stuttering John (I think): "Are they D cups!?"
Howard: "Be quiet! That's a sensitive question. You know what, you're a little bit gross... Are they D cups?"
(laughs)
Jolene: "They're nice Bs."
Howard: "They're Bs?!"
(everyone talking at once)
Bababooey: "Get outa here!"
Howard: "No, you're a C at least."
Jolene: "B"
(everyone's still talking at once)
Howard: "Stop the madness! What, you started out as an A?"
Jolene: "It's just on a small frame, that's why..."
Howard: "Alright. You look great, that's all I have to say."
Jolene: "If they were C's, that'd be gross.""
Ok, Ryan wins because hers are less cartoonish looking.

I would have agreed with you 100% on Picard being the best until you get to see Anson Mount's version of Pike. Now I'd have it as: 1) Anson Mount's Pike, 2) Picard, 3) William Shatner's Kirk, 4) Janeway, 5) Bruce Greenwood's Pike, 6) Chris Pine's Kirk, 7) Jeffery Hunter's Pike, 8) Sisko, and 9) Archer.
Based on your endorsement, I look forward to seeing Mount's version of Pike. From the promo pic's I've seen, he certainly looks like a badass.

Janeway was under-rated. She was smart as hell, compassionate when appropriate and tough as nails when she needed to be.

I flip flop about what is the better show. TNG or DS9. Voyager and Enterprise is quite below in quality. TOS and the cartoon I really never watched. Before my time.
Voyager was the one that I watched religiously from the start so it remains my favorite. Janeway is very underrated as far a best captains. I have watched a lot of DS9, but I always stop as I am working my way through it because it feels like a chore.

I had to draw the line somewhere. Amazon Prime, Hulu and Disney Plus. Couldn't do another one. I was a huge Voyager fan and not watching Seven of Nine is going to be painful.
I'm assuming CBS All Access is like other streaming services in that you can sign up for a month or so, binge everything you want and then cancel. Rinse and repeat a few times per year.

I have not been doing that with Netflix, Prime and Hulu, but did it for a month with HBO (and will again). Seems like a viable plan.

Is there any reason I won't be able to do that with CBS AA?

I would have agreed with you 100% on Picard being the best until you get to see Anson Mount's version of Pike. Now I'd have it as: 1) Anson Mount's Pike, 2) Picard, 3) William Shatner's Kirk, 4) Janeway, 5) Bruce Greenwood's Pike, 6) Chris Pine's Kirk, 7) Jeffery Hunter's Pike, 8) Sisko, and 9) Archer.
I haven't seen Discovery but putting Cisco and Archer last throws your whole ranking in serious doubt.

I haven't seen Discovery but putting Cisco and Archer last throws your whole ranking in serious doubt.

Deep Space 9 was the second best ST series behind only TNG but Sisko was a horrible character. Not only do I think the actor is subpar but the character even if it were competently performed is a terrible absentee father; he frequently made use of blackmail to force Quark and other characters to do his bidding; his only love interest is a smuggler who he arrests but uses his power to be given only the lightest of sentences, threatened (seriously) to poison the atmosphere of colonies where maquis cels lived, destroying whole ecosystems just to get a single maquis rebel; etc...

For more terrible things done by Sisko like his many warcrimes read here. https://screenrant.com/captain-sisko-star-trek-worst-evil0acts/

Reactions: lucas80
Deep Space 9 was the second best ST series behind only TNG but Sisko was a horrible character. Not only do I think the actor is subpar but the character even if it were competently performed is a terrible absentee father; he frequently made use of blackmail to force Quark and other characters to do his bidding; his only love interest is a smuggler who he arrests but uses his power to be given only the lightest of sentences, threatened (seriously) to poison the atmosphere of colonies where maquis cels lived, destroying whole ecosystems just to get a single maquis rebel; etc...

For more terrible things done by Sisko like his many warcrimes read here. https://screenrant.com/captain-sisko-star-trek-worst-evil0acts/
I always thought it amusing that people mocked Shatner for overacting but gave Avery Brooks a pass. I still liked both actor and character, though. Both Shatner and Brooks could be superlative actors at times. Making it hard to rate them.

As for the war crimes, yeah, there were a couple of times when the writers seemed to be selling out to the neocon view. A disappointing departure from the original series.

Voyager was the one that I watched religiously from the start so it remains my favorite. Janeway is very underrated as far a best captains. I have watched a lot of DS9, but I always stop as I am working my way through it because it feels like a chore.

The first two seasons are a bit rough. They did a bunch of character development and world building, which was necessary for the story they were telling, but the problem was much of the Universe was already known.

Babylon 5 had the luxury of having a completely new universe to explore (although all but season 4 certainly has some rough episodes). Also, they didn't take their time as much telling the main story as the chance of cancellation was always a factor.

jolene.jpg

latest

carboncreek_121.jpg
I'd give her body an even higher watchability rating than 7 of 9, which isn't even slightly a complaint about 7 or 9 (except that they didn't spend nearly enough time showing walking ass shots).

Just saw the first episode for Picard and I'm very excited about it. And this is coming from someone who is pretty disappointed in Discovery.

Discovery isn't terrible, but my main complaint is that it goes so far to overcorrect the straight male dominance of Star Trek history that it almost becomes a parody. It's like the writers are forbidden to create a positive straight male character.

The main protagonist (Burnham), the leader of the Klingon Empire, the leader of the Terran Empire (and rumored to get a spinoff), the only admiral seen of any substance, the main subcharacter (Tilly), the chief engineer (who's also gay), chief medical officer (after Culber disappeared), and the only 2 bridge members of any substance are all women. I could cite plenty more examples.

Two of the leading male characters (Stamets and Culber) are in a relationship. The other males include an alien, an emo half-Klingon, Lorca, a white male who turned out to be the primary baddie in season 1, two bridge members with hardly any speaking parts, and the primary bad guy in season 2 (the name eludes me). Even a guy early in season 2 is killed as a sort of joke. In the middle of the season you see a guy who was on Burnam's original ship; I'm thinking maybe finally there's a positive male, but no, he turned out to be bad, too.

The only straight admirable males are those from canon; Pike and Spock. So the writers were handcuffed in presenting them. Even with Spock's parents, the mom comes off much better than Sarek. And I don't believe any of these characters will be in season 3, though there is an abundance of clamoring for a Pike spinoff.

Even in the 3 short treks I've seen it continue; with Number One and Spock in the elevator, the engineer heard and the crewmember that rescues them are women. In the Trouble with Edward, the newly promoted captain is a woman where the older white male is the butt of the joke. And in the 3rd one with Pike, the protagonist again is a woman.

Please understand that I want diversity in Star Trek; I want to see equality on the screen, that we've overcome our prejudices. And I like all the characters and the actors portraying them. It's not a case of, "I don't find a female or gay man in this role believable or likeable." There's no one of them that I would say needs to go or should have been replaced with a straight male character. But I would like to see some balance. Wouldn't it be helpful as a straight male to see straight males interacting with non-straight males on the screen?

I'm hopeful to get that in the Picard series.

I don't understand why someone's sexuality or gender is relevant to whether the story is good. Do you HAVE to have a straight male relationship to pay attention to the story being told? Either the characters are interesting and well developed or they aren't. Who they have sex with or what gender they are doesn't change any of those other things.

I'm not trying to say you are wrong because I believe you make a good argument at what you are saying, but for me, those things don't affect anything else in the story. Replace the doctor with a female and nothing changes in the story or the relationship.

Last edited:
I've just started watching Discovery. I'm in the second episode where they're in the alt universe (ep 10?) and I just groaned when they ended up there. It seems cliche that a star trek show ends up in an alt universe with evil versions of themselves. Does the show remain in this universe for long? Because if it does I'm not sure I can carry on watching.

I don't understand why someone's sexuality or gender is relevant to whether the story is good. Do you HAVE to have a straight male relationship to pay attention to the story being told? Either the characters are interesting and well of developed or they aren't. Who they have sex with or what gender they are doesn't change any of those other things.

I'm not trying to say you are wrong because I believe you make a good argument at what you are saying, but for me, those things don't affect anything else in the story. Replace the doctor with a female and nothing changes in the story or the relationship.

I've found that there are categories of people:
1. There is no disparity or inequality; any perception of that is imagined
2. There is disparity/inequality but it doesn't matter; it doesn't factor into my enjoyment of the show
3. There is disparity/inequality, and it's about time. This is needed to balance out the history
4. There is disparity/inequality, and it's wrong. Especially in a future where we have supposedly overcome our prejudices
5. There is disparity/inequality, which is ridiculous since straight men should primarily be featured

You're in category 2, and I'm in category 4. If you're right, that it isn't relevant to the story, then why is the disparity so great on this show? Do you think everything I've pointed out is just a coincidence? That when the writers imagined a character that it was a woman or gay man almost every single time when it was a good person, and that it was a white male almost every single time it was a bad person, that it's just how it happened to play out?

Just look at the final episode of season 2 (spoilers):
Georgiou and Nahn (both women) take out Leland (bad white guy)
The Klingons (led by L'Rell, a female) and Kelpians (led by Saru's sister) come to save the day
Po, the princess, discovers how to defeat the AI drones
Cornwell sacrifices herself to save the ship

Nearly every heroic act is played by a woman. The final episode of season 1 is practically the same.

Last edited:
I've found that there are categories of people:
1. There is no disparity or inequality; any perception of that is imagined
2. There is disparity/inequality but it doesn't matter; it doesn't factor into my enjoyment of the show
3. There is disparity/inequality, and it's about time. This is needed to balance out the history
4. There is disparity/inequality, and it's wrong. Especially in a future where we have supposedly overcome our prejudices

You're in category 2, and I'm in category 4. If you're right, that it isn't relevant to the story, then why is the disparity so great on this show? Do you think everything I've pointed out is just a coincidence? That when the writers imagined a character that it was a woman or gay man almost every single time when it was a good person, and that it was a white male almost every single time it was a bad person, that it's just how it happened to play out?

Just look at the final episode of season 2 (spoilers):
Georgiou and Nahn (both women) take out Leland (bad white guy)
The Klingons (led by L'Rell, a female) and Kelpians (led by Saru's sister) come to save the day
Po, the princess, discovers how to defeat the AI drones
Cornwell sacrifices herself to save the ship

Nearly every heroic act is played by a woman. The final episode of season 1 is practically the same.

I think you overstated my position, but I don't think they are trying to send a message that straight, white people are evil and need to be defeated. I also don't think you are a 4 since you are complaining about the exact thing you shouldn't be complaining about.

Captain Pike is the best character on the series. I just think too many straight white people need to lighten up. Just because it's not all about them anymore doesn't mean that it is all against them. By the way, you are copying the same line of BS that all the nerd rage internet incels are doing to try and gin up support to hate on things. So, just because 90% of the roles aren't for straight white people anymore doesn't mean I'm going to get all upset about it.

To be fair though, I also don't like it when people complain because there isn't a gay person on the show. I'm just not going to throw a shit fit when people like me aren't included. I'm either going to watch it or I won't. If not enough people watch, then the show won't exist.

Last edited:
I've just started watching Discovery. I'm in the second episode where they're in the alt universe (ep 10?) and I just groaned when they ended up there. It seems cliche that a star trek show ends up in an alt universe with evil versions of themselves. Does the show remain in this universe for long? Because if it does I'm not sure I can carry on watching.
No, it does not (stay there).

I think you overstated my position, but I don't think they are trying to send a message that straight, white people are evil and need to be defeated. Captain Pike is the best character on the series. I just think too many straight white people need to lighten up. Just because it's not all about them anymore doesn't mean that it is all against them. By the way, you are copying the same line of BS that all the nerd rage internet incels are doing to try and gin up support to hate on things. So, just because 90% of the roles aren't for straight white people anymore doesn't mean I'm going to get all upset about it.

To be fair though, I also don't like it when people complain because there isn't a gay person on the show. I'm just not going to throw a shit fit when people like me aren't included. I'm either going to watch it or I won't. If not enough people watch, then the show won't exist.

I'll give credit where credit is due, they made Pike out to be a great character, particularly in one episode. But again, that is a character from canon; not one created specifically for this series.

A show or movie doesn't have to be all about straight white males for me to enjoy it. Just one recent example is the movie Little Monsters. I thought it was great, with the lead character being a black woman with the men around her being highly flawed.

I guess for me, with a franchise like Star Trek, a series I've loved since my childhood, a series that from the beginning was breaking down all sorts of walls, I get the feeling from this particular iteration that I'm not welcome, which is an absolute shame.

Yeah, but back in the day she managed to be a smoke show while rocking a Wall Street dude's haircut.
seven81250472331.jpg

Self assimilation, ENGAGE!

I wouldn't have guessed it previously, but I think she is natural. This would be in contrast to Denise Richards, who at one time was as hot as the surface of the sun, but was clearly fake.

Cedar Rapids' own Terry Farrell as Dax in Deep Space 9 > Jeri Ryan...
45a81a8805a39071e3bf94dae46131c3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT