ADVERTISEMENT

Starting 5/Rotation given CURRENT Roster? Is SCHEDULE Toughest in History? IOWA #16(USA Today)

NOTE: On June 27 Lunardi had Iowa as a 6 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Aug 28, 2019 Update:

He has 8 B1G teams making the Big Dance.

He has Minny as one of the first 6 out.

The 8 B1G teams Lunardi has dancing:

MIDWEST (Michigan State is 1 seed)
01 Michigan State

WEST (Kansas is 1 seed)
08 Michigan
10 IOWA
11 Wisconsin

EAST (Duke is 1 seed)
03 Maryland

SOUTH (Florida is 1 seed)
03 Purdue
04 Ohio State
09 Penn State

LINK: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/59

Wife and I just got back from Iowa after visiting my dad who will be 94 next month. It was dad that asked me if I heard about Pemsl and I said no. He said it was in the local paper so I read it. Wow. Hope it all works out.
he probably serves a game or 2 suspension, hopefully before the more difficult games :)

Here. We. Go.

The Hawkeyes had their first practice yesterday.

Do you see your starting 5 in these pics?

EFwQau5WsAE9sD2

EFwQau8W4AEmrXK

EFwQau7W4AE6XaA

EFwQau9WsAAiXY5

Joe’s comments about Patrick’s athleticism, quickness on the defensive end, and getting down court quickly is consistent with posters who have seen Patrick play.

Patrick will make contributions this year and will be really good before his career at Iowa is over.

Count on JBo NOT playing this year. He has not participated in any off season workouts, lifting, etc. He has only put up a few shots.

Emmert of the Register said that is why they brought in Evelyn; so with him, JoeT and Connor, you have 3 guys who can play the PG position.

On the HawkCentral Wednesday radio show on KxNO, Ross Peterson asked Mark Emmert "what does success look like for this team?"

Mark: "Certainly, you'd want a winning record...I think if they get to the NIT, I don't think that's a bad year for this team; again, they have lost 4 of their 6 best players from last year's team that won 23 games. I just think that's a lot to replace in one year....It's a tough league....They have a tough nonconference schedule."

Last edited:
NOTE THIS TIMELINE:

May 2, 2019 -- Isaiah Moss, a three-year starter at shooting guard for Iowa, announced he would transfer to another Division I school for his final season.

May 22, 2019 -- Jordan Bohannon had hip surgery where a lengthy recovery and rehabilitation process was expected. The surgery put his availability for the upcoming season in jeopardy.

June 27, 2019 -- Joe Lunardi had Iowa as a 6 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Oct 3, 2019 ESPN Bracketology Update:

He has 8 B1G teams making the Big Dance.

He has Penn State & Wisconsin with one of the "last 4 byes."

He has Iowa as one of the "Last 4 In."

He has Minnesota as one of the "Next 4 OUT."

The 8 B1G teams Lunardi has dancing:

MIDWEST (Michigan State is 1 seed)
01 Michigan State

EAST (Louisville is 1 seed)
05 Ohio State
10 Penn State

SOUTH (Florida is 1 seed)
04 Purdue
11 IOWA