ADVERTISEMENT

Starting today I am boycotting any restaurant

Screen+Shot+07-24-19+at+08.42+PM.JPG
Its okay, you took a big mud pie. You should have used a bigger slice.

I would be screwed, I make it a point to leave my phone in my car when going out to eat.
My wife and I make it a point also, it makes you actually have a conversation with someone. The waiters seem genuinely thunderstruck when you tell them you do not have a phone.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Jeebus, I had no idea you were still living in abject fear. Look, there is a non zero chance you will die driving to the park. There is a non zero chance a tree will fall on you while you are walking in the park. So do you avoid parks?
Wow. Please walk that awful comparison back.

Thanks for the link, though.

My wife and I make it a point also, it makes you actually have a conversation with someone. The waiters seem genuinely thunderstruck when you tell them you do not have a phone.
The wife and I always have our cell phones when we eat out and never look that them. I'm not understanding why you can't have a cell phone on you and not look at it?

There are some places in Vegas now that have gone one step further and they are doing "dynamic food pricing" based on demand, events, etc. The same meal you bought on Tuesday may cost $4 more on Thursday because there's more people in town. The scannable menu has made this a breeze to do.

The wife and I always have our cell phones when we eat out and never look that them. I'm not understanding why you can't have a cell phone on you and not look at it?

I do it because its both a willpower issue, and it’s a good time to just get away from your phone.

Reactions: Moral
That won’t give me a god damn menu. We’ve known for two years that COVID doesn’t spread on surfaces you irrational dumb phuques. I am done scanning QR code’s and scrolling through menus on my phone.
Can we talk about the crappy QR code stickers they slap on the tables? Some places had some nice solid wood tables that are ruined with QR stickers. Then the stickers get scratched, stained, etc and look like poop and sometimes can be read.

I only patronize fine establishments that use machined aluminum QR table inserts or placards. If the waitress has a nice rack then it is also acceptable & classy to put the QR code on her bewbs.

Reactions: JMSBFD and Moral
Yeah!! What restaurant would want a menu they can customize instantly at a fraction of the cost. F them and their hight profit margins
That's not the point. It's about atmosphere and customer comforts. They could save a few bucks on running commercial dishwashers by handing out paper plates and plastic forks, and save a lot on chairs if they made you sit on the floor. I for one agree, but thankfully that QR menu trend hasn't hit here. I do see it out of town though and it's idiotic.

Imagine working at this restaurant and having to explain how to use a QR code to a crotchety old man. For their sake i hope they bring back menus

I dunno. I have never once scanned a QR code or whatever the hell those things are for one simple reason. That it'll infect my phone with marketing AIDS forever from whatever the scan is for. Yes, I want 4 emails and 4 texts per day telling me about how fabulous your product is when all I really wanted was to look at a menu.

That's awesome marketing genius right there. Now, I have no idea if stuff like this actually happens or not - but something tells me that it does.

It's funny - wife (no pics) and I ate at a place last night with another couple that did this. A pretty nice restaurant. QR code stuck to the table. It was at the other side of the table so a dinner companion tried to scan it for me and it didn't work - had to use her phone to see the menu.

I didn't care for that approach, but I'm not planning to get all pi$$ed off about it either.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I dunno. I have never once scanned a QR code or whatever the hell those things are for one simple reason. That it'll infect my phone with marketing AIDS forever from whatever the scan is for. Yes, I want 4 emails and 4 texts per day telling me about how fabulous your product is when all I really wanted was to look at a menu.

That's awesome marketing genius right there. Now, I have no idea if stuff like this actually happens or not - but something tells me that it does.
Everything about this is wrong

That won’t give me a god damn menu. We’ve known for two years that COVID doesn’t spread on surfaces you irrational dumb phuques. I am done scanning QR code’s and scrolling through menus on my phone.
You must be fun to hang out with in the Mickey D’s drive through

I'm ok with btoh QR codes and menus; it's not a big deal.

I also get that some people leave their phones in their vehicles so they aren't distracted during dinner. That's totally fine. It is also pretty easy to just simply not use your phone during your time in the restaurant (aside from if you use the QR code to order).

This all seems so silly that we (well, some people) are arguing about this topic.

Agree about business reaction. Many stores kept fitting rooms closed way too long using covid as an excuse, and this seems like a similar situation to me. I do recall seeing prices crossed out and written in during the 1970s, but menus were always around because there was no e-option. I don't buy the idea that increasing prices are sufficient justification to not have them available.

The last I checked a number of airline VIP lounges are still closed. It seems like every decrease in customer service, businesses shrug their shoulders and say “COVID.”

How much do I get to charge the restaurant for the use of my phone and my data plan? Do I get to use dynamic pricing depending on my mood that day as well?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Or just do what my local Chipotle does and charge whatever they fvcking feel like charging.

A few weeks ago a cashier punched in my order and said “It’s $9.20.”

“Why are you charging me $9.20?”

“Because you bought a steak burrito.” (A little too sarcastic for my liking)

I then pointed to the giant ass menu board behind him that says steak burritos are $8.30. Dude just shrugged his shoulders as if to say “it is what it is.” So I handed him a $10 bill and walked out of Chipotle for the last time.

I get that prices are going up. I don’t mind paying $9.20 for a burrito if that’s what a burrito costs. But charge me what the sign says and don’t be a dick about it.
And, you got the burrito before you were a dick to the slacker behind the counter, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ8869
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT