ADVERTISEMENT

Starting today I am boycotting any restaurant

There are some places in Vegas now that have gone one step further and they are doing "dynamic food pricing" based on demand, events, etc. The same meal you bought on Tuesday may cost $4 more on Thursday because there's more people in town. The scannable menu has made this a breeze to do.
Would not patronize a place like that. To many other options out there

I should make up a bunch of QR codes saying different things and start taping them over the ones at restaurants.

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
And, you got the burrito before you were a duck to the slacker behind the counter, right?
It remained wrapped and within my sight throughout the encounter. So there was no opportunity for Skippy to defile the cylindrical calorie bomb, if that’s what you’re asking.

Sorry, I still don’t understand. Can’t you just keep them in your pockets or purse? You can have them on you but not pull them out.

Some people, myself included don’t always have the willpower. So it’s just creating an extra barrier.

I can’t explain it, but it really is nice and “freeing” to not even have your phone with you.

Stay strong OP and remember you're not alone
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

It can spread by surfaces. Not like originally thought. Now I’ve run this scenario past OP before and he never responded.

Player one has Covid and sneezes in his hand, then grabs door handle with said hand. Player two, walking slightly behind player one reaches for same said door handle and touches the nasty stuff from player one’s hand. Player two then rubs his eyes because they itch.

Well looky their, player two now has Covid.

I missed this one earlier. Yes, if you touch a snot covered door handle you probably want to wash your hands. However,

Mass disinfection has not been part of disease control measures in Western countries "because public health authorities followed the science," according to Emanuel Goldman, a professor of microbiology at the Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School. "(It's) highly unlikely that any cases result from touching contaminated surfaces. The virus dies quickly outside an infected person ... and transfers very inefficiently by fingers," he said. "Hand washing with soap, or alcohol hand wipes, is all you need to get the incidence down to zero."

Reactions: Jan Itor
What kind of restaurants are doing this? I’m not sure I have seen it, so I’m guessing the type that I do not patron.

We don’t go out to eat a ton, but typically they make up a different menu each day and hand it to us.

That won’t give me a god damn menu. We’ve known for two years that COVID doesn’t spread on surfaces you irrational dumb phuques. I am done scanning QR code’s and scrolling through menus on my phone.
Code’s?! You don’t deserve to eat, be it at a restaurant or anywhere else.

Last edited:
Reactions: dgordo
What kind of restaurants are doing this? I’m not sure I have seen it, so I’m guessing the type that I do not patron.

We don’t go out to eat a ton, but typically they make up a different menu each day and hand it to us.

Throughout COVID I believe the majority of restaurants switched to online menus that you access via a QR code on your table. Lots of otherwise very good restaurants also used plastic silverware well into 2021. The number has been dwindling in recent moths, but I started this thread after going to a relatively upscale restaurant with some friends. They had one QR code for their drink menu, another QR code for their dinner menu, and yet a third QR code for deserts.

Some people, myself included don’t always have the willpower. So it’s just creating an extra barrier.

I can’t explain it, but it really is nice and “freeing” to not even have your phone with you.

It's not uncommon for me not to have my phone with me, I'm not on it all the time. I know some people that don't even own a cell phone. For restaurants to just assume you'll be able to access their menu from a phone is not really ideal.

I should make up a bunch of QR codes saying different t later gs and start taping them over the ones at restaurants.
You're too late (and yes they are out there, whack jobs everywhere).

Our Company actually has a series of videos we are required to watch for nefarious e-mails and that sort of thing.

One of the recent videos was two young ladies conversing during a workday lunch while scanning a QR Code menu at a posh local eatery. Chick A got a menu, Chick B got malware on her phone which essentially disabled it, and then hilarity ensues as she asks the waiter what happened and later finds out she missed an important call from the Boss, etc..

Do your QR Code scanning, you take your chances. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Reactions: Pinehawk
In a van down by the river seems likely.
A 90’s reference from a boomer? Super edgy.

Also, van-life is all the rage these days. With a view of a river? Sounds like the dream for many. I had a blast last summer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT