ADVERTISEMENT

Starting Year 20 on the Iowa beat...Thank You!

TomKakert

Publisher, HawkeyeReport.com
Sep 16, 2001
Wanted to drop a note here as we head into another season of Iowa football.

Hard to believe that this will be my 20th season covering Iowa football full-time. Really blessed to be able to do this job on a daily basis thanks to the support that all of you have provided us over the past two decades. Couldn't do it without all of the subscribers. I also couldn't do it without @Blair Sanderson. He's the best in the business. Also want to include @webcentrick, @KyleHuesmann, @Mike Zierath, and @torbee for all their contributions. All great people! Been very lucky to have great people here helping to produce great content.

A long time ago one of my best friends and I would talk about making our hobbies into our career. When you do that, you never really work a day in your life. Sometimes that means working for free at the start just to get your foot in the door. But, when you can turn it into a paying job then it's the realization of the dream. We have both done that in our lives. My friend has a better paying gig, but as he always reminds me, I have the job a lot of people would love to have. I try not to lose sight of that on the tough days when things are rough around here. :)

Anyway, before we really dive into week one starting on Monday I wanted to say thanks to all of you for being here and our entire crew producing great content. Thank you! We appreciate your support!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News