ADVERTISEMENT

State continues to get sh**tier

Post your credentials or stfu. Don't tag me unless you want to reveal all your previous handles.

Stay out of my exam room. The discussion of potential treatments with a patient is individual and personal. The government should stay out of it. A woman's right to make her own medical decisions should be protected.
UNLESS you are forced to take a wildly rushed and unproven vaccine right!

Mifepristone in combo with misoprostol isn't just prescribed by ObGyns. Though its almost always in consultation with one.

Mifepristone alone might be only ObGyns. Though there probably are some that do it that aren't given what it is used for. I dunno, I can't speak to that. I'm not a pharmacist dispensing these so I wouldn't have knowledge over where these scripts come from.
You're making a very clear case that states should not be restricting its medical uses.

Because you know God-Squad pharmacists are going to refuse to dispense it based on these laws, regardless of what the prescription is for. That's how these laws work. They empower abuse by people with agendas.

So the heart beat seen at 6 weeks on US is a clump of cells right?

There is no "heart beat" at 6 weeks, because there is no heart.

Have you SEEN what the embryo looks like at that time?

2718.jpg

Where's the "heart" here "doctor" chiropractor?

There is no "heart beat" at 6 weeks, because there is no heart.

Have you SEEN what the embryo looks like at that time?

2718.jpg

Where's the "heart" here "doctor" chiropractor?

Yes I have SEEN what an embryo looks like at this age. I've held a 6 week embryo in my hand, (have you?), and it looks nothing like this at all. While the overall size (7mm) may be consistent, this doesn't include the size of the gestational sac which would be a total of a couple cm usually. Therefore, this is 100% propaganda and misinformation designed to dehumanize the pregnancy. A nice small bloodless amorphous mass. Seems kinda intentional huh? And The Guardian? Wow. Are you actually serious? This is even ridiculous by your standards.

Yes you can see cardiac activity at 6 weeks. You can play word games and say it isn't a heart but heart cells. Yeak ok. Whatever mental gymnastics it takes to convince yourself you haven't singlehandedly decide to erase a life from the earth at its most helpless moment. Second, that doesn't pass the smell test since for purposes of whether this is a life or not it clearly demonstrates features consistent with life. Cardiac motion and fetal motion.

And this next one even better. The CRL they refer and show on screen to is the fetal pole measurement crown rump length and is used to date the fetus. That is how they decided it was 6 weeks old. Skip ahead to 2:10 if you must. The yellow line with the 'gate' in the middle is a doppler. Listen to it. That is a heart beat by ANY measure.

These are 100% accurate based my years of experience doing these at the bedside.

Please don't respond unless you have actually watched it. I realize these don't carry the academic heft an article that is pro abortion from The Guardian does but I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Yes I have SEEN what an embryo looks like at this age. I've held a 6 week embryo in my hand

Then you CLEARLY know there is no heart formed yet!!!!

And, since there are no heart VALVES, there cannot be any "heart beat", can there?

And, since there are no heart VALVES, there cannot be any "heart beat", can there?
Oh I guess I misunderstood. It isn’t the fact the organ produces blood flow via cardiac motion and contractility. It that is has valves that open and close well enough that you can hear with a stethoscope defines it. Ah ok. Sure Joe.

So is person with an LVAD alive? They don’t have normal heart ‘beats’

Did you watch the videos? Care to comment? Care to discuss your source for that piece of crap post?

Oh I guess I misunderstood. It isn’t the fact the organ produces blood flow via cardiac motion and contractility. It that is has valves that open and close well enough that you can hear with a stethoscope defines it.
That's what a "heart beat" IS.

It's an audible heart sound. Electrical pulses that form (essentially the precursor to the S-A node) are not a "heart beat".

Reactions: rrk77
Did you watch the videos?
No; what's in the videos that claims there's a "heart beat" when there is no blood flow, no heart valves, and no heart chambers formed yet?

Your "heart beat" is created by the sound of the valves closing between contractions. Did you not learn this in basic human biology "doctor"? I was in the same human bio class with UIHC med student when I was in grad school. Aced it.

Iowans are gonna be in the same boat here.

WSJ angle here is interesting; perhaps the editors there recognize this is going to push working women away from states where they cannot get routine healthcare - along with young families/millennials who do not want to be in this same position....

Here's the direction Iowa (and many other "Red states) are also heading:

The hospital’s board of directors and senior leadership called the decision an emotional and difficult one in the press release, and cited a loss of pediatricians, changing demographics and Idaho’s legal and political climate around health care as the reasons for the decision.
According to the press release, Bonner General Health delivered 265 babies in 2022 and admitted fewer than 10 pediatric patients, which is a decrease from prior years that reflects a nationwide decrease in births and an older population moving to Bonner County.
“Without pediatrician coverage to manage neonatal resuscitations and perinatal care, it is unsafe and unethical to offer routine labor and delivery services,” the press release said, citing months of negotiations that sought to avoid the outcome. “BGH has reached out to other active and retired providers in the community requesting assistance with pediatric call coverage with no long-term sustainable solutions.”
The release also said highly respected, talented physicians are leaving the state, and recruiting replacements will be “extraordinarily difficult.”
Idaho has one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the country, with affirmative defenses in court only for documented instances of rape, incest or to save the pregnant person’s life. Physicians are subject to felony charges and the revocation of their medical license for violating the statute, which the Idaho Supreme Court determined is constitutional in January.
“The Idaho Legislature continues to introduce and pass bills that criminalize physicians for medical care nationally recognized as the standard of care,” the hospital’s news release said. “Consequences for Idaho physicians providing the standard of care may include civil litigation and criminal prosecution, leading to jail time or fines.”
Dr. Amelia Huntsberger, an obstetrician-gynecologist at Bonner General Health, said in an email to States Newsroom that she will soon leave the hospital and the state because of the abortion laws as well as the Idaho Legislature’s decision not to continue the state’s maternal mortality review committee.

Here's the direction Iowa (and many other "Red states) are also heading:

The hospital’s board of directors and senior leadership called the decision an emotional and difficult one in the press release, and cited a loss of pediatricians, changing demographics and Idaho’s legal and political climate around health care as the reasons for the decision.
According to the press release, Bonner General Health delivered 265 babies in 2022 and admitted fewer than 10 pediatric patients, which is a decrease from prior years that reflects a nationwide decrease in births and an older population moving to Bonner County.
“Without pediatrician coverage to manage neonatal resuscitations and perinatal care, it is unsafe and unethical to offer routine labor and delivery services,” the press release said, citing months of negotiations that sought to avoid the outcome. “BGH has reached out to other active and retired providers in the community requesting assistance with pediatric call coverage with no long-term sustainable solutions.”
The release also said highly respected, talented physicians are leaving the state, and recruiting replacements will be “extraordinarily difficult.”
Idaho has one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the country, with affirmative defenses in court only for documented instances of rape, incest or to save the pregnant person’s life. Physicians are subject to felony charges and the revocation of their medical license for violating the statute, which the Idaho Supreme Court determined is constitutional in January.
“The Idaho Legislature continues to introduce and pass bills that criminalize physicians for medical care nationally recognized as the standard of care,” the hospital’s news release said. “Consequences for Idaho physicians providing the standard of care may include civil litigation and criminal prosecution, leading to jail time or fines.”
Dr. Amelia Huntsberger, an obstetrician-gynecologist at Bonner General Health, said in an email to States Newsroom that she will soon leave the hospital and the state because of the abortion laws as well as the Idaho Legislature’s decision not to continue the state’s maternal mortality review committee.
Iowa > Idaho

I was born and raised in Iowa, and lived there 40+ years. We left that burgeoning Republican hellscape 4.5 years ago and haven’t looked back. I really miss what Iowa used to be, and absolutely hate what Iowa has become.
Where did you relocate to?

Iowans are gonna be in the same boat here.

WSJ angle here is interesting; perhaps the editors there recognize this is going to push working women away from states where they cannot get routine healthcare - along with young families/millennials who do not want to be in this same position....
Psh boo hoo. It’s just gods will. God does what god wants.

When I saw the title of this thread I assumed it was going to be about Iowa State hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT