ADVERTISEMENT

State continues to get sh**tier

Gus, you can admit that the plan makes reproductive healthcare more complex, right?

Google is proud to call Iowa one of our data center homes. In 2007, we announced plans to construct a data center complex in , Iowa. Then in 2012 and 2015, we announced expansions of our local data center facilities. Over time, we've invested $5 billion and have established a long-term commitment to the region and state.

Here’s an overview of the hyperscale development in Iowa.

Microsoft has built a major cloud cluster in West Des Moines, Iowa, where it is developing three large data center campuses. The company has bought land for two additional campuses, which could bring another $2 billion in investment atop the estimated $3 billion to $5 billion that Microsoft has spent on its Iowa infrastructure.

• The Meta campus in Altoona is now the largest Facebook campus in the world, and has undergone seven expansion phases. In December, Meta announced new capacity that will boost Altoona to more than 5 million square feet of data center space, pushing it past the company’s Prineville, Oregon campus (4.6 million square feet).

• Apple plans to purchase 2,000 acres of land in Waukee for a cloud campus to support its iTunes and iCloud services. The first phase of the project will include two data center facilities that are expected to run entirely on renewable energy. The project has been postponed several times since its announcement in 2017, and Apple ‘s most recent timeline doesn’t anticipate delivery until 2027.
How many people work at a server farm?

Nor a "medical expert". You're pretty much ignorant on most of the core issues here, in fact.
I'm not posting my credentials on here but rest assured they would qualify.

Does @HawkMD dispute the facts I am stating? I doubt it.

One can dispute the exact legal meaning of what the House file states but the medical facts I have described are on point I assure you. How those are interpreted are for lawyers to decide. And I am sure they will opine if this becomes law. I am simply telling you what, from a medical perspective, the proposal seems to allow and not allow.

You are neither a legal nor a medical expert.

Looks like 130

K

I have no idea what a technician is paid, probably a two year degree
Rest assured major players like Google, Meta, Apple and Microsoft have no problem investing billions of dollars in iowa. I'm not sure what the name of the rinky dink company was that decided to build in San Fran but it wasn't one of the big boys.

More than were working there before it was built.

Good high paying jobs.

In addition hundreds if not thousands of contruction workers involved in the building of these projects.

Tax revenue, etc.

It sure can be. Medmal attorneys/ other attorneys can chime in. I am not an attorney nor a legal expert. I have done plenty of expect opinions on medmal cases though and this is my understanding. @St. Louis Hawk @Jimmy McGill @GOHOX69?

I don't know. In Missouri, professional negligence is the failure to use the degree of skill/learning ordinarily used by other pros in the same/similar circumstances.

I don't know if in either MO or IA there is a local component that would hold a teaching hospital / academic/ U of I doctor to a higher standard than a doctor in Carroll for example.

Unbiased reporting from Bleedingheartland LOL LOL LOL.

Rest assured major players like Google, Meta, Apple and Microsoft have no problem investing billions of dollars in iowa. I'm not sure what the name of the rinky dink company was that decided to build in San Fran but it wasn't one of the big boys.
If any of those companies moved their operations or engineering to Iowa I would agree with you. Data centers are mostly self running. The people who designed them do not live in Iowa.

This is absolutely the truth. In 2011 I worked for a company in the Iowa City area which was migrating its ERP system to Microsoft Dynamics AX. Being a relatively new software the talent pool of programmers was rather limited and we couldn’t get a single one of them to move to Iowa in spite of extremely generous offers. A couple years later we ran into a similar problem with genomics researchers refusing to move to Iowa, and as a result decided to build our new R & D facility in the Bay Area rather than the IC area (at a much, much higher cost). This was all before Branstad and Reynolds wreaked havoc on water quality, public education, workers’ bargaining rights, women’s reproductive issues, etc.

You are absolutely in denial if you think the political climate of a state doesn’t have any bearing on the career decisions of young professionals. It’s great for the majority of voting Iowans that fewer and fewer “liberal f@gs” are choosing the state as their home, but like it or not a lot of those educated people are big earners and drivers of our future economy. The redneckization of Iowa means less opportunities for your children, and is essentially cutting off your nose to spite your face.
All 2 people moved?

what the House file states but the medical facts I have described are on point I assure you. How those are interpreted are for lawyers to decide.

No; they are for doctors and their patients to decide.

You've admitted this is shitty, vague legislation, which is the intent - BAN these drugs from regular use.

Reactions: JWolf74
So Joe is right. The plan is vague, correct?
I dont think so. Seems clear to me what is allowed and what isnt. But I am also smart enough to know that as with anything the legislature creates, the reality is ultimately determined by legal counsel and precedent.

I know what I'll be doing. Ill wait for the law to come down and resolve it, for it will be.

I dont think so. Seems clear to me what is allowed and what isnt. But I am also smart enough to know that as with anything the legislature creates, the reality is ultimately determined by legal counsel and precedent.

I know what I'll be doing. Ill wait for the law to come down and resolve it, for it will be.
You just said the law requires interpretation. That's not specific. That's vague. As far as I can tell no specific drugs are listed or specific classes of drugs. Determining this is open for whomever as far as I can see

No; they are for doctors and their patients to decide.

You've admitted this is shitty, vague legislation, which is the intent - BAN these drugs from regular use.
@JWolf74. I'm surprised you havent responded. Like actually responded.

I dont think it is as vague as you claim no. I dont think it bans it's regular use, just its use as an abortifacient. I know what I will be doing personally yes. I also know that laws always get worked out because someone will sue and the court will decide.

As far as I can tell no specific drugs are listed or specific classes of drugs.
It specifically says mifepristone. Thats pretty specific.

"1.Not withstanding any other provision of law to the contrary ,it is unlawful for any person to manufacture, distribute, prescribe, dispense ,sell, or transfer mifepristone, mifegyne, or
mifeprex, or any substantially similar generic or non-generic abortifacient drug in the state".

It specifically says mifepristone. Thats pretty specific.

"1.Not withstanding any other provision of law to the contrary ,it is unlawful for any person to manufacture, distribute, prescribe, dispense ,sell, or transfer mifepristone, mifegyne, or
mifeprex, or any substantially similar generic or non-generic abortifacient drug in the state".
Fair enough. Why is this drug being banned? It is FDA approved and heavily regulated on who can prescribe it.

Why does anyone interact with Gus and Pete? Just from the replies I can tell they are clinical.

Fair enough. Why is this drug being banned? It is FDA approved and heavily regulated on who can prescribe it.
Well because the state legislature feels that it wants to regulate abortion in the state. By all its means. That seems fairly obvious.

Another move it you don't like it person. Lame. (Hey, I never said you couldn't move or that you had to move now did I? I simply said Iowa > your version of Iowa..........#deal with it :cool:.............but also if you don't like getting fisted, then maybe do something about it........because clearly............and I do mean clearly...........complaining about getting fisted is not helping. Just sayin)

Btw, and maybe you can answer because nobody else on the right wants to, but why isn't abortion chargeable murder?
Are you asking me "why"?..........;)

I don't know. In Missouri, professional negligence is the failure to use the degree of skill/learning ordinarily used by other pros in the same/similar circumstances.

I don't know if in either MO or IA there is a local component that would hold a teaching hospital / academic/ U of I doctor to a higher standard than a doctor in Carroll for example.
There is in my experience and the information I have been given from counsel regarding cases I have done. It would also almost certainly be my opinion depending on the circumstances in a case. Yes, the standard of care depends on where the care is provided, which services are available at the time the care is requested. Rural vs metro being the main issue.

Nice hyperbole. But I'm not surprised. This law proposed applies to the use of misepristone as an abortifacient. The use of it to complete a missed miscarriage doesn't appear to be restricted.
And I have asked you this before, provide an example of it being misused in Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT