ADVERTISEMENT

Stay off the 8/9 Line

Chishawk1425

HR King
Nov 27, 2019
Play like tonight, boat raced in Champagne on Sunday and the odds are high we lose our 1st game in BTT based on Fran's track record. Are we a shitty 8/9 seed or a 7 worst case? Tonight was so pathetic, disheartening.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Play like tonight, boat raced in Champagne on Sunday and the odds are high we lose our 1st game in BTT based on Fran's track record. Are we a shitty 8/9 seed or a 7 worst case? Tonight was so pathetic, disheartening.
Ya, Not looking good if we play like tonight.

8/9....BOOOOOO

Was really hoping for a 6 or higher! Just hope they can put together a run starting at Illinois.

The dang NCAA seeding is huge for advancing past the 1st weekend

Barring a miracle it’s over. Very entertaining season, just could not finish the final sprint home.

giphy.gif

7/10 line isn't much better.

Need 6+ or Top 5 seed to have a decent shot at a Sweet 16 or better run. Iowa's chances of that took a big hit tonight.

Awesome.

With at IL to go, if we had the same seed we'd play Indiana (assuming they thrump Nebraska). Get that one and then go from there.

I think 1 more win we are a 6 or 7, am I confident that happens? No.
A loss at Illinois and a close lose to (right now you'd assume Indiana) can go either way. Toss up. Beyond that would be Wisky. Beatable if you hate them like I do. I still think 6 is the smart $ but 8 is in play if we don't get one or 2 late here.

Guy, you are way too high and low. Every time we lose, you reach for the lowest scenario possible. It's just one game, we are still likely a 6 right now. Other teams around us are losing as well.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
Guy, you are way too high and low. Every time we lose, you reach for the lowest scenario possible. It's just one game, we are still likely a 6 right now. Other teams around us are losing as well.
Cool. Let's hope. Last night goes well past it's just 1 game. With what was on the line and get outworked and can't rebound. It was pathetic.

It's ridiculous how many second and third chances Purdue got. They shot nearly as poorly as we did, but killed us on the glass. If we prevented even 5 of those offensive rebounds it might have been a different game.

There is no Fran Fade here, massive over achievement this season. Pathetic failure tonight. I'm just concerned we stuck on 8/9 line.

When you got a clueless turd as a coach that is what happens, not sure this team wins another game this year....

5/6/7/8/9 seed...who cares?

Internet fans...that's who. I guarantee the players don't care if they play a 1, 2, or 3 seed.

The highs and lows on this board are almost funny. Hawks have been great this year at following bad games, which last night was, with really good games. The B1G has a dozen quality teams, and counting on wins or losses is the definition of a "fair weather fan."

As long as the guys stay healthy, we still can make a run in the BTT and/or the dance. In case you haven't noticed, the entire league (and pretty much the entire country) has had disappointing losses. I don't see any teams that the Hawks aren't capable of beating. We need the guys to come out with confidence and play hard on both ends. I haven't given up, like many here seem to have temporarily done.

Purdue isn’t an awful team, but it’s a team we should handle on paper, particularly at CHA. They clearly have a psychological advantage over us and owned us on the boards last night. We simply can’t keep giving teams second, third, and fourth chances. The Boilers didn’t shoot great but helped themselves by doing an excellent job of maintaining possession. Iowa didn’t play with the same intensity level until it was too late.

There's not a team Iowa can't beat on a neutral court besides maybe Kansas, the seeding does not really matter. Any 1 through 4 seed this year Iowa has a good shot at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT