ADVERTISEMENT

Stay out of public places

yes, i am afraid this is not going away until there is herd immunity (a large percentage of the population is immune) due to a large percentage of the population surviving the illness or the development of a vaccine. Both are probably a ways off. until then, every time a case shows up it spreads like wildfire and has the potential to overwhelm our medical system. personally, i cant stand to be penned up. looking forward to warm weather when i can go on some long solo bike rides- which i think should be safe.

Reactions: BBHawk
People like you inflate the flu numbers. The deaths come from your group. Good job!

Hmmm.... does the CDC inflate flu numbers? From their website.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through March 14, 2020, there have been:
38,000,000 – 54,000,000
flu illnesses

17,000,000 – 25,000,000
flu medical visits

390,000 – 710,000
flu hospitalizations

23,000 – 59,000
flu deaths

Might be why everyone is short on bed space?

Don’t know if posted before:

The same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT