ADVERTISEMENT

Stay Positive

Bearhawk0505

HB All-American
Mar 13, 2010
Obviously this group of kids and coaches have plenty to work on to get better. However, the season is still young and big trophy games are still ahead. Every opponent is beatable, and capable of beating us if we do not play well. Sit back and appreciate watching some of the all time great Hawks(CJB, King, & JJ). This season might turn out well still. We also have a very solid young core to build on. Only 1 Sr OL, solid RB stable, and All American caliber LB returning next year. Also, a few indtant impact freshman coming in. Have at it negative nellies.

Obviously this group of kids and coaches have plenty to work on to get better. However, the season is still young and big trophy games are still ahead. Every opponent is beatable, and capable of beating us if we do not play well. Sit back and appreciate watching some of the all time great Hawks(CJB, King, & JJ). This season might turn out well still. We also have a very solid young core to build on. Only 1 Sr OL, solid RB stable, and All American caliber LB returning next year. Also, a few indtant impact freshman coming in. Have at it negative nellies.

Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Hopefully there's enough pride in that room, players and coaches, to get this figured out
There wasn't enough pride in that room after the NDSU game. I don't think losing to Northwestern improved the situation.
I was one of the people who hoped we were holding back in the first few games (although the logical part of me said it was rediculous). That hope is gone. We aren't very good. We don't do anything well, with the possible exception of punting. And that's just actual punting. Our punt coverage is just as bad as everything else.

I guess we all see it differently. To me it seems if people dare criticize KF the attack dogs come out.

you are both right. If you put a strong opinion out there, people will attack because it makes them feel better about how smart they perceive themselves to be. Add anonymity to that and they will let you have it.

the difference for me is its more fun to be positive.

The problem is negative Nancy's only come out at times like this. Some posters where gone for about 12 last year and here they are....I'd be a "positive Paula" type but right now I am very dissapointed right now.
My other problem is how fans only focus on our offensive problems, to me if score 30+ points you should win....where the hell is our defense???? Only difference from last year is no coach Reid.....was he that instamental? I did love that old dude in interviews

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
I don't mind the team losing if they play well and the other team just outplays them. MSU lose last year is a good example. Played tough just ran out of gas.

Yesterday we looked like a HS team against the Steelers. Weak and inept.

To top it off it's a trend not a single event.

The problem is negative Nancy's only come out at times like this. Some posters where gone for about 12 last year and here they are....I'd be a "positive Paula" type but right now I am very dissapointed right now.
My other problem is how fans only focus on our offensive problems, to me if score 30+ points you should win....where the hell is our defense???? Only difference from last year is no coach Reid.....was he that instamental? I did love that old dude in interviews

Don't lose the faith fellow Hawkeye brother...Kirk will get this figured out. He's not going to let us down.

I want to stay positive, and I'll always support the Hawks, win or lose, but I think it's become clear after nearly 1/2 of the season that this is a weak team. Trying to be as objective as possible, I don't see any reason to believe that this group will even sniff a West title. I see WI and NE finishing ahead of us and MN and NW with a great chance of finishing ahead of us, too.

I think we'll pull a home upset, and I think we'll win a couple of road games against bad teams, but that still adds up to a poor season, as I think we'll lose to most teams with a pulse.

We're stagnant on offense and porous on defense. Not likely to change, given current personnel and schemes, and that bodes poorly for the rest of the conference schedule.

I'll hope we crack .500 for the year and get to a bowl game, however trivial and lower-tier. Frankly, I see no basis to hope for much more, barring some kind of near-miraculous transformation.

Reactions: unclesammy
Sorry I have tried staying positive, but in their two losses and actually their only Big Ten win this team has not played good. CJB looks like he is struggling or tentative with the ball in his hands. Our Line play on both sides is awful. The skill players are not up to par and overall our coaching staff is just lost. While I want to see Iowa go 10-2, reality showed up yesterday that we are not a good football team.

We beat a 14-7 last week. That same team got beat 58-0 by OSU. Does't look very promising.

I am well aware of this. Fortunately, many of the negative nellies are also the most ignorant fans.
You need to include some of the Positive Pete's to that list of ignorant fans. I have no time for constant complainers or the constant pumpers.

There wasn't enough pride in that room after the NDSU game. I don't think losing to Northwestern improved the situation.
I was one of the people who hoped we were holding back in the first few games (although the logical part of me said it was rediculous). That hope is gone. We aren't very good. We don't do anything well, with the possible exception of punting. And that's just actual punting. Our punt coverage is just as bad as everything else.
I think both of our kickers have done a nice job so far. That was one of the unknowns going into this season.

You need to include some of the Positive Pete's to that list of ignorant fans. I have no time for constant complainers or the constant pumpers.
There's exactly one constant pumper (gilligan or whatever his current handle is). Far far far more morons asking stupid questions and offering insane criticisms.

Fools rush in sums up the quote he copied above. That post was not negative towards the program or kids in any way.

There's exactly one constant pumper (gilligan or whatever his current handle is). Far far far more morons asking stupid questions and offering insane criticisms.
So the idiot that started a Wadley thread calming he's the " BEST RB IN B1G " isn't a pumper ? BTW is you don't know that Gilligan is Kilroy then you should keep quit about who the pumpers are.

Whoa, look out! The positive police are out in full force. If you're going to mention anything about Iowa or the Cap'n, it better be praise and worship. Don't question anything. Don't criticize anything. Don't mention equations that end in less than zero. Don't talk about electrons. Doing so will cause a teraton of negative complaints about the negative complaints. Because that's the way to cancel out negativity.

I don't mind questioning Ferentz if the questioning is valid. He indeed does things that drive me crazy. But if you know anything about people in general, it's that most people who are smart and successful at what they do have a certain system or belief that has worked and worked fantastic that they usually never stray from. Ferentz is no exception to that. I may not agree with what he does (that he is one stubborn coach), but I understand a little bit as to the probability of why he is that way.

You, and I, and everybody on this board behaves the exact same way. You have a system of beliefs in How Things Need To Be Done, and you are resistant to change them.

It's the ignoramuses that accuse him of being an arrogant fat cat sitting on a pile of cash laughing at all of us while claiming he's an imbecile at coaching football that I rail against.

To them, it's personal, like he's deliberately trying to piss them off. It causes hatred in them. Physically painful to support the guy any more.

Which of course it utterly ridiculous. Guys like that need to step away from the proverbial ledge. This ain't life or death after all.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT