ADVERTISEMENT

Steps Needed in the US to Curtail Covid-19: please read

Nope, you will get covid..or you have already had it.
I think you are right. Unless you plan on being a hermit for another year. It is unfortunate, but I don't see how it would be possible for a large diverse country like the US to contain it at this point.

How about we just stop this BS. Protect the vulnerable, and then let the young and healthy go about their regular lives. This flattening the curve is not working. It is just dragging things out. We would be better off letting it work its way through the population. Heath care workers and those that come into contact with the elderly should take special precautions. Even the elderly should have a choice. I know of one very old person who told me they would rather be dead than to spend the rest of their lives locked up in a room.

As everyone else, I’ve become so frustrated during this pandemic on so many levels. Although personally I’m not the least bit scared of contracting Covid-19, it’s apparent that the damages due to the shut down is astronomical in addition to its significant medical damages due to its 10 million cases worldwide. Whether we agree with the shut down or not, there is a real spike in cases and a spike in daily deaths remains to be seen in the next 1-2 weeks and more importantly our government has obviously decided that shutting down is the answer at least for now. It’s time that we as a country start to make REAL changes and accommodations to beat it rather than continuing what feels like just a slow inevitable death ( to our economy at the least). I listened to an interview with Dr. Fauci and for 25 minutes, the man offered zero useful information. How many times do we need to be told to “stay six feet a part, wash your hands,” blah blah blah. It’s obvious by now that these rudimentary strategies are not nearly enough. We are smarter and more capable than this; there has to be more substantial measures made, exp if this might be “ the new norm. “ Below is my list of things that I feel need/should be done that as far as I know, the so called experts and politicians have not even mentioned. It is by no means comprehensive. If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to post them. Please be constructive, leave the political debates out. I’m posting this here because I don’t really know how else to get the word out. For what I do for a living ( family practice and urgent care of over 25 years) I really cannot do social media. I’m no expert in infectious disease but yet I know I’ve come up with many more ideas than the people with authority including Dr. Fauci ever will evidently.

1. Need to start talking about installation of negative pressure fans in as many buildings as possible: restaurants, warehouses, stores, classrooms, etc. For those not familiar, I’m simply referring to “whole house fans”. These are fans installed into ceiling that pull indoor air out and blown over the roof or somewhere high and into the open sky. A store like Walmart and restaurants can have these installed in half a day. If a more sophisticated system is desired, these can be installed with filters and UV light as well. It has already been shown that the AC is a large culprit in spreading the virus as all it does is keep recirculating contaminated air over and over again. In fact if you sit in the pathway of the AC air, you are much more likely to catch Covid-19 in public places. This air needs to constantly be removed or at least have the AC system be hooked up to some kind of UV light treatment before it goes back out for recirculation. BTW, fans are cheap! Especially compared to closing down the world for almost 4 months now. If you are admitted into a hospital today for a nasty respiratory/ airborne infection such as TB or Covid-19, you are placed into an infectious disease unit that should have this negative pressure I’m referring to. Supply would be the obvious hurdle, but let’s get started!
  2. Covid-19 task force. I had wanted to suggest that our country needs one until I was extremely disappointed to find out earlier this week ( correct me if I’m wrong) that we already have one and Mike Pence is the leader. Obviously Pence knows nothing about microbiology and infectious diseases and apparently hasn’t done anything useful that I can see in terms of the pandemic( not a political stance). Does he at least get credit for the increased in testing capacity? Anyway, this task force needs to quickly scout the many kinds of establishments and then send out millions of letters , each a little different depending on the addressee’s nature of business. Provide detailed, concrete instructions on how to prevent the virus from spreading in that particular setting. One patient I spoke to that works in a warehouse, for example, said that his manager called a meeting to simply say something in the line of: “Folks, I don’t know what we’re suppose to do to prevent this virus from spreading. I’m just a warehouse manager. If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up. “ Obviously the measures needed at a warehouse is different from a restaurant, a classroom, a gas station, etc. Here’s a short list of simple things that can be done at different setting that really should be common sense but apparently isn’t.
  3. Stop making people wait in single file lines! Especially indoors. This coronavirus can last in the air for up to 3 hours. If a person in front of the line coughs( and not wearing an unventilated N95 mask), there’s a 3-6 ft diameter sphere that every person behind in line will walk through. It doesn’t matter if people are standing 6ft or 60 ft apart, as long as they walk through that spot within the next 2-3 hours, he or she will have been exposed. Home Depot, Walmart, and previously Costco for example are guilty of this. Stores need to aim at allowing customers to go in and out of the store as quickly as possible by utilizing all check out aisles. If lines are unavoidable, then form multiple short lines instead of one long one.
  4. Gas stations need a box of gloves mounted vertically on every pump. Pull one or a pair out, use it while buying gas and throw it away after. Sad but true...I saw a lady put on gloves to pump gas then drove off still wearing them.
  5. Alternatively each pump needs a bottle of hand sanitizer
  6. Ask businesses to leave one front door open so there is no need to pull a door open to get in.
  7. Shopping carts handle need to be wiped down before returning them to the storage area for reuse.
  8. Stores clerks need to wipe down the credit card payment keypads and stylus after every use. By the way, Saran wrapping the keypad but never changing it out or wiping it down does nothing!
  9. Stop installing eye level plexiglass shields at registers. It’s not that they are bad, but just that they are completely useless.
  10. N95 masks. Where the hell are they? Who’s hoarding them? I’m a front line worker but yet my office hasn’t been able to find any since the end of March! At least I finally found some China made KN95’s earlier this week online. As of March, the US companies were able to ramp up production to over 300 million N95 masks per month. Another three months have passed yet I estimate 70% of the population don’t have a single N95 mask, including millions of health care workers. I had envisioned that by April there would be government trucks driving by, dropping off free boxes of masks to the public. In stead, we are still left with watching YouTube on how to make homemade cotton masks that keep falling off our faces as it becomes completely counter productive as we keep adjusting it and touching our faces. While Cotton masks and surgical masks offer a moderate level of protection against the virus, I should mention here that they are ineffective at containing the virus if you are sick. In other words, studies have shown that they help keep the virus from coming in( as long as you are not touching it repeatedly), but not from coming out.
  11. More needs to be told by the media on what can be done to boost your immune system. Specifically: more Vitamin D3. 2000-5000 units a day( I wouldn’t recommend more to the public), more Zinc, more vitamin C and Omega 3’s( not really proven but couldn’t hurt)
  12. Protests. Can we move on yet? Point has been made. World leader Pelosi and multiple Democrat members of the Congress have already gotten on their knees( literally) for The BLM movement. Again, not trying to make a political statement here, just a suggestion in regards to the pandemic.
  13. What else? Just these alone with the words from doctors and other “experts” and implementation by politicians would go a long long ways, esp in regards to the negative pressure fans discussed above which I understand would by far be the largest effort as well. Cost should not be a factor when comparing to the price of a global shut down. At this point, it’s easy to say we need to keep delaying the reopening of businesses, no sports, etc for the sake of medical safety but at the same time I really don’t feel that it’s a viable option. The key then becomes reopening with the least risks possible.
  14. Please help me spread these ideas.
TL;DR

As everyone else, I’ve become so frustrated during this pandemic on so many levels. Although personally I’m not the least bit scared of contracting Covid-19, it’s apparent that the damages due to the shut down is astronomical in addition to its significant medical damages due to its 10 million cases worldwide. Whether we agree with the shut down or not, there is a real spike in cases and a spike in daily deaths remains to be seen in the next 1-2 weeks and more importantly our government has obviously decided that shutting down is the answer at least for now. It’s time that we as a country start to make REAL changes and accommodations to beat it rather than continuing what feels like just a slow inevitable death ( to our economy at the least). I listened to an interview with Dr. Fauci and for 25 minutes, the man offered zero useful information. How many times do we need to be told to “stay six feet a part, wash your hands,” blah blah blah. It’s obvious by now that these rudimentary strategies are not nearly enough. We are smarter and more capable than this; there has to be more substantial measures made, exp if this might be “ the new norm. “ Below is my list of things that I feel need/should be done that as far as I know, the so called experts and politicians have not even mentioned. It is by no means comprehensive. If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to post them. Please be constructive, leave the political debates out. I’m posting this here because I don’t really know how else to get the word out. For what I do for a living ( family practice and urgent care of over 25 years) I really cannot do social media. I’m no expert in infectious disease but yet I know I’ve come up with many more ideas than the people with authority including Dr. Fauci ever will evidently.

1. Need to start talking about installation of negative pressure fans in as many buildings as possible: restaurants, warehouses, stores, classrooms, etc. For those not familiar, I’m simply referring to “whole house fans”. These are fans installed into ceiling that pull indoor air out and blown over the roof or somewhere high and into the open sky. A store like Walmart and restaurants can have these installed in half a day. If a more sophisticated system is desired, these can be installed with filters and UV light as well. It has already been shown that the AC is a large culprit in spreading the virus as all it does is keep recirculating contaminated air over and over again. In fact if you sit in the pathway of the AC air, you are much more likely to catch Covid-19 in public places. This air needs to constantly be removed or at least have the AC system be hooked up to some kind of UV light treatment before it goes back out for recirculation. BTW, fans are cheap! Especially compared to closing down the world for almost 4 months now. If you are admitted into a hospital today for a nasty respiratory/ airborne infection such as TB or Covid-19, you are placed into an infectious disease unit that should have this negative pressure I’m referring to. Supply would be the obvious hurdle, but let’s get started!
  2. Covid-19 task force. I had wanted to suggest that our country needs one until I was extremely disappointed to find out earlier this week ( correct me if I’m wrong) that we already have one and Mike Pence is the leader. Obviously Pence knows nothing about microbiology and infectious diseases and apparently hasn’t done anything useful that I can see in terms of the pandemic( not a political stance). Does he at least get credit for the increased in testing capacity? Anyway, this task force needs to quickly scout the many kinds of establishments and then send out millions of letters , each a little different depending on the addressee’s nature of business. Provide detailed, concrete instructions on how to prevent the virus from spreading in that particular setting. One patient I spoke to that works in a warehouse, for example, said that his manager called a meeting to simply say something in the line of: “Folks, I don’t know what we’re suppose to do to prevent this virus from spreading. I’m just a warehouse manager. If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up. “ Obviously the measures needed at a warehouse is different from a restaurant, a classroom, a gas station, etc. Here’s a short list of simple things that can be done at different setting that really should be common sense but apparently isn’t.
  3. Stop making people wait in single file lines! Especially indoors. This coronavirus can last in the air for up to 3 hours. If a person in front of the line coughs( and not wearing an unventilated N95 mask), there’s a 3-6 ft diameter sphere that every person behind in line will walk through. It doesn’t matter if people are standing 6ft or 60 ft apart, as long as they walk through that spot within the next 2-3 hours, he or she will have been exposed. Home Depot, Walmart, and previously Costco for example are guilty of this. Stores need to aim at allowing customers to go in and out of the store as quickly as possible by utilizing all check out aisles. If lines are unavoidable, then form multiple short lines instead of one long one.
  4. Gas stations need a box of gloves mounted vertically on every pump. Pull one or a pair out, use it while buying gas and throw it away after. Sad but true...I saw a lady put on gloves to pump gas then drove off still wearing them.
  5. Alternatively each pump needs a bottle of hand sanitizer
  6. Ask businesses to leave one front door open so there is no need to pull a door open to get in.
  7. Shopping carts handle need to be wiped down before returning them to the storage area for reuse.
  8. Stores clerks need to wipe down the credit card payment keypads and stylus after every use. By the way, Saran wrapping the keypad but never changing it out or wiping it down does nothing!
  9. Stop installing eye level plexiglass shields at registers. It’s not that they are bad, but just that they are completely useless.
  10. N95 masks. Where the hell are they? Who’s hoarding them? I’m a front line worker but yet my office hasn’t been able to find any since the end of March! At least I finally found some China made KN95’s earlier this week online. As of March, the US companies were able to ramp up production to over 300 million N95 masks per month. Another three months have passed yet I estimate 70% of the population don’t have a single N95 mask, including millions of health care workers. I had envisioned that by April there would be government trucks driving by, dropping off free boxes of masks to the public. In stead, we are still left with watching YouTube on how to make homemade cotton masks that keep falling off our faces as it becomes completely counter productive as we keep adjusting it and touching our faces. While Cotton masks and surgical masks offer a moderate level of protection against the virus, I should mention here that they are ineffective at containing the virus if you are sick. In other words, studies have shown that they help keep the virus from coming in( as long as you are not touching it repeatedly), but not from coming out.
  11. More needs to be told by the media on what can be done to boost your immune system. Specifically: more Vitamin D3. 2000-5000 units a day( I wouldn’t recommend more to the public), more Zinc, more vitamin C and Omega 3’s( not really proven but couldn’t hurt)
  12. Protests. Can we move on yet? Point has been made. World leader Pelosi and multiple Democrat members of the Congress have already gotten on their knees( literally) for The BLM movement. Again, not trying to make a political statement here, just a suggestion in regards to the pandemic.
  13. What else? Just these alone with the words from doctors and other “experts” and implementation by politicians would go a long long ways, esp in regards to the negative pressure fans discussed above which I understand would by far be the largest effort as well. Cost should not be a factor when comparing to the price of a global shut down. At this point, it’s easy to say we need to keep delaying the reopening of businesses, no sports, etc for the sake of medical safety but at the same time I really don’t feel that it’s a viable option. The key then becomes reopening with the least risks possible.
  14. Please help me spread these ideas.
Meanwhile national death rates continue to decline.

Reactions: TS568
Another interesting death number:

About 1/3rd of the deaths occurred in NY
About another 1/3rd were a group of areas that put covid patients in nursing homes. Chicago area, NJ, eastern PA, parts of MI

The balance of the country is the other 1/3rd.

Testing is up....incidents are up (mainly younger people) ....deaths continue to decline. Protect those most vulnerable.

Reactions: hawkosx
So you know their age and health history ay?

NOPE. Just straight up odds. If you are under 40 in IOWA there have been 14 deaths out of 3.15 MILLION people. Do your own number crunching, it's all out there. You just don't bother with facts. over 40 in IOWA represents 98% of IOWA deaths, so do the math... .98 X 704, divided by 3,150,000 will get you the odds if you are over 40.

690 divided by 3,150,000 = 0.0219%, chance of getting and dying of COVID if you are over 40 in IOWA.

The stats of morbidity and non are there as well. They probably ALL had co-morbidity. Just look if up.

You won't, doesn't fit your narrative.

How about we just stop this BS. Protect the vulnerable, and then let the young and healthy go about their regular lives. This flattening the curve is not working. It is just dragging things out. We would be better off letting it work its way through the population. Heath care workers and those that come into contact with the elderly should take special precautions. Even the elderly should have a choice. I know of one very old person who told me they would rather be dead than to spend the rest of their lives locked up in a room.
Are other states that opened too soon not running short on icu beds again?

NOPE. Just straight up odds. If you are under 40 in IOWA there have been 14 deaths out of 3.15 MILLION people. Do your own number crunching, it's all out there. You just don't bother with facts. over 40 in IOWA represents 98% of IOWA deaths, so do the math... .98 X 704, divided by 3,150,000 will get you the odds if you are over 40.

690 divided by 3,150,000 = 0.0219%, chance of getting and dying of COVID if you are over 40 in IOWA.

The stats of morbidity and non are there as well. They probably ALL had co-morbidity. Just look if up.

You won't, doesn't fit your narrative.
What about over 70? And please provide credible link for it

Good question. I can speak factually to the Houston area which is been pointed out as being a huge influx of new cases. First of all only 27% of the existing ICU beds are for Covid related issues. Also of the approximate 1500 available I see you beds in the Houston area about 800 are in use. These around numbers and obviously changing daily up-and-down. There is a normal capacity in ICU beds and that is what is being miss reported at this point in time. In other words Houston always has excess ICU beds that they plan to release because of seasonal issues or spikesWhich has been under reported

If you apply statistics/math correctly it is number of under 40 years olds who have died divided by the number who have recovered. If they have covid but have not recovered death is still a statistical possibility. The total population has no relevant bearing on disease statistics. Setting up a stat problem correctly is different than running a calculator correctly.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY HAVE HAD COVID TO RECOVER FROM! Total number of covid cases in IOWA is UNKNOWN.

The number of asymptomatic people are UNKNOWN.

SO the only "STATS" we "KNOW" are the number of deaths "WITH COVID" because only Colorado has made an effort to separate "OF COVID" out of their stats and the population.

DUH! That's why this is so easy to manipulate with folks who haven't actually researched the numbers.

THEY ARE ALSO STATES THAT EXPERIENCED PROTESTS AND/OR RIOTS. NEARLY EVERY STATE HAS. THE LATEST SPIKE INDICATES THAT.

States that opened "too soon" would have seen spikes weeks ago.

Last edited:

You make too much sense. Dragging things out, creating high food prices, shortages and chaos is where we are headed.

You don't like the numbers as much at that age ay?

I don't like lazy people that accept what the media feeds them. DON'T BELIEVE ME? RESEARCH YOUSELF? HAVE YOUR OWN MIND.

60, 70, 80, 90 year olds die with covid and co-morbidity at a higher rate than 50 yr olds. Look it up.

MOST DEATHS OCCUR IN HIGH DENSITY POPULATIONS... NOT IOWA.

THEY ARE ALSO STATES THAT EXPERIENCED PROTESTS AND/OR RIOTS. NEARLY EVERY STATE HAS. THE LATEST SPIKE INDICATES THAT.

States that opened "too soon" would have seen spikes weeks ago. BTW, some protests are in their 4th week and have never stopped.

I don't like lazy people that accept what the media feeds them. DON'T BELIEVE ME? RESEARCH YOUSELF? HAVE YOUR OWN MIND.

60, 70, 80, 90 year olds die with covid and co-morbidity at a higher rate than 50 yr olds. Look it up.

MOST DEATHS OCCUR IN HIGH DENSITY POPULATIONS... NOT IOWA.
So in the end you agree you don't know the rate for them without knowing them.....

Took a while but glad you could get there

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MANY HAVE HAD COVID TO RECOVER FROM! Total number of covid cases in IOWA is UNKNOWN.

The number of asymptomatic people are UNKNOWN.

SO the only "STATS" we "KNOW" are the number of deaths "WITH COVID" because only Colorado has made an effort to separate "OF COVID" out of their stats and the population.

DUH! That's why this is so easy to manipulate with folks who haven't actually researched the numbers.

So you believe the total number of people with Covid and the total number of people without Covid are unknown while claiming to be able to solve to a definitive percentage for getting and dying of Covid for any particular age group.

This isn't about research or validity of datasets you are just flat out spewing drivel about how statistics formulae work.

The odds you claim to be able to calculate are uncalculateable. Stop just putting numbers in a calculator you think need to be there and holding it up saying 'duh it's so easy'.

So you believe the total number of people with Covid and the total number of people without Covid are unknown while claiming to be able to solve to a definitive percentage for getting and dying of Covid for any particular age group.

This isn't about research or validity of datasets you are just flat out spewing drivel about how statistics formulae work.

The odds you claim to be able to calculate are uncalculateable. Stop just putting numbers in a calculator you think need to be there and holding it up saying 'duh it's so easy'.

JUST PLAIN MATH. I know it's hard to understand if it doesn't fit your narrative.

Unless you test every single IOWAN, every single day. With a testing method that is 100% accurate. YOU CANNOT know how many have had COVID. Just a fact.

I know how many IOWANS we have (3.15 million) and I know how many deaths with COVID Iowa has had.

Maybe a smart guy like you can tell me how many of our 3.15 million people have had covid?

I await your learned response.

Bottom line is if people would actually had tried to follow doctors and science recommendations instead of some political think tanks...we'd be in a better position in most states than what is going on now moving into the fall. 20 year olds...take heed...you don't stay that way...you'll be middle age and old before you know it...and just as vulnerable by a virus in the future that runs amok and spread by those that think they are invisible and even more dumbed-down

The political think tanks are interested in Wall Street...not people on the street and those that get sick or die. They worry about the economy in terms of their investments...not jobs or working wages or health care. That's just the way it is now.. until people wise up about seeing everything as red vs blue (and dumbed-down)....that's gets people no where...especially during crisis times.

Reactions: drew_hawk
The stats don't lie. The stats are not democrat or republican, liberal or conservative. The stats are the stats.

110k dead from covid 19 since Feb. 1.
120k dead from pneumonia since Feb. 1.

Pneumonia is more deadly than covid 19.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

60k of the 110k dead from covid 19 are over the age of 85. When you're that age, your immune system is so weakened that a lot of things can get you. The flu, a cold, a broken hip.

This really shouldn't be a controversial issue. Just look at the damn stats. You should be more worried about pneumonia than covid 19. it's a big fan nothing burger for 99% of the population.

Reactions: hawkosx
So in the end you proved you are lazy.
I said you have no idea of someone's risk without knowing the person. You just admitted that below so what's your point fool? Nothing needs researched to know your statement was idiotic.

I don't like the numbers over 80 either. Over 90 are even worse. I like the numbers under 18 the most. 18-40 are sweet too.

As everyone else, I’ve become so frustrated during this pandemic on so many levels. Although personally I’m not the least bit scared of contracting Covid-19,
Don't Care. Didn't read. Who do you think is going to start at MLB?
What do you think about the painted water tower?

The main purpose of my OP was not to debate whether Covid-19 is a serious threat or not medically speaking. I’ve been on record of saying that the global shut down is an over reaction overall. I’ve cited on two other threads that for example, 800,000 children less than 5 years old died in 2017 from pneumonia yet nobody even heard a word of it. Regardless, the problem is that our government and essentially the rest of the world have decided that it is in fact a very big deal and closing down would be the approach. So in light of that, how do we move forward the best we can? As stated at the end of my OP, my strong opinion is that we reopen everything but find ways to minimize risk. Having said all that, the overwhelming response on this board has been In line of, “oh well, I don’t care” and so what you outlined briefly in your post is essentially the next best thing we can do. Unfortunately with the huge spike in cases it means we might not have sports for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
IDPH health COVID data 7/2/2020:

0-17 0 DEATHS
18-40 2 deaths without preexisting condition 0.01% of positive cases
41-60 8 deaths without preexisting conditions 0.08% of positive cases

10 deaths in these groups in Iowa since March with no preexisting condition. Probably more healthy people died due to murder or traffic accidents than this over the same time.

JUST PLAIN MATH. I know it's hard to understand if it doesn't fit your narrative.

Unless you test every single IOWAN, every single day. With a testing method that is 100% accurate. YOU CANNOT know how many have had COVID. Just a fact.

I know how many IOWANS we have (3.15 million) and I know how many deaths with COVID Iowa has had.

Maybe a smart guy like you can tell me how many of our 3.15 million people have had covid?

I await your learned response.

No it is not just plain math. Go PASS a statistics course before posting again.

Reactions: JStandefer
Just some food for thought, it took me one week since Illinois reopened its restaurants and bars for me to end up in the ER. We’re going to go through phases of being open and closed until that magical vaccine or treatment comes. Pending test results, this could mean two driving trips canceled in the coming weeks, probably taking around $5k out of the economy. That’s chump change in the grand scheme of things, but I won’t be the only one canceling. It also means I have friends that have to self quarantine pending my results. It’s probably time to accept we need some changes to how we’re operating, I distanced and sat alone one time. I followed all guidelines, and I spent my afternoon in the ER along with a bunch of people saying the same thing

No it is not just plain math. Go PASS a statistics course before posting again.
still waitiing for how many of our 3.15 million have had covid. don't need a stats class to tell me the stats provided by stat experts have provided. THEY ARE JUST MISSING ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES. BTW.... daily deaths continue to fall. that stat and many more are available online. educate yourself. worldometers.info

still waitiing for how many of our 3.15 million have had covid. don't need a stats class to tell me the stats provided by stat experts have provided. THEY ARE JUST MISSING ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES. BTW.... daily deaths continue to fall. that stat and many more are available online. educate yourself. worldometers.info

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

You still might need a stat class to understand why total population has no business being used to calculate anything but a historical infection rate at a given point in time. It in no way allows any inference on how contagious or fatal any disease is.

As all of the experts agree one doesn't die the day their test comes back positive it comes after a long and painful battle. Death counts will rise in the coming month purely due to the sheer number of new positive tests.

Death counts falling per capita is a direct credit to our front line health care workers becoming better on the fly figuring out theraputic methods to spare death.

You really do need to educate yourself because none of the conclusions you have 'shown your work on' make any intelligent sense let alone support the arguments you use them to argue. What people spent years going to school to become experts in is not something you open a calculator app and suddenly become their equal in. This is the main point continually going over your head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT