ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Doocy and Fox tell Trump, "Thanks, but, no thanks", to the offer of weekly chats.

They know letting him talk to the broader public and not the wack-jobs at his rallies hurts his re-election chances.
iu

They know letting him talk to the broader public and not the wack-jobs at his rallies hurts his re-election chances.
The past interviews with Ingraham and others haven't exactly been good. He's better with Hannity on the phone where they can go go to commercial break when things south.

They’ll do it. They can’t resist.
He sucked up a lot of free time in 2016. Prime advertising hours. I think they'd be fine if he called Judge Jeanine, but not the prime morning slot, or the big dollar slots at night. And, he just goes on and on and on. If it was 15 minutes they could live with it, but not an hour.

Suppose this is a reflection of Trump campaign money woes?
It absolutely is about $$$ issues. As previously stated... Trump benefitted greatly from free air time in 2016... primarily from Hannity. It's why Hannity is now so influential with the Donald.

I was watching a documentary about Trump that had interviews from the 80s and 90s. He was very thoughtful, concise, and ‘with it’. The current version of Trump is actually tough to watch, unbelievable how far downhill he’s gone. I don’t blame Fox.

Reactions: lucas80
You could tell earlier in his time that there were times that the hosts were exasperated because he'd just keep talking and talking. Having him for ten to fifteen minutes might be good for them, but 45 minutes straight of Trump isn't very useful every week.

Reactions: lucas80
Fox made a wise decision to not carry something like this. But, coming some to an OAN broadcast near you: Trump Chat.

Fox made a wise decision to not carry something like this. But, coming some to an OAN broadcast near you: Trump Chat.
OAN has nowhere near the reach of Fox. I was shocked to see it on the channel menu when I checked into a hotel a month ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT