ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Schmidt Megan McCain Twitter Feud

gohawks50

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
This weekend Schmidt and Megan McCain had quite the Twitter war. I used spooler to make the threads more readable. If you prefer to read them on Twitter go to https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES Here are the easier to read versions:

A thread by Steve Schmidt

Sarah Palin once said the following to me. “Steve, I can take the Vice Presidential Campaign plane wherever I want. it’s my plane!”

I responded, “Governor, there is some truth to that. First, though, there is no such thing as a Vice Presidential Campaign. There is a Presidentia

Campaign and you are the Vice Presidential candidate. It is true that you can take that plane wherever you want but you should have a plan after that because it’s my gas card” Nicolle Wallace and I were the two people who said NO. Whether it was @MeghanMcCain’s insanity or Palin’s. When the campaign ended I refused to let Sarah Palin speak. I placed the phone call to Barack Obama for the concession and did everything I could to make sure a beautiful speech wasn’t disgraced by the nut ball from Alaska. Palin understood the party of personal responsibility was dead and replaced by a whining victim cult of losers who routinely lied and blamed others for their failings. Palin went on the attack after the campaign. You see, it wasn’t that she was ignorant and unprepared. It wasn’t that she was a pathological liar who became intoxicated by fame and grievance. She was a victim! Victimized by the betrayal of her advisers. The stories rained down, each more stupid than the next. @EWErickson created a leper list to defend Sarah Palin’s honor and guess who was at the top. Palin and her disgusting team of abusive internet bullies came hard. One of them @RAMansour now heads up the toxic Breitbart sewer. I called John McCain in early December of 2008 and I asked him to intervene. Here is what he said

“No boy, I can’t do it. She’ll come after me”. @MeghanMcCain, your dad was scared shitless of the woman, he, not me, recklessly picked. He was scared shitless of the woman that was vetted by Paul Manaforts partner and a top adviser to Oleg Deripaska and Victor Yanukovych. John McCain’s last words to Palin on election night were a warning. He said don’t be pulled in “by the extremists like Limbaugh” It was too late and he knew it. He could have confronted it. He did not. @MeghanMcCain

He put on his US Navy hat and went to the border and demagogued an issue he had led on. “Build the Darn Wall” was the tagline and it was gross. He said it and rode the tea party wave. I didn’t. I said she was unfit. I said she would be a catastrophe. I warned about this rising insanity nonstop through today without a single contradiction ever. I spoke with my own voice and asserted my own convictions and your father was pissed. He was pissed when I went on 60 minutes and told the truth. I did the right thing @MeghanMcCain. I only saw your Father twice after 2008. The first time was a reciprocally ice cold conversation on an Acela. The second time was on the third floor of @MSNBC when we were mutually scheduled for @Morning_Joe. It’s always a no fuss zone but that morning was different. Pages and interns and a few junior producers descended on me trying to steer me away from my usual route. It didn’t work. I locked eyes with your father. All the fuss was over his demand that he not see me. It was the action of a petulant child. Remind you of anyone? @MeghanMcCain I want you to know I stared him down until he broke eye contact. He was a hard man but he looked away because he was ****ing ashamed of himself and he had a lot to be ashamed about in our relationship. I was one of many, many feuds in your fathers life. He had a great capacity for reconciliation and whether it was the restoration of US /Vietnam relations 🇻🇳 with @JohnKerry and @BillClinton or dozens of other people, I reconciled with your father before he died. The last words I heard from him were “don’t worry about all that stuff, I love you boy.” I said the same thing. When news broke about McCain’s death, a few hours passed, until stories were viciously leaked by @MeghanMcCain about who wasn’t invited to the funeral

She hit the mark. @MeghanMcCain I want you to know that was the greatest act of cruelty I ever experienced. It was for all of us that you targeted. It was humiliating and shaming. The reason you did that was because I was the guy with the job that your mommy and daddy didn’t want and didn’t care to do. I was the guy who told you to “grow the **** up” America has been screaming it ever since. You are almost 40 and your behavior has only gotten nastier

A thread by Steve Schmidt

.@MeghanMcCain Here is the story of the dumbest decision of my life. I had met briefly with Palin the night before along with another top staffer. We had agreed that we would not discuss anything around the vetting procedures that were being run by the vetting counsel and Rick

Davis per Ricks insistence. We focused primarily on her views around evolution. She lied and told us that her dad was a science teacher and she rejected creationism. This was a big thing to a bunch of us. It was simple really, if you believed that people and dinosaurs lived together -no go. It was called the Salter principle. We talked about the realities of the campaign and asked her if she would agree to abide by a structure if asked to serve. She looked me in the eye and said yes to everything and broke every promise. The next morning Palin’s SUV pulled into McCain’s Sedona property. McCain looked at me and another aide and said, “Let’s go boys, let’s go talk to her.” I said it was completely inappropriate for us to be in the meeting. I said it was his first Presidential decision and that he alone had to make the decision if she was qualified to take the Oath of Office. They went off and met alone. No one will ever have any knowledge about the inanities and nonsense that took place in the room that day. I do know that if I had heard her speak like I would as we were leaving Minneapolis, I would have tied myself to the bumper to have kept the car from leaving Sedona. Next we all walked down towards the river, John McCain, Cindi McCain, Mark Salter and I. Mark Salter had the best advice. He said it was a big risk and that he could

Lose more than an election, that he could lose his reputation. I refused to advocate for a specific candidate. I told McCain it was a risk. I told him that I thought Pawlenty wouldn’t land and that the press would kill us over Romney because of all the shitty things they said about each other in the heat of the fight. I said that we were on track to lose and we needed to take a risk. Cindy said it was a gamble. John looked at her and pretended to roll dice like he was at a craps table. His hand splayed open. He said. “**** it, let’s do it”

9: The entire VP process, like everything else, was a mismanaged cluster**** . It was the domain of the man I layered, Manaforts business partner and Yanukovych/ Deripaska adviser Davis. After every authority was removed from him except for the VP vetting I said the following to him in July after a disastrous Aspen meeting where it appeared the inherent disorganization of the campaign might mean we wouldn’t produce a VP by the Convention. It was a mess. I said the following to Davis “What about looking at Palin. She is the most popular Governor in America. “I said I didn’t know much about her and she would have to be as throughly vetted as Romney and Pawlenty. Rick said he would get the job done. The rest is history. John McCain walked into a room alone and picked Sarah Palin. I wasn’t there. He was the 72 year old Senior Senator from Arizona and the presumptive nominee for President. He wasn’t my ward and he wasn’t in a conservatorship. He had agency and control. His decision was idiotic, reckless and historic. I have taken the heat for 14 years over this stupidity. @MeghanMcCain Do you want to know who picked Palin? If you were to answer in typical fashion, the answer would be, “My Father” You have attacked, smeared and abused me for 14 years. You called me a pedophile. No more secrets between us.

I am not sure I would categorize this a twitter war. It was more like a twitter annihilation that outed Meghan as just complete trash. I mean most folks knew and suspected this, but it was really really really bad. Oh yeah, and another eye opener, McCain was being helped and propped up by the freakin Russians! So they had been meddling in American King making since at least 2008.

I am not sure I would categorize this a twitter war. It was more like a twitter annihilation that outed Meghan as just complete trash. I mean most folks knew and suspected this, but it was really really really bad. Oh yeah, and another eye opener, McCain was being helped and propped up by the freakin Russians! So they had been meddling in American King making since at least 2008.
I think he may have also exposed McCain having an affair with a lobbyist in this blog post he shared on Twitter:

I think he may have also exposed McCain having an affair with a lobbyist in this blog post he shared on Twitter:

wow, brutal if true.

I follow his Twitter page just for the rants.

He seems very unhappy. He should maybe take a break from politics.
You'd be unhappy too if the once respectable political party you'd given the majority of your professional life to building and supporting had devolved into a creepy cult of grifters and projecting criminals.

Poor bastard.

You'd be unhappy too if the once respectable political party you'd given the majority of your professional life to building and supporting had devolved into a creepy cult of grifters and projecting criminals.

Poor bastard.

Yep.

I never knew why people idolised John McCain. It was pretty well known he had a brutal temper, cheated on his wife and advocated for wars in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Ukraine, Libya and nearly every other hotspot in the world.

He was valiant in Vietnam but that was long before he got into politics.

Reactions: goldmom

Poor bastard.

He was so unhappy that he set up his own group filled with grifters and criminals to the target the other grifters and criminals.

Poor bastard.
He's one I'm talking about when I say board Republicans agreed with everything he said pre-Trump.

Reactions: lucas80 and torbee
It says a lot about the republican party that McCain finished second in a presidential primary and was the nominee after being involved in a corruption scandal.

Yep.

I never knew why people idolised John McCain. It was pretty well known he had a brutal temper, cheated on his wife and advocated for wars in Iran, Iraq, Syria, Ukraine, Libya and nearly every other hotspot in the world.

He was valiant in Vietnam but that was long before he got into politics.
Yep.

Early on in his new career, McCain showed signs of a political iconoclast. In 1983 as a freshman Republican member of the House, McCain criticized his friend President Ronald Reagan and called for the withdrawal of U.S. Marines from Lebanon. A month after McCain's speech on the House floor, a truck bomb exploded at the Marine barracks near Beirut, killing 241 servicemen.

He changed, but not for the better.

Who is a pedo?

INlj2LE.jpg

Wow, has anyone checked Meghan McCain's vitals. It appears she's been murdered multiple times.

I feel sorry for Steve Schmidt, a Republican wandering in the desert who's still wondering just what happened to his former party.

Schmidt beat Meghan up worse than HROT beats up Pissy Pants. Epic. At least she is less hysterical than PP.
Personal attacks about other posters. Always. Never change. Is that all you can do?

Schmidt has long maintained that the roots of Trumpism, which he has spent the last seven years fighting, can be found in the movement that first gathered around Palin in 2008.

That has a lot of truth to it. The amount of people who supported how dumb she was, was astonishing. That along with their hate of Obama and Hillary gave us Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT