ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier to retire

I thought he was a very genuine, honest and entertaining coach. Wore his emotions on his sleeve- nothing safe, canned, or focus group tested out of him. Sounds a lot like Hayden Fry to me. I don't know why anyone wouldn't like him.

Brought Gamecock football program, with a history of mediocrity, its greatest success. Wins, bowl success, NFL players. Something most schools have but was always lacking at Carolina. He took a chance and did arguably his greatest coaching work in Columbia. I wish him health and many rounds of golf.

I hope he's stepping down on his own and not for some medical reason. Heck of a career enjoy your life HBC

He's my favorite hater.

8bmk_medium_medium.0.jpg

Here I is . Well I thought he would wait at the end of the season but not in the middle . He gave us some great times. I liked the guy myself .
I always liked the guy, too. He was old school, and much like Hayden Fry always good for some funny sound bites. He wasn't always PC, but you need some characters like him to make things interesting.

Here I is . Well I thought he would wait at the end of the season but not in the middle . He gave us some great times. I liked the guy myself .

I liked him too, Pepsi...I think he was good for college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT