ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson's shirt getting pulled

I’m in more of a see it to believe it phase with him. He is a beast, but I want to see if he can be effective from all positions (mainly on the mat) against the elite guys. I could see guys like Stoll giving him the Tony Nelson treatment.
Hall is one of the best top wrestling heavyweights we currently have. Gable chose down and got away from him w/out riding time in his first tournament as a college wrestler. He’s only getting better from there.

Hall is one of the best top wrestling heavyweights we currently have. Gable chose down and got away from him w/out riding time in his first tournament as a college wrestler. He’s only getting better from there.

I don't believe Hall is one of the heavier Heavies, though, right?

Last edited:
I'll take your word for it and stand corrected. I thought he was smaller for some reason.

BTW, I see your Tony Nelson Reference Radar is operational. ;)

Oh my bad, I misread, I was saying Steveson is around 250. I have no idea on Tanner Hall although my eyes tell me bigger than that.

Reactions: andegre
Oh my bad, I misread, I was saying Steveson is around 250. I have no idea on Tanner Hall although my eyes tell me bigger than that.

I suppose my accidental use of a double-negative the first time around couldn't have helped, either. Now fixed to say what I meant. :oops:

GS can win it this year, but I'm of the opinion that Kirkvliet(sp) will be the king once he hits the mat. Adding that 40+ lbs and working with Snyder will be his formula .

One thing for sure... the college heavies in the next 5 years will have some great battles... Cass included.

Find out a lot on Sunday. White is probably the 3rd best hwt. out there right now.

GS can win it this year, but I'm of the opinion that Kirkvliet(sp) will be the king once he hits the mat. Adding that 40+ lbs and working with Snyder will be his formula .

One thing for sure... the college heavies in the next 5 years will have some great battles... Cass included.
I’m not sure Kerk can put on 40 pounds. He’s very lean. I could see him wrestle around 240. I agree Kerk is a freak and heavy is going to be great to watch but I’m sticking with Gable as king until I see otherwise.

with minny improving,i thought they would save him for future. maybe olympic rs in his future?

Possibly but ncaa’s are at US bank stadium next year hard so who knows. I think it could end up being a schedule like we saw Snyder wrestle 2 years ago when he came out of his Olympic redshirt.

Thanks, I wasn't at the Bison but I thought Hall looked bigger than that in the past.

Sure. I've been looking at the actual weights for some of the 285s recently. Kind of interesting.

If you're wondering about Derek White, he told Trackwrestling at the All Star Classic that he's about 258 now. Was around 240 last year when he came up from 197.

Coon was going to be one of the best ever, but Gwiz was better. Mocco was on another level, but Konrad was better. Snyder lived up to expectations, but still lost to Burak, the Ice Cream Man, and Coon. Gable S. is an amazing athlete but it is a little early for Cass to throw in the towel. I expect he will be competitive early and improve. It's hard to keep beating a great athlete and Cass is a great athlete who wrestles wide open. When he cleans up some slop he will give Gable all he wants.

Cass is good but Gable is on another level. It’s about in comparison in what we saw tonight with Lee and Glory.
You should preface your posts letting everyone know you are a clown/gopher/psu fan. Why do you feel the need to keep posting that someone is better than an Iowa guy on this board?

Reactions: Chuck C
with minny improving,i thought they would save him for future. maybe olympic rs in his future?

tenor.gif

You should preface your posts letting everyone know you are a clown/gopher/psu fan. Why do you feel the need to keep posting that someone is better than an Iowa guy on this board?
Why do you feel the need to attack. Different views are okay. I wasn’t taking anything away from Cass just saying Gable is on another level. I cheer for Minnesota but by no means am a homer. I even had to chuckle when wasdt said the gophers are improving. That said, the name of this thread is Steveson’s Shirt gets Pulled so it does seem like the logical spot to post about Gable. If this was a thread on big Cass I could see where you were coming from.

Not unbeatable by any stretch. Bresser beat Lee, Meyer bear Mark Hall etc. He’s going to do a lot of winning, but hoping big Sam can push him around and win a close one.

Kirk is lean. Adding 40+ might slow him down quite a bit. He's the perfect Snyder HWT, and compete at the same Oly weight.
You are right about the big boys, add on that SD kid if he wrestles in college.

Reactions: MitchL
Why do you feel the need to attack. Different views are okay. I wasn’t taking anything away from Cass just saying Gable is on another level. I cheer for Minnesota but by no means am a homer. I even had to chuckle when wasdt said the gophers are improving. That said, the name of this thread is Steveson’s Shirt gets Pulled so it does seem like the logical spot to post about Gable. If this was a thread on big Cass I could see where you were coming from.
How did I attack you? You are a troll that has been quieter lately after being called out a few weeks ago. Your stripes didn't change.

Reactions: wasdt21
ADVERTISEMENT