ADVERTISEMENT

Still can’t believe Angel scored more points than point guard Caitlin Clark had rebounds

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HB Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
Granted all of Trashy R’s points came against the 11th-15th best players for the Fever all on the court ant the same time against the Sky starters.

Still, no excuses for a point guard to not get more rebounds than a power forward (all shots close to the rim) scores in points.

I mean, when Caitlin came out of the game she only had 26 more points than Trashy. 11 more assists. And 4 less rebounds, as a point guard, than the power forward.

As far as I’m concerned Trashy R just won/ended the ROY debate tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Willin and nu2u
Granted all of Trashy R’s points came against the 11th-15th best players for the Fever all on the court ant the same time against the Sky starters.

Still, no excuses for a point guard to not get more rebounds than a power forward (all shots close to the rim) scores in points.

I mean, when Caitlin came out of the game she only had 26 more points than Trashy. 11 more assists. And 4 less rebounds, as a point guard, than the power forward.

As far as I’m concerned Trashy R just won/ended the ROY debate tonight.
Keeping your top draft pick on the court during the last 2 minutes of a 20+ blowout loss for the sole purpose of scoring a couple baskets against deep reserves is amateurish. Some HOF players end up being good coaches (Hammond, e.g.), Chicago’s coach is not one of them.

As for Reese, wouldn’t you as a professional player be a little embarrassed trying to play hero ball against bench reserves in order to record some meaningless statistic? Your team (you too!) have just been asphalted on your home court. The game is over. Fifth straight loss. Sit down and hang your head in shame. Two more baskets mean nothing

Mainly, I blame Witherspoon.

Reactions: Willin
The end of last night's game was one of the worst examples of stat padding I've seen. Not as bad as Ricky purposely missing a shot at the opponent's hoop, but still pretty bad. Illustrates what a "bush league" player AR is, and what a bush league coach the Sky has.

Anyone notice AR shots the technical fouls for the Sky even though she is the fifth best free throw shooter on the team at 72.7%. Dana Evans shoots 95.1%. Weatherspoon must be bad at math.

Reactions: nu2u and Willin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT