ADVERTISEMENT

Stoll Charged with False Reports x 2

We all know that pigs deserve to be lied to......after all, they wouldn't think twice about lying to you. I know, I know, they aren't all bad....just most.... but better to be safe than sorry when dealing with that corrupt dumpster fire of an organization. Don't blame you one bit, Sam.
Please be careful there with that broad brush. It's a tough job, and like all public or private organizations, there will always be a few bad eggs along with several saints.

Please be careful there with the broad brush. It's a tough job, and like all public or private organizations, there will always be a few bad eggs along with several saints.

Truth is, I've never been charged with anything other than a simple misdemeanor in my life. I haven't even had a traffic ticket in about 20 years. My main problem is that the good cops don't protect the public from the bad cops, even though they know who the bad cops are. They need to work on policing their own a lot better. Maybe my life experiences have been different than others, but I've actually had one try to extort money from me at a traffic stop. Not much worse than a bad cop who thinks he makes the rules

Truth is, I've never been charged with anything other than a simple misdemeanor in my life. I haven't even had a traffic ticket in about 20 years. My main problem is that the good cops don't protect the public from the bad cops, even though they know who the bad cops are. They need to work on policing their own a lot better. Maybe my life experiences have been different than others, but I've actually had one try to extort money from me at a traffic stop.
You aren't alone brother. However, I've also had cops save the lives of people I love. Good ones and bad ones like everywhere else.

I don't like or trust cops. Sue me. I'm not the only one. Guess this comes as quite a surprise to some of you.....

Like any profession, there will be a few bad apples. But the vast majority of the Thin Blue Line has earned my deepest respect and gratitude.

I also am an ardent supporter of the 1st amendment and your right to spout off like a complete jackass.

I don't like or trust cops. Sue me. I'm not the only one. Guess this comes as quite a surprise to some of you.....
Yea, those dam cops. They probably shot him at 4 in the morning because they had nothing else to do at that time of day. And then they made him lie and say he shot himself. Nothing good happens after 2am:p

Reactions: Huck
Oh how the "faith based" community isn't interested in facts. They start from the conclusion (Stoll is innocent or it doesn't matter or police lie or who cares or Sam is a good guy or whatever .... fill in the blank ) and "reason" to their selected "facts". This is how uneducated fools think and why this country is so backward and idiotic.

Reactions: Stoops41
Oh how the "faith based" community isn't interested in facts. They start from the conclusion (Stoll is innocent or it doesn't matter or police lie or who cares or Sam is a good guy or whatever .... fill in the blank ) and "reason" to their selected "facts". This is how uneducated fools think and why this country is so backward and idiotic.
Thankfully we have people of reason like yourself. :rolleyes:

Isn't that they way our legal system is designed? Innocent until PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I know new age social media gives everyone tons of info and many seem to think they can make a clear cut decision, even when a judge or jury can't. But, come on, reading an IAWrestle topic doesn't make you omnipotent.

LOL

Get this. My dad hates cops big time. He is 81. He was in Burlington with my 79 year old mom and was checking out a development. he got out of his car and then returned to drive one block. he did not buckle up during that one block and a cop pulled him over. Dad was furious,explaining he went one block. he ended up getting a warning but Dad got out of his car and followed the cop back to his car. The cop said, "You know I could arrest you for this, right?" My dad said, "you would like that, wouldn't you." I asked my mom what she was thinking as this was all happening. She said, "at that point, if he had gotten arrested, I would have been ok with that."

CSB

Last edited:
Don't like it? GTFO.

Reactions: gipes and wasdt21
So, putting on your "coaching hat":

(1) If you are Brands, how hard do you push Stoll for an admission of the truth on this matter? In real life, I'm thinking Brands would have a far better shot at cracking Stoll than would the police department.

(2) Hypothetically speaking, let's say the "friend" is a teammate, and you have heard rumblings within the team about it. How hard do you, as coach, push to bring his identity to the light (beyond just questioning Stoll, that is)? I imagine the University would pressure Brands to investigate internally and report back. What would you do in this situation? Take the JRob approach, or try to get it all out there for sake of taking the medicine and moving forward ASAP?

(3) Alternatively, if the unnamed friend is a teammate and identifies himself to Brands voluntarily, what do you believe he will or should do as coach? (A) Say "thank you very much" and discipline internally (i.e., JRob); (B) pass the info on to the University administrators (who presumably want it) and let them take it from there; or (C) pass the info on to administrators and discipline internally?

(4) Hypothetically, neither Stoll, the shooter (who is suspected to be a teammate), nor anyone else who witnessed the incident says a peep. ICPD -- in response to public and political pressure -- decides to keep the investigation open and hounds Stoll and any suspected teammates. It becomes a distraction for the team come October/November, with no end in sight. Stoll won't crack, and the teammate still doesn't step up. Rumors swirl, and divides develop within the team. As coach, do you (A) carry on as-is and hope for the best, or (B) send Stoll on a Permanent Stroll and regain control of your team?

I'm not trolling here -- just curious about how different folks would handle it. I'll admit #4 is a very unlikely scenario, but I find such a dilemma intriguing. The distinction between #2 and #3 is whether you have to dig for the truth (#2) or it comes voluntarily (#3), which could alter how/whether you choose to go to bat for your wrestler.

In a nutshell, the challenge for a coach is to balance personal ethics/values, professional obligations, and a competitive strategy for both near-term and long-term wrestling program success. What would you do? And keep in mind the current sensitivity to "gun issues" in our society and how that may influence certain pressures.

Isn't that they way our legal system is designed? Innocent until PROVEN guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I know new age social media gives everyone tons of info and many seem to think they can make a clear cut decision, even when a judge or jury can't. But, come on, reading an IAWrestle topic doesn't make you omnipotent.

Yes, the legal system requires proof beyond reasonable doubt in a trial setting. However, a trial is not required to have a good grasp of reality.

(1) If you are Brands, how hard do you push Stoll for an admission of the truth on this matter? In real life, I'm thinking Brands would have a far better shot at cracking Stoll than would the police department.

(2) Hypothetically speaking, let's say the "friend" is a teammate, and you have heard rumblings within the team about it. How hard do you, as coach, push to bring his identity to the light (beyond just questioning Stoll, that is)? I imagine the University would pressure Brands to investigate internally and report back. What would you do in this situation? Take the JRob approach, or try to get it all out there for sake of taking the medicine and moving forward ASAP?

(3) Alternatively, if the unnamed friend is a teammate and identifies himself to Brands voluntarily, what do you believe he will or should do as coach? (A) Say "thank you very much" and discipline internally (i.e., JRob); (B) pass the info on to the University administrators (who presumably want it) and let them take it from there; or (C) pass the info on to administrators and discipline internally?

(4) Hypothetically, neither Stoll, the shooter (who is suspected to be a teammate), nor anyone else who witnessed the incident says a peep. ICPD -- in response to public and political pressure -- decides to keep the investigation open and hounds Stoll and any suspected teammates. It becomes a distraction for the team come October/November, with no end in sight. Stoll won't crack, and the teammate still doesn't step up. Rumors swirl, and divides develop within the team. As coach, do you (A) carry on as-is and hope for the best, or (B) send Stoll on a Permanent Stroll and regain control of your team?

I'm not trolling here -- just curious about how different folks would handle it. I'll admit #4 is a very unlikely scenario, but I find such a dilemma intriguing. The distinction between #2 and #3 is whether you have to dig for the truth (#2) or it comes voluntarily (#3), which could alter how/whether you choose to go to bat for your wrestler.

In a nutshell, the challenge for a coach is to balance personal ethics/values, professional obligations, and a competitive strategy for both near-term and long-term wrestling program success. What would you do? And keep in mind the current sensitivity to "gun issues" in our society and how that may influence certain pressures.

If it's a non-starter, press him hard. If it's Spencer Lee, tell him to take it to his grave.

I'd handle it a lot different if a 3rd party had been the injured one. If that were the case, Stoll would be in deep poo. But in this case I advise him to make an adult decision and be prepared to face the consequences. It doesn't seem to me the consequences will be severe, btw.

Reactions: Huck and Chuck C
I tend to agree with this part. I got pulled over in Cali on my way back from San Diego. Had my cruise set on 75 (in a 70)...going through the mountains with a lot of hills, my cruise increased going up a hill and hit 80 to begin the descent. Dude was waiting right there. Got me (fair and square) but hurriedly wrote my ticket and ran back to his car. I situated all my papers, got back on the road and he had somebody pulled over. In Arizona at one point, I hit no less than 15 mobile speeding cameras on the way up to Flagstaff from Tucson...no tickets but dayum. It's all about the $$$.

That said, I wouldn't have to worry about fines if I am doing the speed limit. I have never been given a ticket for 9 and below. Here in Iowa, I barely see the IC/local cops. Hardly ever see speed traps between here and Des Moines. I sincerely hope this doesn't change.

If Sam messed up, it was probably to protect a buddy. Understandable, but he still has to take his medicine. The IC cops are not the problem in this case. I am with Spooner on this...at least in Sam's case.
Chief, I am not saying the cops are the problem t all. If this becomes a non issue and they jus let Sam off with a warning, then great. But if they give him a warning and make him pay a 500 or 1,000 fine, then that is where Ihave a problem. Accidents happen and things go wrong. NO one filed a report or complaint, so why are the cops doing anything. My guess is because there is possible fine involved in this.

Also, I am pretty sure the coaches know what happened. From what I have heard from a reliable source is that they were acting like typical college students and they had an accident. They should not have had a gun out, but college kids do silly things. I am not sure if there will be any punishment. They know they screwed up and rubbing it in probably won't help. An accident is an accident. Thanks the good lord only a knee got shot.

It has nothing with being a "faith based " community or being uneducated.
It has to do with having been young once and having done foolish things.
It has to do with not knowing if your friend is in trouble and trying to protect him. It has to do with feeling a connection to a wrestler or person and believing that he is a good person.
It has to do with not freaking out every time someone is charged with a crime in this sue happy, money grabbing society we live in.
It has to do with humility, empathy and genuine concern without arrogance and superiority.

Lot of bullshit up above.
How about Sam Stoll tells the truth. How about Sam Stoll then takes his punishment for whatever laws he broke. How about Sam Stoll learns a lesson about playing with guns and lying to authorities. Big boy lessons.

Lot of bullshit up above.
How about Sam Stoll tells the truth. How about Sam Stoll then takes his punishment for whatever laws he broke. How about Sam Stoll learns a lesson about playing with guns and lying to authorities. Big boy lessons.

What guns did Sam Stoll "play" with?

I do agree with your point about punishment. He will do exactly that. The punishment will fit the crime, too. The crime just wasn't very serious and thus likely won't warrant major punishment.

What guns did Sam Stoll "play" with?

I do agree with your point about punishment. He will do exactly that. The punishment will fit the crime, too. The crime just wasn't very serious and thus likely won't warrant major punishment.

First point well taken. I used a little literary license to shorten the post...."don't play pranks on people with guns" seemed awkward...but would have been more accurate.

Second point I agree with. I hope Sam Stoll is lightly punished and wrestles this year.

I get tired of the "blame the cops" and "he's just a kid" arguments. Put the blame where it belongs, determine the punishment, do the time, and move on.

First point well taken. I used a little literary license to shorten the post...."don't play pranks on people with guns" seemed awkward...but would have been more accurate.

Second point I agree with. I hope Sam Stoll is lightly punished and wrestles this year.

I get tired of the "blame the cops" and "he's just a kid" arguments. Put the blame where it belongs, determine the punishment, do the time, and move on.

Oh yeah we have several hammer heads posting in this one.

Reactions: natchrlman
Lots of talk about Sam in this situation and yet silence about the shooter. No one learns any lessons when they refuse to take responsibility for their actions. A cover-up benefits no one.

Lots of talk about Sam in this situation and yet silence about the shooter. No one learns any lessons when they refuse to take responsibility for their actions. A cover-up benefits no one.

This will be the FIRST time I've ever agreed with jammenz (holy cow). Let Sam keep quiet and defend his friend with silence. "The shooter" should be MAN/WOMAN ENOUGH to come forward and "take responsibility for his/her actions". My parents taught me to take responsibility for my actions. Maybe that's just the old way of doing things. I'm speeding and get pulled over, "yes officer I was going over the speed limit" accept the ticket and move on, no excuses.

Just ask Jay R.

This will be the FIRST time I've ever agreed with jammenz (holy cow). Let Sam keep quiet and defend his friend with silence. "The shooter" should be MAN/WOMAN ENOUGH to come forward and "take responsibility for his/her actions". My parents taught me to take responsibility for my actions. Maybe that's just the old way of doing things. I'm speeding and get pulled over, "yes officer I was going over the speed limit" accept the ticket and move on, no excuses.

Agreed. He must have learned it from J Robinson.

So you think TNT will get fired when the cover-up is exposed?

Covering up a bag of anxiety medication vs. covering up a shooting. Hmm...

If Tom Brands covered up a crime, held and disposed of evidence and played judge and jury then yes, I'd expect his job to be in serious jeopardy and rightfully so. Since that didn't happen I'm not too worried about it.

That said "a bag of medication"? Lolz

It was the second gunman in the grassy knoll

I’m thinking this will be a “magic bullet” that travels through Stoll’s operated knee and breaks the jinx. Subsequently it takes a left turn then a right turn right before it penetrates the heart of the Penn State fan base ... killing its championship hopes.

Reactions: Huck and bammhawk1
No, this board clogs up because people like you troll it. You are not helping anyone here.

It has nothing with being a "faith based " community or being uneducated.
It has to do with having been young once and having done foolish things.
It has to do with not knowing if your friend is in trouble and trying to protect him. It has to do with feeling a connection to a wrestler or person and believing that he is a good person.
It has to do with not freaking out every time someone is charged with a crime in this sue happy, money grabbing society we live in.
It has to do with humility, empathy and genuine concern without arrogance and superiority.
Nicely said.

These school shootings should always have more talk about the victims and quit giving notoriety to the shooters. This thread and others like it is as it should be honoring the victim here, Sam Stoll, while giving no press to the shooter.
#StayStongSamStoll

Last edited:
Just ask Jay R.
Oh yeah, he did get shot too.
dallas-who-shot-jr-i3487.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT