ADVERTISEMENT

Stone Crab Season

An Iowa fan

HR All-American
Dec 12, 2019
Stone Crab Season has started for Florida.
I am not sure what to expect this season.
I will be back there in a few days. I have not heard anything yet.

If it is good or ok I will also have some shipped back to Iowa at Christmas time.

Reactions: Pinehawk
cropped-logo.png
This is my go to for stone crab. Captain Eddie’s in Nokomis is good too.

Stone Crab Season has started for Florida.
I am not sure what to expect this season.
I will be back there in a few days. I have not heard anything yet.

If it is good or ok I will also have some shipped back to Iowa at Christmas time.

One of my favorite small town festivals (along with Mule Day in Calvary GA, The Great American Cooter Fest in Inverness FL, Woodbine Crawfish Festival in Woodbine GA, Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney PA, Worm Gruntin‘ Festival in Sopchoppy FL and Frog Festival in Rayne LA), is the St Marks Stone Crab Festival. It’s this Saturday for anyone within driving distance of Tallahassee. Unfortunately, I accidentally scheduled a deep sea charter out of Panama City Beach the same day and won’t be able to make it. Trust me, I love that little festival and getting to crack open stone crabs with a wooden mallet so much I ALMOST cancelled the charter.

One of my favorite small town festivals (along with Mule Day in Calvary GA, The Great American Cooter Fest in Inverness FL, Woodbine Crawfish Festival in Woodbine GA, Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney PA, Worm Gruntin‘ Festival in Sopchoppy FL and Frog Festival in Rayne LA), is the St Marks Stone Crab Festival. It’s this Saturday for anyone within driving distance of Tallahassee. Unfortunately, I accidentally scheduled a deep sea charter out of Panama City Beach the same day and won’t be able to make it. Trust me, I love that little festival and getting to crack open stone crabs with a wooden mallet so much I ALMOST cancelled the charter.

Need to know more about Cooter Fest

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Effin poors who cant afford stone crab and know you eat the claws.
Just watched a quick video on this and Joe's Stone Crab and that's pretty cool they just tear the claws off and thrown them back, where they grow new claws. Can't feel good for the crabs, but at least they get to live. Also seems like a much more sustainable way to eat crab than catching and killing the whole thing...

ADVERTISEMENT