ADVERTISEMENT

Stop the racial bias

Why sigh when it is totally relevant. Not one nation was progressive. Slavery has been around before the Roman Empire, very well documented throughout that empire and has continued. Unbelievable that the majority, (not specifically you), want to always take segments of the history of man and act like slavery was one era with one subset of people. That is what makes slavery currently happening very relevant. Why is human trafficking as a form of slavery irrelevant to the U.S. or any other country acting as if they have eradicated slavery? 100 years from now will the slavery of children be irrelevant because only the enslaving of persons of color is important?
We have become the erasers of history, the apologists for political gain, and a society that turns a blind eye in the present.
You are arguing a completely different issue than what this thread or my post was talking about and then you are building a giant strawman argument that people are trying to say that slavery hasn't been part of human history. If you want to argue this, ok I guess, but that's not what I'm talking about and it isn't relevant to the point I was making.

Progressive countries got rid of slavery, fyi.

You are arguing a completely different issue than what this thread or my post was talking about and then you are building a giant strawman argument that people are trying to say that slavery hasn't been part of human history. If you want to argue this, ok I guess, but that's not what I'm talking about and it isn't relevant to the point I was making.

Progressive countries got rid of slavery, fyi.
We didn’t “get rid of it.” We had to fight a Civil War for it to happen. It didn’t just occur.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
So inner city folks should get shit and like it?

So Walmart, Target and Whole Foods are idiots? Why is it always their fault (mayor and bureaucrats have to blame someone)?

They have to turn a profit and closing stores is expensive and bad PR so you know the financials were horrible.

Thru seem to do very well in other cities and including poor areas (less so Whole Foods mind you).

I think it sucks for the law abiding citizens in those neighborhoods. But they have to take some ownership that there has to be a viable market and when people are allowed to consistently loot and pilfer, it cannot go on forever. There are smaller stores that are trying to expand, hope that works out. Aldi has had some success from what I have heard.

No, the NBA is carrying the league. The league is unprofitable and will always be unprofitable, since women do not care to watch the WNBA is any sizeable number and never will.

Don't look but arenas are selling out. TV viewership is at an all-time high. NBA basketball sucks and maybe the novelty of the WNBA will wear out. In the meantime, the CC phenomenon is real. Indy's attendance these few home games have exceeded last seasons attendance total.

This is massive revenue difference to the local economy when talking 17,000 tickets. And this has been the pattern throughout the league.

You may be among those refusing to watch women play basketball. It's a different style of play, and IMO NBA and to a lesser extent men's college basketball has lost its mojo. I'm not looking for an argument, but Caitlin, Iowa and Bluder's teams introduced the country to a brand of basketball that's pleasing to watch.

The returnees and recruits Jensen will have to work with and develop will continue this theme. I'm as excited for the coming season as I was for another year of CC. And the next.

I see Clone in your handle. If you can't on board with what Fennelly's putting together in Ames, what kind of sports fan can you be?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT