ADVERTISEMENT

Story on Lucy Olsen

Man. Were going to miss those 201 three's made......:(

It will be interesting to see if Lucy's shot selection changes much this season.

Check this interesting stat out, comparing last year's 3 leading scorers:

Of their FGs made last season, the percent of the makes that came from 3 point territory:

49.88%:
.....Caitlin Clark (201/403)
21.90%:.....JuJu Watkins (67/306)
17.68%:.......Lucy Olsen (55/311)

It will be interesting to see if Lucy's shot selection changes much this season.

Check this interesting stat out, comparing last year's 3 leading scorers:

Of their FGs made last season, the percent of the makes that came from 3 point territory:

49.88%:
.....Caitlin Clark (201/403)
21.90%:.....JuJu Watkins (67/306)
17.68%:.......Lucy Olsen (55/311)
I think what your seeing with those stats is thats her game. Jan talked about her being an excellent mid range player. I wouldn't expect her to come in and start jacking a bunch more three's. What I do think we'll see s she's a very good passer , and I think she'll drive and kick to Macabe, Syd, Kylie, or whichever freshman gets those 3/4 minutes. Probably Mallegani...

Definitely not a big part of her game in the 3x3, but that might be different with the looks in a 5x5. It's going to be interesting to see how the Iowa team looks with a lot more mid-range pull-ups.

Without a doubt, playing these 3x3 games looks like a great way to sharpen handles and vision--and conditioning (obviously). Olsen will be ready to go.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT