ADVERTISEMENT

Stouts

ClearwaterHawkI

HR Heisman
Dec 9, 2004
An underrated beverage for damn sure!

Young's Double Chocolate Stout is probably my favorite beer beverage of all time, well tied
with early 90's Carlsburg beer with the gold foil top.

Yeti Imperial stout
Old Rasputin Imperial stout
Southern tier Mokah
Karl straus wreck ally
Tenfidy
Java stout Sante fe
Boulevard Imperial stout
Abyss Deschutes
Stone imperial Russian Stout

Those are some of my favorites

Originally posted by ClearwaterHawkI:

Young's Double Chocolate Stout is probably my favorite beer beverage of all time, well tied
dragons-milk.jpg

If you're into stouts, give this one a try if you ever have a chance. I'm enjoying one myself right at this very moment.

Originally posted by KChawkeye02:
Yeti Imperial stout
Southern tier Mokah
Karl straus wreck ally
Tenfidy
Java stout Sante fe
Boulevard Imperial stout
Abyss Deschutes

Good list. I'd add Bells Expedition Stout, Founders breakfast stout, as well as others I can't think of right now.

Young's double chocolate is crap comparatively.

Edit to correct poor proofreading when buzzed.
This post was edited on 2/28 7:28 PM by JWolf74

Originally posted by JWolf74:

Originally posted by KChawkeye02:
Yeti Imperial stout
Southern tier Mokah
Karl straus wreck ally
Tenfidy
Java stout Sante fe
Boulevard Imperial stout
Abyss Deschutes

Good list. I'd add Bells Expedition Stout, Founders breakfast stout, as well as others I can't think of right now.

Young's double chocolate is crap competitively.
If you don't scrape your tongue on a daily basis then you have no credibility.

I've never had a stout. Educate me. I've been informed that they taste like mud. Same consistency.
Currently I'm plowing through a six pack comprised of 3 Schlaffly Pale Ales, and 3 Stellas.

i had Ballast Point Victory at Sea last night. If you like very strong coffee taste in a stout, pick it up. Good stout as BP makes high level beers but this was not my favorite as the coffee was really strong.

My favorite stouts have been from my local brewery. Cocoa mint milk and a cocoa raspberry. When I buy bottled beer stouts are not at the top of my list.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Thanks for posting these. I don't drink beer but I like having my fridge stocked up for when my beer snob friends come to town so it looks like I know whats good.
smile.r191677.gif

Here is a nice little gif for each of you.
tumblr_mwl4qdhUf41qjqxmoo1_400.gif

Reactions: who r u
i dont like trying anything under 10% and im also pic oriented. so here are some of my go to's.

narwhalbottleglass.png

this has been $9.99 a 4pk at hyvee

beer_375528.jpg

this a kalona ia beer that hyvee was selling for $8.99 a 4pk. this was quite possibly the least productive week of my life that i bought a 4pk of this every night for four nights straight.
27094-lefthandnitrowakeupdead4pack.jpg

i believe this has been $10.99 at hyvee

ExpoStoutSix.tif.png

$15.99 a 6pk

anything from eviltwin brewing in the stout group has been very good.

Nothing I ever tasted in my drinking days -- and I tasted a lot, for a lot of days -- was as good as Guinness served in an Irish pub. What you get in this country is OK, but nothing special. But over there, served by somebody who knows how to do it, is a special experience.

Nothing I ever tasted in my drinking days -- and I tasted a lot, for a lot of days -- was as good as Guinness served in an Irish pub. What you get in this country is OK, but nothing special. But over there, served by somebody who knows how to do it, is a special experience.

Are you sure it wasn't just the ambiance the heightened the experience? Beer has changed so much over the last few years that comparing beer and beer drinking from even 5 years ago is night and day. Guinness is fine but I can walk down to my Wine and Spirits and find several better stouts. Wouldn't have been possible just a few short years ago.

Are you sure it wasn't just the ambiance the heightened the experience? Beer has changed so much over the last few years that comparing beer and beer drinking from even 5 years ago is night and day. Guinness is fine but I can walk down to my Wine and Spirits and find several better stouts. Wouldn't have been possible just a few short years ago.
That's entirely possible. On the other hand, I'm seeing stuff advertised now that I wouldn't call beer.

The ambiance undoubtely was a factor. But the freshness of the brew, and the fact that the guys know how to draw it, were bigger factors.

Interesting trivia: Guinness has less alcohol and fewer calories than most lagers.

Question: Has anybody tried the new Guinness lager that's being advertised. I'm hoping they have some on Anguilla when we get there in a few weeks. Would like to try it.

That's entirely possible. On the other hand, I'm seeing stuff advertised now that I wouldn't call beer.

The ambiance undoubtely was a factor. But the freshness of the brew, and the fact that the guys know how to draw it, were bigger factors.

Interesting trivia: Guinness has less alcohol and fewer calories than most lagers.

Question: Has anybody tried the new Guinness lager that's being advertised. I'm hoping they have some on Anguilla when we get there in a few weeks. Would like to try it.

The fresh factor is part of why smaller breweries are exploding. I can bike downtown today and have a fresh, milk stout that was brewed on site not some mass produced beer trucked in from BFE.

I love stouts!

Pretty good list.

Founder's Imperial Stout is my favorite, however, the Yeti's are all delicious.

Founder's is also my favorite. They're my favorite brewery at the moment. Just wish the Imperial wasn't seasonal, I might buy a ton of it in the spring.

It's OK but nothing special. I think you'll like it but it won't blow your socks off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT