ADVERTISEMENT

Strange year, but we do usually improve…

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
I really didn’t read this board much over the last two weeks and I’m sure it greatly improved my sanity. Considering how it still is today?!

I went to see an old friend for the Iowa-Iowa State game… In fact it’s something I don’t normally do at this stage of my life, jump in a car drive 5/6 hours and hang out for the weekend with an old friend but I’m stretching myself and I had a great time even in the loss…

and I will readily agree the consensus for all of us was this team has to try another quarterback!! We were frustrated, mad and even sad, but…. we weren’t hateful and mean spirited. I don’t get it. I don’t even know how you could feel good about yourselves being that way?

or for that matter getting on a message board and letting everybody know you’re not gonna watch this crap anymore… What the hell is the f$&king point. Good don’t watch, then we won’t have to hear you !

A couple things though I don’t understand…

It seems some of you apparently have forgotten what it’s like to be an Iowa fan & then others don’t bother watching much other football….

as I said in another thread, Michigan is the fourth ranked team in the country and they have played three teams that are three of the worst teams in all of football…

Sagarins has CSU at 137th, Hawaii at 162nd & Connecticut at 173rd… South Dakota State and Iowa State would’ve beaten those three teams in a similar fashion to Michigan.

Purdue may have our number but they are not well coached! No reason to lose either of those 2 games?

is Notre Dame any good and if they aren’t then how good is Ohio State? I mean most of you guys have us winning 2,3,4 more games tops? Are you watching different games than I am?

I personally think Petras is a poor quarterback but I’m perfectly willing to let the coach that has been here for 23 years and he’s better now than he was then bury himself with that decision…

And I have a sneaking suspicion that we will end up being better than many of you guys that are constantly upset, think…

I was super happy to see someone bring out the old Hayden Fry and his brilliant offensive mind… Quick question for you…between the two, Hayden in 20 years & Kirk in 23. Who do you think has more games where they scored 10 points or less?

i’ve had friends sending me videos of our blocking in those first two games…

Guys, I have to tell you. No quarterbacks gonna look good in those scenarios and quite frankly that game Saturday had four or five and maybe even six of those balls that have to be caught, they absolutely have to be caught…!!

Brecht I’ll give the benefit of the doubt and even give some kudos to Spencer and the coaching staff for trotting him out there and throwing the ball to him deep several times… But a slightly above average wide receiver comes up with all those catches & LaPorta still is dropping catchable balls!!

This defense is sick!!! I’m not sure we have ever had this many play makers on the team… I mentioned Sebastian Castro preseason and that he was getting squeezed out yet there he is playing some and well. That doesn’t count Quinn Schulte who is an absolute revelation and a stud and Kaevon Meriwether who is having a terrific season. Terry Roberts wouldn’t even be starting if it wasn’t for Jamari Harris and he is a superstar… We have one of our linebackers hurt and yet we really haven’t missed a beat… We’ve got a couple defensive lineman hurt and they keep putting people in that play as good or better!

Which is again so bizarre for me to come on here and have people talking about three or four and six wins at the most. I mean it’s like they just became Iowa fans last week?!

If I get that bothered by something that I turn into a real jerk of a human being that is constantly complaining. I avoid it but not you guys…you double and triple down!!

Last edited:
I like op’s take, no point in everybody posting doom and gloom. perhaps we will indeed slowly improve and the season may hold some possibilities yet. nw has demonstrated that it’s possible to win the west even after starting 0-3 if you win the “right” tie breaking games. we are better off at 2-1 :)

that said the loss to isu was unnecessary but if it actually ends up serving a purpose i’ll withdraw my complaints.

I think we need an "Iowa Rainbows and Unicorns" board for guys like you. If you don't like reading the well-deserved harsh criticism of $7-million-man KF, Tommy Boy and this offense, YOU are the one who is in the wrong place...

Well partner I think your gonna find lots and lots and lots of folks do NOT agree with that.

We have a crap ton of people in this world that think it is their God given right to bitch and piss and moan all the time but there’s a whole lot of us that don’t really like it brother! And it’s not because we don’t get mad. I was super frustrated, even desponand even after that game shocked they never even tried another quarterback…

But here’s the rub and you’ll likely disagree because that seems to be your nature… But we’re talking about a guy that has had his best five-year run in 23 years at the end of his career. He’s doing 90% of everything right and although I don’t agree with his offense or quarterbacking decision. He’s proven better at his job than almost every single person on this board.

As a point of emphasis you wanna spend your time bitching on a message board…

Clearly he’s making better use of his time than you are…

just sayin’…!!

Last edited:
I think we need an "Iowa Rainbows and Unicorns" board for guys like you. If you don't like reading the well-deserved harsh criticism of $7-million-man KF, Tommy Boy and this offense, YOU are the one who is in the wrong place...
There’s criticism and then there’s posts like this. You’re not advancing the conversation by resorting to name-calling and insults, especially when NO ONE has said anything remotely in the vicinity of everything is good or even fine with the offense.

Well partner I think your gonna find lots and lots and lots of folks do NOT agree with that.

We have a crap ton of people in this world that think it is their God given right to bitch and piss and moan all the time but there’s a whole lot of us that don’t really like it brother and it’s not because we don’t get mad I was super frustrated despond and even after that game shocked they never even tried another quarterback…

But here’s the rub and you’ll likely disagree because that seems to be your nature… But we’re talking about a guy that has had his best five-year run in 23 years at the end of his career. He’s doing 90% of everything right and although I don’t agree with his offense or quarterbacking decision. He’s proven better at his job than almost every single person on this board.

As a point of emphasis you wanna spend your time bitching on a message board…Clearly he’s making better use of his time than you are…

just sayin’…!!

At first i wasnt sure if you understood the concept of a message board but now that you are a few posts in, you definitely do. Its a place where people come to vent and even make unpopular comments, just like you are doing.

I am sure you are a model citizen and the quintessential Hawk fan; however, using the other programs you have as comparison has little if any imapct on what this coaching staff does or doesnt do. It is perfectly normal and acceptable for fan base to desire an exciting product. KF and his staff are very well paid and have a 58% conference winning percentage over 23 years. 23 Years. Could it have been better ? We will never know. All most of the apologists ever come up with is - it could be a lot worse.

Iowa should have better QB play. It is a pretty important position.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
At first i wasnt sure if you understood the concept of a message board but now that you are a few posts in, you definitely do. Its a place where people come to vent and even make unpopular comments, just like you are doing.

I am sure you are a model citizen and the quintessential Hawk fan; however, using the other programs you have as comparison has little if any imapct on what this coaching staff does or doesnt do. It is perfectly normal and acceptable for fan base to desire an exciting product. KF and his staff are very well paid and have a 58% conference winning percentage over 23 years. 23 Years. Could it have been better ? We will never know. All most of the apologists ever come up with is - it could be a lot worse.

I was preparing to give you the benefit of the doubt until you tossed in that apologist crap…and then I realized, you’re just more of the same….

Now since you wanna be cute here you go… I don’t consider myself a model anything. I still swear too much, even though I profess to be a man of God. I can act like a whiny child. I can be indifferent. I can be super frustrated, I can yell and I can scream and again I am anything but a “model citizen“ but here’s the rub…

You cats “do think your model citizens”.You think you’ve got it all so figured out that you’re super comfortable complaining about the same things over and over. It’s your God-given right to piss and moan all the ****ing time….

I mean why wouldn’t you? I’m sure you guys always do your jobs exactly right and your superstars in your profession… I will tell you I’m a little surprised, brilliant top tier folks like you ever spend time on a message board but hey…”I guess that’s where you go so you can anonymously be jack asses!! Doh!!

You bring nothing to society, nothing to a message board, nothing to a coffee shop, nothing to a family reunion. Nobody wants to hear you ****ing complain over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over every time they see you!!!

Anything else clever guy?

PS if you’re wondering if I’m enjoying myself, actually I am. Generally I don’t enjoy being a jack ass it’s not productive and it also doesnt bring anything positive to society. But when somebody tells me they think a message board is to come and vent and bitch that just goes to show me they are totally self indulged and have no insight for anybody else’s needs on that same message board….

I mean some of you guys honestly think we don’t care or we are happy our offense is the worst in the nation or that our quarterback sucks… We go a different path because we know negativity and being a whiny bitch is a huge drag on peoples lives! But not only do you not get that, you double down on it!!

Good for you that just makes you a person that lots of society doesn’t want to be around!!! You suck the fun out of everything… Hell I was about as frustrated with the Iowa staff as I’ve ever been and then I get on here and see you guys and think my God what an embarrassment thank goodness I came to my senses…

So I’ll admit… Thank you for that! It helps me to know how not to be!!

Last edited:
N
I really didn’t read this board much over the last two weeks and I’m sure it greatly improved my sanity. Considering how it still is today?!

I went to see an old friend for the Iowa-Iowa State game… In fact it’s something I don’t normally do at this stage of my life, jump in a car drive 5/6 hours and hang out for the weekend with an old friend but I’m stretching myself and I had a great time even in the loss…

and I will readily agree the consensus for all of us was this team has to try another quarterback!! We were frustrated, mad and even sad, but…. we weren’t hateful and mean spirited. I don’t get it. I don’t even know how you could feel good about yourselves being that way?

or for that matter getting on a message board and letting everybody know you’re not gonna watch this crap anymore… What the hell is the f$&king point. Good don’t watch, then we won’t have to hear you !

It seems some of you apparently have forgotten what it’s like to be an Iowa fan & then others don’t bother watching much other football….

as I said in another thread, Michigan is the fourth ranked team in the country and they have played three teams that are three of the worst teams in all of football…

Sagarins has CSU at 137th, Hawaii at 162nd & Connecticut at 173rd… South Dakota State and Iowa State would’ve beaten those three teams in a similar fashion to Michigan.

Purdue may have our number but they are not well coached! No reason to lose either of those 2 games?

is Notre Dame any good and if they aren’t then how good is Ohio State? I mean most of you guys have us winning 2,3,4 more games tops? Are you watching different games than I am?

I personally think Petras is a poor quarterback but I’m perfectly willing to let the coach that has been here for 23 years and he’s better now than he was then bury himself with that decision…

And I have a sneaking suspicion that we will end up being better than many of you guys that are constantly upset, think…

I was super happy to see someone bring out the old Hayden Fry and his brilliant offensive mind… Quick question for you…between the two, Hayden in 20 years & Kirk in 23. Who do you think has more games where they scored 10 points or less?

Guys, I have to tell you. No quarterbacks gonna look good in those scenarios and quite frankly that game Saturday had four or five and maybe even six of those balls that have to be caught, they absolutely have to be caught…!!

Brecht I’ll give the benefit of the doubt and even give some kudos to Spencer and the coaching staff for trotting him out there and throwing the ball to him deep several times… But a slightly above average wide receiver comes up with all those catches & LaPorta still is dropping catchable balls!!

This defense is sick!!! I’m not sure we have ever had this many play makers on the team… I mentioned Sebastian Castro preseason and that he was getting squeezed out yet there he is playing some and well. That doesn’t count Quinn Schulte who is an absolute revelation and a stud and Kaevon Meriwether who is having a terrific season. Terry Roberts wouldn’t even be starting if it wasn’t for Jamari Harris and he is a superstar… We have one of our linebackers hurt and yet we really haven’t missed a beat… We’ve got a couple defensive lineman hurt and they keep putting people in that play as good or better!

Which is again so bizarre for me to come on here and have people talking about three or four and six wins at the most. I mean it’s like they just became Iowa fans last week?!

If I get that bothered by something that I turn into a real jerk of a human being that is constantly complaining. I avoid it but not you guys…you double and triple down!!
Not a bad post. Can't disagree

I cant imagine coming here and writing novels about people complaining. Any team selling out a 70,000+ stadium is going to have a bitching fanbase when the offense is ranked dead last in the country. Add in the son as the OC and past struggles, this is the result. Maybe just stick to following Gary Dolphin on twitter.

Stop using the money as a crutch. It's about the wins and losses. Posters would bitch even if Kirk made $50,000 a year. But to think this young team will not improve is a mistake. Last yr they stunk it up at first but improved and with a little luck won the west. That could happen this yr also. Have to wait and see how things play out.
Way too much anger displayed here over a game though.

I appreciate your optimism, but you need to put down the Kool-Aid. The OL issues are not going to go away quickly. Many of the issues appear mental more than physical. Still we're looking at 3-4 weeks likely before everything gets smoothed out. These have been glaring deficiencies in OL play, and we haven't really faced any elite defenses. It only takes 1-2 negative plays to really change the course of a game.

While Spencer looked better Saturday/Sunday, his body of work last season and the first three games this season are enough to say without a doubt he is just not a good QB. Perhaps in a different system, but not in our current offense. His overall QBR for the season is 7.0 which is abysmal. Last season it was 49 compared to Padilla whose QBR last season was 99.1

The defense and Special Teams are stellar but you have to be able to put at least 10 points on the board in BIG play. We are not a bowl team this year. BF/KF have not shown the ability to adjust the offense to match the personnel we have. Likely the transfer portal will not be kind to us after the season. Any coach other than KF would see the error of their ways and the season might be salvaged. But since KF is our coach and he's going to die by SP the season is already over. 5-7 is the ceiling but 2-10 is entirely possible.

Be careful trying to wield positivity around here….. you’ll be a punching bag

I’ve limited my exposure as well because all I do is wind up arguing with the Ferentz lynch mob

anonymous keyboard warriors and their cheeto stained fingers obviously know more than our coaching staff…..we’ve lost a lot of linemen for one reason or another that were expected to be the guys right now and that’s the biggest issue….. but that doesn’t keep the coaches and players we have from working their asses off to try and improve….. contributing way more to the program then all these whiney bitches on here 🙄

you all know who you are and when Kirk turns things back around you’ll all be back on the bandwagon……this board has been embarrassing

I appreciate your optimism, but you need to put down the Kool-Aid. The OL issues are not going to go away quickly. Many of the issues appear mental more than physical. Still we're looking at 3-4 weeks likely before everything gets smoothed out. These have been glaring deficiencies in OL play, and we haven't really faced any elite defenses. It only takes 1-2 negative plays to really change the course of a game.

While Spencer looked better Saturday/Sunday, his body of work last season and the first three games this season are enough to say without a doubt he is just not a good QB. Perhaps in a different system, but not in our current offense. His overall QBR for the season is 7.0 which is abysmal. Last season it was 49 compared to Padilla whose QBR last season was 99.1

The defense and Special Teams are stellar but you have to be able to put at least 10 points on the board in BIG play. We are not a bowl team this year. BF/KF have not shown the ability to adjust the offense to match the personnel we have. Likely the transfer portal will not be kind to us after the season. Any coach other than KF would see the error of their ways and the season might be salvaged. But since KF is our coach and he's going to die by SP the season is already over. 5-7 is the ceiling but 2-10 is entirely possible.

Couple things…what did I say that was actually very optimistic. I mean I didn’t give any win totals. I pointed out the flaws of the teams we have coming up on our schedule… and what’s your wager on 5-7 being the ceiling?

I wanna toss this little gem out here too because I haven’t got much comments back on it.

Michigan played 3 horrible teams…how badly would Iowa State and/or South Dakota State beat the teams Michigan has played this year….?!

If the answer is 40 to 10, 45-to 17 etc. etc. something like that?! And oh by the way it would be, maybe worse.

Then again I have to ask who are the six teams left that we play that are way better than South Dakota State and Iowa State that were going to automatically lose too?

LOL, you got banned two weeks ago from a college sports message board, created a new handle within a day, and have over 200 posts bitching about the same thing.

Honestly, not to be a d*** or anything, but how pathetic is your life?

Couple things…what did I say that was actually very optimistic. I mean I didn’t give any win totals. I pointed out the flaws of the teams we have coming up on our schedule… and what’s your wager on 5-7 being the ceiling?

I wanna toss this little gem out here too because I haven’t got much comments back on it.

Michigan played 3 horrible teams…how badly would Iowa State and/or South Dakota State beat the teams Michigan has played this year….?!

If the answer is 40 to 10, 45-to 17 etc. etc. something like that?! And oh by the way it would be, maybe worse.

Thenagain I have to ask who are the six teams left that we play that are way better than South Dakota State and Iowa State that were going to automatically lose too?
Michigan has played horrible teams but have put up big numbers against horrible teams. Our offense have not put up huge numbers against anyone. Iowa State would likely average at least 35 points against the teams Michigan played. I don't know enough about SDSU this year to know what they would do.

That being said I still expect Michigan's D to shut down our offense in its current state. So unless the defense scores, I'm betting they will put up more points than we do. They beat us badly in the BCG last season and our offense is much worse this season.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Then again I have to ask who are the six teams left that we play that are way better than South Dakota State and Iowa State that were going to automatically lose too?
On the plus side Michigan has likely had to work harder to get dressed than actually play any of their games, so if the Hawks can take a little fight to them we the fans might be surprised at the outcome. Let's hope for a rowdy crowd in 2 weeks.

Michigan has played horrible teams but have put up big numbers against horrible teams. Our offense have not put up huge numbers against anyone. Iowa State would likely average at least 35 points against the teams Michigan played. I don't know enough about SDSU this year to know what they would do.

That being said I still expect Michigan's D to shut down our offense in its current state. So unless the defense scores, I'm betting they will put up more points than we do. They beat us badly in the BCG last season and our offense is much worse this season.

I get it that’s a reasonable assessment and the 5–7 what did you want to wager on that?

I don't gamble on sports or anything else.
Nor do I but is it really gambling if you said the best they can do is 5-7, meaning no way they could possibly be better than five and seven… That isn’t really gambling is it?

That’s what you said their ceiling is five and seven if I know something like you seem to know some thing I probably wouldn’t consider that gambling…

On a sidenote I just noticed Iowa State gave up 10 points12 first downs and 233 yards to Ohio… That’s relevant because Penn State who I’m sure we all think is a hell of a team gave up 16 first downs 263 yards & also 10 points…

The point you ask… I’d wager by the end of the year South Dakota State and Iowa State both probably end up having really good defenses .

But Michigan who has played the 138th ranked Sagarins team in Colorado State. 162nd Hawaii and Connecticut who’s 173rd are light years better than us?!

By the by… Vanderbilt beat Hawaii 63 to 10! Thank goodness we don’t have to play them!!

Last edited:
I like op’s take, no point in everybody posting doom and gloom. perhaps we will indeed slowly improve and the season may hold some possibilities yet. nw has demonstrated that it’s possible to win the west even after starting 0-3 if you win the “right” tie breaking games. we are better off at 2-1 :)

that said the loss to isu was unnecessary but if it actually ends up serving a purpose i’ll withdraw my complaints.
What if it ended up being some crazy 2002 dejavu and that was Iowa's only loss?

Reactions: cmhawks99
I was preparing to give you the benefit of the doubt until you tossed in that apologist crap…and then I realized, you’re just more of the same….

Now since you wanna be cute here you go… I don’t consider myself a model anything. I still swear too much, even though I profess to be a man of God. I can act like a whiny child. I can be indifferent. I can be super frustrated, I can yell and I can scream and again I am anything but a “model citizen“ but here’s the rub…

You cats “do think your model citizens”.You think you’ve got it all so figured out that you’re super comfortable complaining about the same things over and over. It’s your God-given right to piss and moan all the ****ing time….

I mean why wouldn’t you? I’m sure you guys always do your jobs exactly right and your superstars in your profession… I will tell you I’m a little surprised, brilliant top tier folks like you ever spend time on a message board but hey…”I guess that’s where you go so you can anonymously be jack asses!! Doh!!

You bring nothing to society, nothing to a message board, nothing to a coffee shop, nothing to a family reunion. Nobody wants to hear you ****ing complain over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over every time they see you!!!

PS if you’re wondering if I’m enjoying myself, actually I am. Generally I don’t enjoy being a jack ass it’s not productive and it also doesnt bring anything positive to society. But when somebody tells me they think a message board is to come and vent and bitch that just goes to show me they are totally self indulged and have no insight for anybody else’s needs on that same message board….

I mean some of you guys honestly think we don’t care or we are happy our offense is the worst in the nation or that our quarterback sucks… We go a different path because we know negativity and being a whiny bitch is a huge drag on peoples lives! But not only do you not get that, you double down on it!!

Good for you that just makes you a person that lots of society doesn’t want to be around!!! You suck the fun out of everything… Hell I was about as frustrated with the Iowa staff as I’ve ever been and then I get on here and see you guys and think my God what an embarrassment thank goodness I came to my senses…

"You're" damn it! You're!!!

On the plus side Michigan has likely had to work harder to get dressed than actually play any of their games, so if the Hawks can take a little fight to them we the fans might be surprised at the outcome. Let's hope for a rowdy crowd in 2 weeks.

of that we can both agree and I am expecting it. I know some Michigan fans, in fact I have some family that are Michigan fans and I promise you they’re worried as hell about the game!!

"You're" damn it! You're!!!

i’m sorry Jonesey voice texting or voice posting or voice anything is a bitch. I do go back and fix things at times but yoyr/you’re not only do I miss it but sometimes I just don’t care

I cant imagine coming here and writing novels about people complaining. Any team selling out a 70,000+ stadium is going to have a bitching fanbase when the offense is ranked dead last in the country. Add in the son as the OC and past struggles, this is the result. Maybe just stick to following Gary Dolphin on twitter.

Let’s remember we’re talking about the same people not different people the same people saying the same shitty, pissy things!

Monstrous difference and if you actually didn’t know that, I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you really did, but if you didn’t then again no point in us conversing!

LOL, you got banned two weeks ago from a college sports message board, created a new handle within a day, and have over 200 posts bitching about the same thing.

Honestly, not to be a d*** or anything, but how pathetic is your life?

This I did not know….

Nor do I but is it really gambling if you said the best they can do is 5-7, meaning no way they could possibly be better than five and seven… That isn’t really gambling is it?

That’s what you said their ceiling is five and seven if I know something like you seem to know some thing I probably wouldn’t consider that gambling…

On a sidenote I just noticed Iowa State gave up 10 points12 first downs and 233 yards to Ohio… That’s relevant because Penn State who I’m sure we all think is a hell of a team gave up 16 first downs 263 yards & also 10 points…

The point you ask… I’d wager by the end of the year South Dakota State and Iowa State both probably end up having really good defenses .

But Michigan who has played the 138th ranked Sagarins team in Colorado State. 162nd Hawaii and Connecticut who’s 173rd are light years better than us?!

By the by… Vanderbilt beat Hawaii 63 to 10! Thank goodness we don’t have to play them!!
We'd get destroyed by Vanderbilt.

Just kidding.

Let’s remember we’re talking about the same people not different people the same people saying the same shitty, pissy things!

Monstrous difference and if you actually didn’t know that, I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you really did, but if you didn’t then again no point in us conversing!

Lol ok pal.

Reactions: cmhawks99

Lol

Guess i touched a nerve

The silence from folks like the OP after the next two weeks will be deafening…this team has a pretty good chance of going 0-2 and neither game being particularly close.

I would be more apathetic than upset if it wasn’t for the fact we are wasting an all time great defense with one of the worst offenses in recent college football history…

The silence from folks like the OP after the next two weeks will be deafening…this team has a pretty good chance of going 0-2 and neither game being particularly close.

I would be more apathetic than upset if it wasn’t for the fact we are wasting an all time great defense with one of the worst offenses in recent college football history…
I’m not quite there as far as your first paragraph goes. Rutgers is in a bad, bad place offensively, and I could see us winning similar to the SDSU game.

As for paragraph #2….yikes. There is a very real possibility that we end up with the least efficient offense (in terms of yards per play) that college football has seen THIS CENTURY.

I’m not quite there as far as your first paragraph goes. Rutgers is in a bad, bad place offensively, and I could see us winning similar to the SDSU game.

As for paragraph #2….yikes. There is a very real possibility that we end up with the least efficient offense (in terms of yards per play) that college football has seen THIS CENTURY.
I mean I’ll give you that, but I should have been more clear…”not particularly close” has a different meaning with this QB and offense….if we’re down more than 3 it’s a blowout….the chances of winning down by a touchdown, or down 55 points are about the same with this group…

What a poor take overall. The fact that you think 58% in Big Ten play is somehow not good shows a lack of understanding of how hard it is to win in the Big Ten consistently and for so long.

Unless you are coaching at OSU or Michigan - which anyone with college football knowledge knows there is an inherent advantage coaches at those programs have over the rest of the Big Ten - being around 60% winning percentage in conference over a sustained career is a pretty high standard.

Ferentz is right up there in the same ball park as HOF'ers like Joe Paterno and Hayden Fry and better than Barry Alvarez and Joe Tiller. It is right there with Mark Dantonio and James Franklin. It is better than the other supposed great, innovative current coaches in the Big Ten West that supposedly passed up stubborn and old-fashioned KF like Fleck, Brohm, etc.

You would be hard pressed to find coaches outside of OSU/Michigan that have done much better than what KF has done over a sustained period in the Big Ten.

Does that mean he is perfect and hasn't made mistakes or above criticism? Of course not. I get frustrated at times with his conservative approach and stubbornness ... but overall, I am appreciative of what he has done and also am REALISTIC in that it isn't as easy as just snapping your fingers or making wholesale changes on a dime (or making changes just to make changes) and everything will just automatically be better.

The keyboard warriors on these message boards and social media that talk big and call people that support KF apologists and say they only come up with "it could be worse" aren't objective ... most of you guys are bogus in your simplistic approach that the other Iowa fans are just "settling" for good. No, most of those fans actually understand how hard it is to achieve a certain standard and how it would be even harder to achieve that next level that all but 5 - 10 blue blood programs have achieved (and sustained).

Reactions: sober_teacher

I don't how many times Iowa fans in previous season have said things like "Iowa will be lucky to win 1-2 games in the Big Ten" or "this is a 6-6 team AT BEST" early in the season only to be proven wrong. Almost every year you see a group of Iowa fans say this.

They do that in basketball under Fran as well.

Could that happen? Of course it could but based on history, what makes these fans so convinced year after year Iowa is going to win 4,5, 6 games only and it hardly ever happens. Taking out the Covid Year when they only played 8 games (and likely would have been another 9-10 win season), Iowa hasn't even won less than 7 games since 2012 and the 4 years previous to that never won less than 7 games.

Yet to hear a portion of the Iowa fans, KF is good for a 7-5, 6-6 season EVERY year.

Until it actually happens and they fall on their face, the benefit of the doubt should be that KF is going to win at least 7 games (and likely more) and figure some things out and not the other way around.

Same with the transfer stuff. Iowa is regularly on the low-end of transfers ... could it be because KF and staff recruit a certain type of kid that is looking for long-term development (which has been proven to work under KF) and have a certain mentality? To just assume the transfer portal will not be kind is based on nothing but speculation and not based on reality at this point.

I don't how many times Iowa fans in previous season have said things like "Iowa will be lucky to win 1-2 games in the Big Ten" or "this is a 6-6 team AT BEST" early in the season only to be proven wrong. Almost every year you see a group of Iowa fans say this.

They do that in basketball under Fran as well.

Could that happen? Of course it could but based on history, what makes these fans so convinced year after year Iowa is going to win 4,5, 6 games only and it hardly ever happens. Taking out the Covid Year when they only played 8 games (and likely would have been another 9-10 win season), Iowa hasn't even won less than 7 games since 2012 and the 4 years previous to that never won less than 7 games.

Yet to hear a portion of the Iowa fans, KF is good for a 7-5, 6-6 season EVERY year.

Until it actually happens and they fall on their face, the benefit of the doubt should be that KF is going to win at least 7 games (and likely more) and figure some things out and not the other way around.

Same with the transfer stuff. Iowa is regularly on the low-end of transfers ... could it be because KF and staff recruit a certain type of kid that is looking for long-term development (which has been proven to work under KF) and have a certain mentality? To just assume the transfer portal will not be kind is based on nothing but speculation and not based on reality at this point.

I am totally fine with you having an approving opinion of KF and the program. It doesnt change the fact that the Iowa offense is near the very bottom of college football. Something has been broken on the offensive side for a long time.

What i do not understand is why you and some others take it so personally. Do you even read what you post and to that which you are responding ? People apologize and use 'whataboutism' with KF like they are his relatives. Maybe you are i dont know.

I have supported iowa football for 50 years. Please put me on ignore if you cant accept criticism.

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0

Lol, I always get a kick out of the occasional virtuous high road message board poster. It's a got dam inconsequential message board for entertainment purposes.

Look at this "Get off my damn lawn whipper snappers" guy trying to bring sense to a freaking internet football forum.

LMAO.

Funny-Old-Man.gif

ADVERTISEMENT