ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming, BTN to go, Iowa BB and the Cayman Islands..

Dec 29, 2005
Paid for BTN to GO package to watch Iowa BB. So far it has pretty much sucked.

First exhibition game worked but really choppy.. wtf? My Media Con provider gets me up to 24 media bitts.. (something like that)

Since then the second exhibition I was not able to access at all. On my my main computer I can now access games but they are horribly low digital quality and incredibly choppy.

I have emailed BTN to GO and hear nothing back.

Is it just me? Should I continue to take it up the arse?

What about the Cayman Isles and that package?

First exhibition game worked but really choppy.. wtf? My Media Con provider gets me up to 24 media bitts.. (something like that)

Since then the second exhibition I was not able to access at all. On my my main computer I can now access games but they are horribly low digital quality and incredibly choppy.

the BTN2GO has worked just fine...24Mbps is your problem, not BTN. Your speed is antiquated and inadequate to be streaming movies or live broadcasts.

I got the games on btn plus also, i got along pretty decent actually, better than last year. Still sucks though as i would rather throw on the 60" tv and watch it rather than on my phone or 7" tablet :confused:

I got the games on btn plus also, i got along pretty decent actually, better than last year. Still sucks though as i would rather throw on the 60" tv and watch it rather than on my phone or 7" tablet :confused:

with a smart tv, your tablet or laptop should sync up with the TV with one click...

the BTN2GO has worked just fine...24Mbps is your problem, not BTN. Your speed is antiquated and inadequate to be streaming movies or live broadcasts.
According to Netflix you only need 5 mbps to watch in HD. Ultra HD is 25. I have limited options for internet where I live and I can watch at speeds of only 2-4 mbps (fiber optic can’t get here fast enough!) with minimal interruptions.

with a smart tv, your tablet or laptop should sync up with the TV with one click...

I'm not even sure if i have a smart tv :confused:. I don't have home Internet, just Internet through my phone. Probably won't work then huh? Can i tether it? I tether my phone to the tablet. Yeah I know, I'm dumb :(

No problems on my end watching them.

Thanks to all of my fellow Hawkeyes.

Getting back to me and being kind about this incredible insignificant issue.

Just kind of pissed when I pay out to BTN to GO and Iowa and have this complaint

I emailed and called them and get no response.

guessing NET NEUTRALITY will not F$%k us... who cares and let alone who knows?

I have Charter and I get 60 MBps. Streams good.

Thanks to all of my fellow Hawkeyes.

Getting back to me and being kind about this incredible insignificant issue.

Just kind of pissed when I pay out to BTN to GO and Iowa and have this complaint

I emailed and called them and get no response.

guessing NET NEUTRALITY will not F$%k us... who cares and let alone who knows?

You'll be lucky if you get a response & they don't have phone support either. Your only real support option is to try the live chat support option. If it is your internet speed that isn't fast enough they won't be of any help.

I live outside the city and have Satellite Internet (hughes) and Satellite TV (direct TV). The BTN streaming is better than nothing, not anywhere close to HDTV broadcast quality. That is why I can't cord cut...need my BTN on direct TV.

Reactions: unIowa
I have 100 mbps and no problems. I was pissed last year when it seem like week after week the BTN plus stream was choppy-- I think that was the bandwidth coming out of Carver as many other members had the same issue. Looks like it's all resolved now.

I use the roku app and 20mbps wifi

no issues.

24mbs that the OP has should be plenty as well. As long as you’re not streaming on multiple devices on the same WiFi.

I have heard the quality of the streaming games has been a lot better than years past.

How do you get the cayman island games I have BTN2 GO plus and got those first three games ok but the ones from cayman are not on anywhere right?

24mbs that the OP has should be plenty as well. As long as you’re not streaming on multiple devices on the same WiFi.

I have heard the quality of the streaming games has been a lot better than years past
It has been. Still pretty low grade but better than it used to be.

I have 7 mbps DSL which is painfully inadequate, and mine still worked fine.

I have 100 mbps and no problems. I was pissed last year when it seem like week after week the BTN plus stream was choppy-- I think that was the bandwidth coming out of Carver as many other members had the same issue. Looks like it's all resolved now.

There is fiber coming directly out of carver- no satellite truck needed. I’m guessing the cayman streams will have some issues.

With Netflix streaming and Xbox 1 gaming usually on in the kids room and streaming tv and sports...I went to 1 GB internet. Overkill for sure but if you go overboard on something....might as well do it with something you use a lot :D

I'm not even sure if i have a smart tv :confused:. I don't have home Internet, just Internet through my phone. Probably won't work then huh? Can i tether it? I tether my phone to the tablet. Yeah I know, I'm dumb :(

Just ask your TV if it's a smart TV or not. It'll know.

When do we play in the Cayman's? I clicked on the basketball schedule and don't see anything about it. So I don't know what the hell is going on.

When do we play in the Cayman's? I clicked on the basketball schedule and don't see anything about it. So I don't know what the hell is going on.
I was wondering what Iowa schedule you looked at as the one on the Hawkeye web site has shown the opponent, date and time for the play in the Caymen's which I printed out even before the exhibition games.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Of course Iowa's opponent in the second game won't be known until after their first game is played but it shows an either or. No TV coverage is listed because there isn't any.

I was wondering what Iowa schedule you looked at as the one on the Hawkeye web site has shown the opponent, date and time for the play in the Caymen's which I printed out even before the exhibition games.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Of course Iowa's opponent in the second game won't be known until after their first game is played but it shows an either or. No TV coverage is listed because there isn't any.

The schedule I clicked on here at Rivals says we play Louisiana on 11/20. It doesn't say anything about Cayman Tournament, and doesn't say anything about games on 11/21 and 11/22.

But now I know, thanks to your link. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT