ADVERTISEMENT

Street joggers

We’re in a new community with big, wide, sidewalks in perfect condition. Some people still not only jog, but walk on the streets.

Back when I ran, our sidewalks were uneven and cracked from all the massive trees. So I would get up at 5:30 and run on the streets; but on those rare occasions that a car would come along I would hop up on the sidewalk when it was within a couple blocks, until it passed.

Stupid and dangerous during normal traffic.

You suck! There's a sidewalk 4 feet to your right. Use it and stay out of the damn way dumbasses.
What if the streets are bare and the sprinklers are going in peoples' yards? I will run in the street at times if it's quiet (usually at 6AM).

I live the in the hood. If someone is running sidewalks versus streets is not in the calculus.

Reactions: blhawk
No problems here...
JDles70.jpg

aDhnUXZ.gif

I believe the asphalt is softer than concrete on a sidewalk. So a little less stress on the joints.

Pavement returns, on average, about 69 less pounds of force (than concrete) back through the body, per step, and that adds up.

Bro, why you making up fake quotes of me. I can't believe this.

I was trying to escape a jogger thread.

Reactions: Rudolph
I believe the asphalt is softer than concrete on a sidewalk. So a little less stress on the joints.

You would be correct about running on asphalt. Much less taxing on the joints.

When I’m running in the street it’s social distancing to keep away from all the people on sidewalks. In Chicago, there are a ton of folks out walking their dogs and it’s just easier to run in the street to avoid them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT