ADVERTISEMENT

Strength vs. Strength in College Football per PFF College

cidsports

HB King
Power ratings: PFF College
#7 Iowa at #28 Maryland on Friday night at The Shell, in what the Terps affectionately call their stadium.

At first, it was supposed to be Michael Penix, then Brock Purdy, but Friday night, the Hawkeyes face Maryland QB 3 Taulia Tagovailoa, sophomore. He is solid going deep and he will face the top corner unit right now in CFB.

Both coaches have 4-0 teams through September. PFF College ranked the Terps schedule to date, 113th, while the Hawkeyes, 36th.

“I think you've heard me say it before, winning is never easy, and that certainly was the case today,” the dean of College Football, Kirk Ferentz shared after his team defeated Colorado State 24-14 on Saturday.

Maryland Coach Mike Locksley after his Terrapins defeated Kent State 37-16 Saturday:

“We could have played better, but as I told my team, winning is hard.”

Common theme across College Football in 2021.

By the way, the top 3 developmental programs, Alabama, Stanford and Iowa are all off in 2021 rushing the football.

All three programs are possible stories this week, as upsets are on the spotlight, as October arrives in College Football.

“It’s kind of a little joke that we’re like firemen,” Iowa safety Jack Koerner said. “We put the fire out anytime there’s a tough situation. We don’t care how we got there, what yard line we’re on, we’re going out there to do our jobs."

CBS SportsLine

• #5 Iowa 2️⃣5️⃣
• Maryland 1️⃣5️⃣

Brian Ferentz, Phil Parker and LaVar Woods, Iowa's offensive, defensive and special teams coordinators will need to dial up solid performances.

Randy Cross likes Iowa as a College Football Playoff team. Cross and Aaron Taylor like the Hawkeyes in Maryland on Friday night.

The offensive line will need to step up in October and November, as the Hawkeyes resume their B1G season quest for Indianapolis in 2021.

In the world of Iowa Football, the game starts at the line of scrimmage. This will be a key on Friday night.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News