ADVERTISEMENT

Student tickets 30% off

jaysonjohn2012

Team MVP
Oct 18, 2014
So the Athletics dept is trying to entice students to buy tickets early. Shouldn't this be an indicator to Barta that the program is stale and stagnant. So students are expressing their discontent through ticket sales. Unfortunately regular ticket holders will continue to buy tickets even if we are 4-8. But at least student tickets are one indicator of fans who are not content with the state of the program.

We are beating the fossilized bones of a prehistoric horse like creature. We are going have the same staff for the 2015 season, even if some of you get enough money raised to hire ISIS to come in and force Barta to make a change. It is done. For better or worse, Kirk will be coaching the Iowa football program in 2015.

How about this for an idea. Since there are certain things that simply cannot be changed in the next 8 months, how about they do as much as they can in the meantime. For example, give the students a break on their tickets. That is a good thing. It is not a reason to complain about something that we already knew. Everything else, one way or another is going to work itself out in 2015.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Just wish they would have offered us regular season ticket holders a 30% discount and offered the food vouchers to the students.

Originally posted by Birky:
We are beating the fossilized bones of a prehistoric horse like creature. We are going have the same staff for the 2015 season, even if some of you get enough money raised to hire ISIS to come in and force Barta to make a change. It is done. For better or worse, Kirk will be coaching the Iowa football program in 2015.

How about this for an idea. Since there are certain things that simply cannot be changed in the next 8 months, how about they do as much as they can in the meantime. For example, give the students a break on their tickets. That is a good thing. It is not a reason to complain about something that we already knew. Everything else, one way or another is going to work itself out in 2015.

I don't know why, but this cracked me up. I agree with what you're saying. The product has gotten stale and all, but Barta in this case is making a good choice. I'd take them down to 50% myself though. The student section being empty was definitely an eye sore.

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Originally posted by Birky:

I don't know why, but this cracked me up. I agree with what you're saying. The product has gotten stale and all, but Barta in this case is making a good choice. I'd take them down to 50% myself though. The student section being empty was definitely an eye sore.
To further pound the fossils, get better food--maybe open it up to some better outside venders. Hell, if we're going to lift their burritos, let Panch run a cart!

Idk where you all live but in America the economy sucks right now and when I was a college student I was a poor college student. Couple that with the results on the field not being up to socially acceptable standards for the casual fans, and you get crappy student sections.

Interesting comment from the article,although not surprising :

"I don't have season tickets because tailgates are more interesting than seeing below-average football games," UI junior Trevor Heimke said.

article

The economy sucks right now?? Don't let the facts get in the way of a good argument..

SOO what happens if you don't renew by March 13th?? Anything??

When is the deadline to renew. I am buying them for my brother-in law who wants to go to some more games.

I am just curious as to when the deadline is to renew.

I could care less about 10 dollar vouchers to the concession stand and 30% off at Herky's locker.

Deadline is March 13th for all of the regular season ticket holders to get their freebies. I think that the drop dead date for season tickets in April 23rd or something like that.

Originally posted by clickhere 01:
Interesting comment from the article,although not surprising :

"I don't have season tickets because tailgates are more interesting than seeing below-average football games," UI junior Trevor Heimke said.
This cracks me up.

It be fun to for the article to disclose where Trevor falls. Is he a below or above average UI student, or an above or below average tailgater? What's his take on what an average football game is? Did he ever strap on shoulder pads?

Some of you stalkers that tweet recruits, and follow the exploits of high schoolers should dig this up for us.

Lots of problems going on in Iowa City. I said this last season this will only continue to get worse before it gets better. Barta is a joke as an AD ... They rode the gravy train too long because Kinnick was always full ... Well, with the .500, stale program that has taken the field the past 4 seasons, it was only a matter of time before problems would begin to arise.

Unfortunately, too many Iowa fans will continue to renew their tickets because they honestly don't really care if Iowa is 10-2 or 6-6 ... They go for the "environment" and it beats sitting at home in Webster City on a Fall afternoon.

Iowa's marketing and PR is horrendous. Always has been. Knee-jerk reactions ... Silly promotions ... Worthless promotions ... I had season tickets for 10 years and gave them up last season. I can pretty much say with 100 percent confidence I would not have kept my tickets just because GareBare offered me $70 in stadium discounts, etc.

For the fans who continue to buy tickets ... get ready for some dismal Iowa football. People don't realize how far South we have gone. That Tennessee game was like watching an NFL team play a junior college team. We are slow ... Too many walk ons ... Kirk is running this program into the ground and he will continue to do so ... This will only get worse folks ... This past season (and the upcoming season)will see Iowa with its easiest schedule in my lifetime ... Yet, we we flopped ... In 2016 the big boys start to come back onto the schedule ... For any of you who think Iowa football will bounce back or is in good shape ... ask yourself this: What will Ohio State and Michigan do to us the next time we play them? The game is changing ... We used to be the Wisky and MSU of the conference. Now we are the Minnesota and Northwestern ...

For the koolaid drinkers: What makes you think Iowa football is going to get any better? Our recent recruiting classes? Our recent coordinator hires? Kirk's game-day coaching?

I am all about "supporting your team" ... but blind loyalty can also be a misgiving. Iowa football is a very average product ... Kirk made it that way. GareBare allows it to continue that way ... So as fans ... why do YOU continue to support a coach and AD who basically thumbs their noses at you ... GareBare already told fans Kirk is his guy and he is sticking with him ... The same AD who botched the Lick hire in BBall ... The same AD who gave Kirk one of the most unheard of ironclad contracts in college coaching ...

Keep filling Kinnick ... Because as long as you do, GareBare will walking the sidelines and Kirk will be right on the sideline smacking his gum and writing in his little notepad ... When you think about it .. it's really pretty embarrassing we still have Kirk as a coach ... a guy who is still one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in college football and in the last 4 years we have been nothing more than a 40th or so program ...At ANY OTHER major school .. both GareBare and Kirk would have been out on their can .. This year would have been the last straw ... Nope, not at Iowa ... because at Iowa we have a forgiving fanbase made up of too many people who like to say: "Careful what you wish for ..." Well, in the real world ... in the corporate world ... Kirk would never be allowed to keep his job based on his recent performance ... Me? The U of I won't see a dime from me until both Garebare and Kirk are gone ...

Originally posted by DesMoinesHawki:
Lots of problems going on in Iowa City. I said this last season this will only continue to get worse before it gets better. Barta is a joke as an AD ... They rode the gravy train too long because Kinnick was always full ... Well, with the .500, stale program that has taken the field the past 4 seasons, it was only a matter of time before problems would begin to arise.

Unfortunately, too many Iowa fans will continue to renew their tickets because they honestly don't really care if Iowa is 10-2 or 6-6 ... They go for the "environment" and it beats sitting at home in Webster City on a Fall afternoon.

Iowa's marketing and PR is horrendous. Always has been. Knee-jerk reactions ... Silly promotions ... Worthless promotions ... I had season tickets for 10 years and gave them up last season. I can pretty much say with 100 percent confidence I would not have kept my tickets just because GareBare offered me $70 in stadium discounts, etc.

For the fans who continue to buy tickets ... get ready for some dismal Iowa football. People don't realize how far South we have gone. That Tennessee game was like watching an NFL team play a junior college team. We are slow ... Too many walk ons ... Kirk is running this program into the ground and he will continue to do so ... This will only get worse folks ... This past season (and the upcoming season)will see Iowa with its easiest schedule in my lifetime ... Yet, we we flopped ... In 2016 the big boys start to come back onto the schedule ... For any of you who think Iowa football will bounce back or is in good shape ... ask yourself this: What will Ohio State and Michigan do to us the next time we play them? The game is changing ... We used to be the Wisky and MSU of the conference. Now we are the Minnesota and Northwestern ...

For the koolaid drinkers: What makes you think Iowa football is going to get any better? Our recent recruiting classes? Our recent coordinator hires? Kirk's game-day coaching?

I am all about "supporting your team" ... but blind loyalty can also be a misgiving. Iowa football is a very average product ... Kirk made it that way. GareBare allows it to continue that way ... So as fans ... why do YOU continue to support a coach and AD who basically thumbs their noses at you ... GareBare already told fans Kirk is his guy and he is sticking with him ... The same AD who botched the Lick hire in BBall ... The same AD who gave Kirk one of the most unheard of ironclad contracts in college coaching ...

Keep filling Kinnick ... Because as long as you do, GareBare will walking the sidelines and Kirk will be right on the sideline smacking his gum and writing in his little notepad ... When you think about it .. it's really pretty embarrassing we still have Kirk as a coach ... a guy who is still one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in college football and in the last 4 years we have been nothing more than a 40th or so program ...At ANY OTHER major school .. both GareBare and Kirk would have been out on their can .. This year would have been the last straw ... Nope, not at Iowa ... because at Iowa we have a forgiving fanbase made up of too many people who like to say: "Careful what you wish for ..." Well, in the real world ... in the corporate world ... Kirk would never be allowed to keep his job based on his recent performance ... Me? The U of I won't see a dime from me until both Garebare and Kirk are gone ...
791395.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT