ADVERTISEMENT

Students should get on board.

IllQChawk

HR All-American
May 29, 2001
It appears that the Sacramento fans have embraced Keegan and every time Keegan scores, the announcer says "basket by Keegan" or "3 point basket by Keegan", and the fans reply with "Murray".
Never heard that being done in the NBA before.
Wouldn't it be cool if the Iowa students would do the same with Kris? If only they would get on board.....

Sure. And maybe if the dozen or so of them who are at the game all did it simultaneously it might even be heard.

Reactions: hooper56
It appears that the Sacramento fans have embraced Keegan and every time Keegan scores, the announcer says "basket by Keegan" or "3 point basket by Keegan", and the fans reply with "Murray".
Never heard that being done in the NBA before.
Wouldn't it be cool if the Iowa students would do the same with Kris? If only they would get on board.....
That would require the students to execute some collaboration and I sadly doubt that can happen. Today's student are all about me, me, me!

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Well last year we had the 4th pick in the NBA draft playing for us and recently his brother had game stats that haven't been equaled since Kevin Durant. I would say that is about as exciting as you could ask for.

Great players, no doubt. But team overall not so much.

We won 26 games last year. How many wins would it take for you to be impressed?

Winning the Big tourney finally was nice. How about a serious regular season big title or a final 4 run. That will fill the arena , it’s been awhile.

Maybe we get a couple more wins if we get the students excited. I still say free tickets and whatever we need to do starting now.

I think the point is many schools have a lot poorer teams than the Hawks yet they fill their student ticket seats every game. Our students don't care about basketball. Sad but true.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Winning the Big tourney finally was nice. How about a serious regular season big title or a final 4 run. That will fill the arena , it’s been awhile.
Hell, at this point even just a Sweet Sixteen this century would be nice.

Reactions: dekhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT