ADVERTISEMENT

Study says school masking wasn't associated lower covid cases

Let me guess, you’re super religious and spend most of your time being ignorantly judgmental.
Atheist. Call it like I see it. Is it ok to lie to the public about their safety in order to secure supplies to protect a select group of people? Just a yes or no please.

Atheist. Call it like I see it. Is it ok to lie to the public about their safety in order to secure supplies to protect a select group of people? Just a yes or no please.
They told people not to buy N95 so they could be given to healthcare workers. It wasn’t some hidden agenda. Look at articles from then it was clearly explained why. In central Iowa all hospitals were asking for N95 donations from the public because they were in short supply. And only those with direct patient care to Covid-19 were allowed to use them.

They also wrongly thought the virus spread more via droplets and fomites, but over time that proved to be wrong. It wasn’t wrong at the time.

They told people not to buy N95 so they could be given to healthcare workers. It wasn’t some hidden agenda. Look at articles from then it was clearly explained why. In central Iowa all hospitals were asking for N95 donations from the public because they were in short supply. And only those with direct patient care to Covid-19 were allowed to use them.

They also wrongly thought the virus spread more via droplets and fomites, but over time that proved to be wrong. It wasn’t wrong at the time.
That doesn’t add up. It’s a defendable position to lie to the public. You don’t want 0 doctors available to treat patients because they’re all infected. Overall deaths could skyrocket. It has the appearance of deceit when it has been clear for years that n95s offer substantial protection. Idc personally, but I’d be pissed if I was in a vulnerable class of people. It appears nefarious. I’m more upset with the about face than anything else. 2 years later, the only thing that’s effective is an n95? Seriously?

Just because you have no science background to understand what epidemiology is about doesn't mean it is "useless". It means you're an idiot.
I have had enough. I have two majors in Biology and Chemistry. I also taught. Anatomy and philosophy as a grad student. I am not at epidemiologist but I think I can hold my own. What do you do where you think you can bash any opinion on science other than yours? Did you take some earth science classes?
And it hasn't been reviewed; it's a pre-print.

Neither author appears to hold any experience, whatsoever, in the area.
Just a few red flags, but just look at the MAGAs flock to it!!!!

Hey Joe, I have a double major in Biology and chemistry. I also taught anatomy and physiology in grad school. Are you saying that kids wearing cloth masks except when they drank their milk and had snack reduced Covid?

But you were on with bad studies telling us to wear masks even if cloth masks. LOL
Well, since you still can't understand what those studies were saying I'm not shocked you thought they were bad. I'm not going to engage in a useless debate you will refuse to understand anyway. Maybe you should go see a therapist about the trauma that you suffered from being forced to wear a mask in some places.

Umm. because children were unable to see facial expressions from their peers and teachers for 2 years? You are such a simpleton to not realize many kids have been changed due to this. My kids had to be prodded to take off their masks due to their teachers telling them it prevented them from getting Covid if they kept theirs on. Never mind that other people were t wearing them.
LOL. Hardly. Sounds like you are confusing smart phones with masks.

Basic common sense told us masks don’t prevent a virus from spreading. It’s nice to finally have data to prove it to those that have been pushing this nonsense for two years.
Cloth masks. N95 and kn95 do an excellent job and preventing the spread of viruses.

You use pure data analysis to support your arguments all the time. Ýou attempted to do that with "excess deaths" to say Covid was under reported. This study simply expanded the CDC study
Excess deaths mean Covid deaths underreported? LMAO. Do you have a link while I grab some popcorn?

On the contrary, you did not address the article

I did address the article; one author has apparently ONLY this paper as a scientific/medical publication.

There are dozens of papers in the literature showing masks reduced transmission; inclusive of the observation that flu nearly vanished during those mitigations.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, so how about we wait until some actual epidemiologists and scientists review this and see what the actual, final version says. As of this moment it is not published.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
I guess you'd think that if you didn't want to deal with an issue like school shootings. You know, something that actually does cause trauma to students.
Do you enjoy playing Simon says with idiot local politicians? You like authority? Can’t make your own decisions? Nothing wrong with saying yes, world needs plenty of sheep.

I have had enough. I have two majors in Biology and Chemistry. I also taught. Anatomy and philosophy as a grad student. I am not at epidemiologist but I think I can hold my own.
Maybe you should read what he actually posted.

This study simply expanded the CDC study

No

These folks CLAIM to have used the same methods.
Neither demonstrating the credentials of a biostatistician or epidemiologist that I'd expect to see on something like this.

Yet, here you are, "all in" on another "ivermectin" craze...

Our resident MAGAs here seem to have forgotten how all those "Ivermectin" pre-prints turned out....

🤣 🤣 🤣
@Pinehawk and myself are big time MAGAs buddy. Hardcore MAGAs. Ultra MAGAs. Seriously, that’s all you offer when someone disagrees with your nonsense.

Um…it does primarily spread through droplets. In can theoretically spread through airborne transmission, but we are not sure how much it actually spreads that way. And they knew from the very start it was not spread through surface contact; people just ignored that fact because scrubbing surfaces made them feel like they were accomplishing something.

The fact that none of this is well understood to this day demonstrates the dismal job the CDC and our media have done.

As for masks, absolutely one of the reasons (excuses) given early on for not wearing masks was that they weren’t effective - partially because lay people would not wear them correctly, partially because they were afraid it would give people a false sense of security.

Could someone explain to me what the sentence means that starts with “School districts that choose…”? That doesn’t read like some of you think it says. I could be wrong.

I also know we were back to going through a bunch of kleenex, less colds, kids were out sick, stomach bug going around last 2 weeks when none of that happened the mask mandate year. So normal. I don’t want to go back to masks, but you have a hard time convincing a lot of teachers that masks weren’t keeping kids from passing germs around to each other.
100% this.

Um…it does primarily spread through droplets. In can theoretically spread through airborne transmission, but we are not sure how much it actually spreads that way. And they knew from the very start it was not spread through surface contact; people just ignored that fact because scrubbing surfaces made them feel like they were accomplishing something.

The fact that none of this is well understood to this day demonstrates the dismal job the CDC and our media have done.

As for masks, absolutely one of the reasons (excuses) given early on for not wearing masks was that they weren’t effective - partially because lay people would not wear them correctly, partially because they were afraid it would give people a false sense of security.
Thanks for your February 2021 breakdown on Covid transmission.

CDC isn’t flawless but they have done a mostly good job given the army of anti-science Covid deniers they have had to fight along the way. Anyone who has some background in public health policy can understand the steps they took.

Your judgement of their knowledge at the beginning of the pandemic is flat wrong. We were using Chinese papers for our own policies. You should email those experts boarding the diamond princess wearing Hazmat suits and tell them how silly they were since they knew it didn’t spread through fomites.

Thanks for your February 2021 breakdown on Covid transmission.

CDC isn’t flawless but they have done a mostly good job given the army of anti-science Covid deniers they have had to fight along the way. Anyone who has some background in public health policy can understand the steps they took.

Your judgement of their knowledge at the beginning of the pandemic is flat wrong. We were using Chinese papers for our own policies. You should email those experts boarding the diamond princess wearing Hazmat suits and tell them how silly they were since they knew it didn’t spread through fomites.

I read the CDC’s web site in April 2020, and it indicated surface contact was not considered to be a significant factor, nor was food preparation. But we keep sanitizing surfaces to this day.

And they were correct that it does primarily spread through droplets, their guidance on that subject is also unchanged. They also knew it was not spread outdoors, but for whatever reason have also ways chosen to downplay that fact.

We knew a great deal about transmission in spring of 2020. Our policies and behavior simply never aligned well with that knowledge, as our actions were fear-based, not fact-based. As they continue to be.

I read the CDC’s web site in April 2020, and it indicated surface contact was not considered to be a significant factor, nor was food preparation. But we keep sanitizing surfaces to this day.

And they were correct that it does primarily spread through droplets, their guidance on that subject is also unchanged. They also knew it was not spread outdoors, but for whatever reason have also ways chosen to downplay that fact.

We knew a great deal about transmission in spring of 2020. Our policies and behavior simply never aligned well with that knowledge, as our actions were fear-based, not fact-based. As they continue to be.
You work in food prep?

A 20 year old account with less than 100 posts…what’s your story bread?

Can't believe this thread is at 115+ posts. This data isn't surprising at all.

Why don't you ask your doctor? He will tell that is exactly why RSV and the flu disappeared. Heck, ask anyone that works in a clinic or hospital.
That would mean doctors would agree with what we teachers observed. He could never admit to our evidence as being valid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT