ADVERTISEMENT

Stump that town - name a town in Iowa noone on this board has been

Eyowahawks - My brothers are Tim and Tony. Which one do you know?

I've been to N Buena Visa, but not Waupeton. There's not much to Wapeton, is there?

Tim. I graduated with him. He also lived with Jaime for a little while. Click on my user profile. You can also go to the Legendary Threads Forum and look at the pictures.

And there's nothing in Waupeton, although my mom grew up there.
This post was edited on 12/3 6:51 PM

I have been to the following(that have been mentioned so far):
Delta
Rose Hill
What Cheer
Parnell(anyone that went to a SICL school would have played in the BARN! LOL)
Conroy
Guersney
Keswick
Brooklyn
Malcom

Hey chaneccooms...you said you played against Harper teams. Have you ever been there? I bet NO ONE has ever been to Harper. 4 blocks by 4 blocks. Total population=100. That's where I like to call home! :)

are you talking about Waupeton or Wahpeton? been to the latter

how about these:

Superior
Dickens
Britt
Ruthven
Armstong
Sioux Center
Grundy Center

Bolan, just northwest of the big city of Grafton and not to far from the Tri Cities of Mona, Otranto, and Toeterville. And of course not far to the east is the great city of Meyer. All great metro areas in their own right.

Waupeton. Didn't know there was a Wahpeton. Waupeton is in the extreme northeast corner of Dubuque County. It's a tiny river hamlet of maybe 100 people. Maybe.

My ex-girlfriend's grandparents lived in Grundy Center.

Waupeton's cool. I wish I had a 'Where the hell's Waupeton?' bumper sticker.
Beunie's cool too.

Has anyone been to Craig, IA? That's my first name and I've always wondered what it's like.

Played baseball against Braddyville and Essex.

Went to funerals in Victor and Early.

Also have been to Randall, Gilbert, Scotch Grove, Keystone, Newhall, Blairstown, Van Horne, Story City, Roland, Avoca, Villisca, Farragut, Oakland.

Kevin

I've been to Buffalo Center, Titanka, Rake, Joice, Fertile

How about

Scarville, Lakota, Kamrar, Manly, Kensett, Rowen, Klemme,

Re: Anyone been to Cumming?

Yep, I have the Tshirt. Did they ever make more...I could use a few more. I still love Cumming.

Originally posted by NIhawk:
I've been to Buffalo Center, Titanka, Rake, Joice, Fertile

How about

Scarville, Lakota, Kamrar, Manly, Kensett, Rowen, Klemme,

I've been to Manly (lots of Amish people). Also, I've been to Belmont but not Klemme, and Northwood but not Kensett.

Have you been to Colwell NIHawk?

Ragbrai-ers.....

How about TALLYRAND!!!!?

Who remembers THAT party? Jay 'the MilkMan' Strief...where art Thou??

I think someone already mentioned Mt Hamil, another Ragbrai legend town...

It's just a little town of a hundred people. North and a couple miles east of Charles City. 3 blocks of houses, a grain elevator, a volunteer fire dept, and a bar that's it. My mom's one of the bartenders at the bar. The Colwell Tap & Grill.

I only asked becuase that was my stumper earlier but no one responded. Since you were from North Iowa I thought there might be a chance.

Re: Ragbrai-ers.....

Joes-
Tally-HO is just a few miles from where I grew up!! Gotta love the good ol Tally-HO!!

Haven't seen many south central Iowa towns (villages?) named.

Allerton
Clio
Lineville (got fireworks?)
Milo
Promise City
Sewell
Millerton

Hawkgirl24

Uh....were you at the Tallyrand Ragbrai Bus party......cuz.....uh....I really just HEARD about it more than really being there.....and I didn't mingle w/ any locals or any women...none...and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!!

Re: Hawkgirl24

Nope I wasn't. I don't make it back home too often, which is pretty sad since it's only like 45 minutes away. Could always count on Tally-Ho for a little underage drink a few years back. Now I don't have to worry about that. LOL One of my friends from high school, her parents used to own it. That place goes through new owners like crazy. I think it's now called "Reds Talleyrand". My little brother rode Ragbrai though, I thought he was crazy...but that crazy shit made it all the way across.

Re: Hawkgirl24

Originally posted by iahawkgirl24:
Nope I wasn't. I don't make it back home too often, which is pretty sad since it's only like 45 minutes away. Could always count on Tally-Ho for a little underage drink a few years back. Now I don't have to worry about that. LOL One of my friends from high school, her parents used to own it. That place goes through new owners like crazy. I think it's now called "Reds Talleyrand". My little brother rode Ragbrai though, I thought he was crazy...but that crazy shit made it all the way across.

Donkey: carrot, dangling on a string, from a pole...
Ragbrai Rider: Beer, chilled, in a cooler, at the next barstop...

It's all about the proper motivation...

Got a couple teenie-weinies in my family history - my mom grew up on a farm just north of Fiscus and I lived for a couple years in Moingona - a little backwater town on the Des Moines River.

iahawkgirl24

I think i hold the career scoring record at "The Barn" ;-) That should tell you where i went to school. And yes, I played at Harper in Pony League. I remember they didn't have a fence to their outfield, so if you hit the ball by the outfielder, it was going to be rolling for a while. I also remember they were the only team in our Pony League that had girls on their team. I gave one of my friends who was a pitcher a load of crap because we were leading on Harper something like 24-5 and he had to eventually be pulled because he almost gave up the lead - and most of the hits were by the girls.
This post was edited on 12/3 9:07 PM

Re: iahawkgirl24

Has anyone been to the Buenie picnic on Labor Day weekend? Before it went dry it was quite the beerfeast...

Re: BJAHawk

Lincoln has that cool "Lincoln: next fit exits" sign as you go on the road to the the little town.

Grew up five minutes from Dysart and that place has nothing.

And yes, as someone said, Gladbrook Reinbeck does suck and it was always enjoyable beating the piss out of them in everything. I always hated them.

Metuo

I'm not sure about Grant Wood, to be honest.

I grew up in Whittier, just outside of Springville. Well, I might as well say I lived just outside of Whittier and grew up in Springville, Whittier is the unincorporated "suburb" of Springville.

Back in the day there might have been a school in Whittier, but when I was growing up (and still to this day) the only "things" in Whittier are a church, a community center and an abandoned old gas station.

Supposedly Whittier is where "the Quakers" hung out, but I never saw any of them darn buggies. ;-) (joke, fellas, joke).

Grew up in Forest City so I have drank many beers along the back roads of North Iowa.

Here's a few Dike, Leland, Rudd, and one just across the boarder so technically not Iowa but close enough Emmons. Ahhhh Emmons, $4 case of Hauenstein at State Line liquors, and a girl named Anna who made a man of me.

Chane

They now have "Harper Days". Do you know how freaking funny that is??? I mean COME on! We have 100 people! But hell people in that area, any excuse to get together is a good enough reason. As for the 'Barn', I think every school had their 'barn'. I know we had one at Keota too! What years did you play Pony League against Harper teams? I remember when I was playing Little League and I was in 7th grade...it was so exciting because we were actually going to play a game at the Harper Field. (Which was kind of neat since I lived right down the street) Leave it to MY luck that I got chicken pox when I was 13! So, I missed the game. :( I have had many memories on that diamond though. I was hit on the side of the head by a 300 pound boy when I was in 6th grade. Few stitches in the ear. Wouldn't have been so bad, but my mom told me NOT to leave the house when she left home. So, what do I do? I leave, and get hit in the head with a bat. LOL

Joe's-Yeah good motivation for some, but that was the motivation for a 17 year old! He is a crazy kid, gotta love him!

Dundee!!!

Who on Ragbrai remembers Dundee???

"We are closing at 5 PM today.....RAGBRAI has told us we must close the band and beer tent of the RAGBRAI party as of 5 PM"

"At 5:01 PM we are starting the Dundee Days celebration! Dundee Days will be open until 11 PM"

(HUGE cheer goes up)

Re: Dundee!!!

The Buenie Picnic went dry long before I could partake. My brothers had stories, though.

Go up a hill. Drink 25% of the liquor in the county. Fall down hill. See you next year.

Greeley Days got bad for a couple of years there, too.

Re: Dundee!!!

Dundee! Dundee was great. But I recall they had Cops standing around when the slip and slide came out to make sure no nudity ensued.

What overnight was Dundee just outside of? Manchester?

Re: Chane

The only thing worse than having a "Harper Days" would be having a giant beach party in the middle of a field in Iowa. Oh wait...my town did that already :-( I remember Kinross had a Barn...i guess we must have played a junior high game or something there...i don't know what else i would have been doing there. We joked that the name of the place was the Kin-Dome. My last year of Pony League would have been 1987.

Re: multiple-sorry

I've been to Lebanon. Even stopped at the stop sign there once and got a 2 year old juice from the grocery store.

Re: .....

Teeds Grove?
Andover?
Bryant?
Miles?
Hauntown?

I live in sabula and go to school in miles :)

Re: .....Colwell

I know right where that is. Great little town used to have a hell of a softball team called Colwell Park. Pass through Elma and Alta Vista on the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT