Here's some more I thought of.

Kneirum

Beaver

Badger

Truesdale

Cushing

Jamacia

Panama

Beaver - what a classic town name. Wouldn't you love to be their rival? Think of all the funny chants you could yell at them.

Stumptown and Cotter. Now there are two towns the average person doesn't hear every day - or have any idea where they are.

Cotter made Wikipedia.

As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 48 people, 19 households, and 14 families residing in the city. The population density was 80.6/km² (205.3/mi²). There were 19 housing units at an average density of 31.9/km² (81.2/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 85.42% White, 4.17% African American, 10.42% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.58% of the population.

This post was edited on 1/15 6:45 PM by Metuo Accipiterif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Cotter

Some more from NW Iowa:

Cylinder, Fenton, Lone Rock, Groover

I'll be impressed if many know of these:

De Pew, Osgood, Lotts Creek (not sure if they are actually considered a town anymore, but they either have a church or an elevator)

Gruver is how it is spelled. I have played baseball or softball in each one of those towns.

Originally posted by iafb18:

Originally posted by fmradio:
Oh I'm not saying they haven't but just haven't seen em noted

Saw Aplington but no Parkersburg.

Here's some more I thought of.

Kneirum

Beaver

Badger

Truesdale

Cushing

Jamacia

Panama

Actually went to a wedding reception in Jamaica Iowa (tons of fun)

How bout Ritter, Ia it is between Sibley and Sheldon. Population I believe is currently 13.

Re: multiple-sorry

Grew up in Maple river Junction,Carroll County.

How about Nemaha,Early,Ulmer,Dedham,Willey,Lidderdale,Mount Carmel.

Re: A new one not previously mentioned...

Can someone with a lot of extra time please summarize and list all the towns already mentioned. It would make it a lot easier for the rest of us.

Oneida or Buck Creek (Delaware County)? Not sure if they show up on the cencus though. The sign outside Buck Creek says population 32.

Here are some small towns I have played baseball in: Petersburg, Placid, Balltown, Holy Cross, Goose Lake and New Vienna.

Percival
Bartlett
Coin
McPaul
Payne
Hamburg
Sidney
Tabor
Farragut
College Springs
New Market
Malvern
Randolph
Riverton
Essex
Coburg

Reactions: SATHAWKEYE
Didn't want to go through 13 pages of this but most people probably dont know that there is actually a town West Okoboji in itself.

ADVERTISEMENT