ADVERTISEMENT

Stump that town - name a town in Iowa noone on this board has been

ive been to luzerne, ive live 20 minutes from dewar and i actually live in fairbank. how bout oran or klinger.

Tenville, Iowa....Population of 20 and isn't even on the map. It is located on Highway 71 in southwest Iowa between Atlantic and Clarinda and just miles from the famed AXE MURDER town of Villisca.

Yes, I have been to Lineville, Iowa countless times. It is my Mom's hometown and we still have family there. Very small town. I enjoy visiting, but could not adjust to living in that size of town after living in Davenport for most of my life.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Every year on RAGBRAI I go through a lot of towns I never knew existed. I'm wondering if there is a town out there that is only know by one poster (basically unknown). Who can be the first to stump the board!?!? Odds are that town will be in western Iowa.

Only rule: It has to be a town that would show up on the Census (is incorporated)

I'll start with an easy one. Anyone ever been to Holstein, Iowa?
This post was edited on 12/4 12:41 PM

Tinville

Reactions: SATHAWKEYE
Re: PoDunk Towns

It was my understanding from a girl that went to Titonka that they had there own school but had to go to another school which may well be North Iowa to play sports. She said she was one of 3 or 4 that graduated that year and it was very much like a one room school house in a steel barn like you find on some farms. At least that was the illusion I got.

Played football and Basketball against Titonka in Tik, as I remember Tik had a block school building. Now Rake had a Big metal quonset where the basketball court was at, mercury lights that gave everything a green tint including the people, really weird place. Ledyard could be the other team that makes up North Iowa. All schools of the old State Line Conference. (Lincoln Central) Which includes Dolliver, Maple Hill and Gruver, where I grew up, Armstrong, Ringsted, Swea City, Rake, Lakota, Ledyard, Titonka, Thompson, Sentral of Fenton, Burt and Woden-Crystal Lake. I may be wrong on the Quonset, I think it was in Burt not Rake. To many years ago.;)

Last edited:
I've been to Balltown (Little League, Breitbachs Restaurant)
I've been to Bankston (One of my best friends is from there)
I've been to Graf

How about these two:

Waupeton, IA
North Buena Vista, IA

Oh, and Jesse Schieltz, I think I know your brother.

Anyone that has been up to the Iowa Great Lakes has probably been through Waupeton and Orleans too for that matter. Both around the Spirit Lake area. How about Montgomery, Curlew, Rodman, Dickens, Cylinder or even Fenton which also belonged to the old State Line Conf. School know as Sentral of Fenton. I see I am talking about the wrong Whapton, I do remember now about hearing about 2 different ones, spelled different.

Last edited:
Ballhawk

Everly Cattlefeeders??? Are you serious? That was a school name? I would have liked to see the mascot.
This post was edited on 12/4 8:48 AM

One of the best female basketball players in Iowa girls history came out of Everly, Janette Olson, state champs when it was a one class field, know lives in E'ville, Iowa.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtown66
Re: BJAHawk

Originally posted by ISUfan98:
Dysart
Garwin
Lincoln
Spring Hill
Ocheyedan
Keswick
Napier

I grew up about 2 minutes out side of Lincoln. I can see it from my parents back window when I'm home. Also, played Garwin in every sport growing up.

So did you go to Gladbrook or Reinbeck? Or did you go to school after they merged

Reactions: Hoover09
Not sure if these have been mentioned:

Sharpsburg
Conway
Stringtown
Kent
Cromwell
Maloy
Delphos
Northboro
Siam
Athelstan