Stratford
Lehigh
Kamrar
Burnside
Calendar
Somers
Paton
Churdan

Funny story : Former Iowa Assistant A.D. Mark Jennings got married as a young man and the local newspaper ran the marriage announcement article with the headline : Manley Man Marries Fertile Woman

Reactions: lonewolf52
Fraser
Jordan
Dayton
Stratford
Lehigh
Kamrar
Burnside
Calendar
Somers
Paton
Churdan

Funny story : Former Iowa Assistant A.D. Mark Jennings got married as a young man and the local newspaper ran the marriage announcement article with the headline : Manley Man Marries Fertile Woman

As a northeast Iowa boy, my dad has been telling that story for years

Fraser
Jordan
Dayton
Stratford
Lehigh
Kamrar
Burnside
Calendar
Somers
Paton
Churdan

Must be from Ft. Dodge area? Don't know if it's been listed yet by I'll see those and raise you Evanston

Yeah my wife graduated from Webster City and all of her relation is from that area. That and I went to Iowa Central. IIRC wasn't there an abduction from Dayton that ended very tragically a few years ago?

As an aside to towns listed in this thread, I grew up outside of North Buena Vista, Whaupeton is just down the river, Used to road trip through Graham, and used to drive through Graf to go skiing at Sundown

Yes, a convicted sexual predator who was working at hog confinement facilities abducted 2 young girls from Dayton . One excaped and one didn't and was finally found in the Des Moines River near Fraser. Very sad story.
I'd rather remember Dayton for their annual Labor Day Rodeo, Stanhope for Watermelon Days in August, Gowrie for their 4th of July Celebration, Stratford for their Appreciation Days celebration in July and the county fairs in Boone and Webster City. I remember Ft. Dodge for the Top Hat.

Yeah. Top Hat used to have really good pizza. And Tom Thumb's for a cheese burger. And Dayton rodeo, comparable to Edgewood rodeo, smaller town.

Fraser
Jordan
Dayton
Stratford
Lehigh
Kamrar
Burnside
Calendar
Somers
Paton
Churdan

That announcement ran in the Globe Gazette. I had a buddy from Fertile and Manly. It made it to Jay Leno's Headlines.

ADVERTISEMENT