ADVERTISEMENT

Stump that town - name a town in Iowa noone on this board has been

Re: I've been to Bankston.

I've been to Grahm - I grew up north of Luxemburg and didn't know it existed until about two years ago.

Originally posted by bihtime:
Anyone been to Conesville? They used to have a great mexican restaurant there. Can't remember the name.

I belive it was El Churro

Anyone been to Cumming?

By buddy has a hat that says 'I Love Cumming'

The bank there gave them out. I believe it's Senator Harkin's home town.

Zwingle
Bernard
Fillmore
Miles
Garnavillo
Amber
Spragueville
LaMotte

Re: PoDunk Towns

Titonka

Buffalo Center

Only if you add Rake & Lakota. (Plus one more, I think, to get "North Iowa High School")

chaneccooms

I have a lot of relatives in that cemetary in Holbrook. So, I know where Parnell is. And I also have been to the bar in Wyndham!

Metuo

HAHA! I was going to mention Wyndham! My step-dad used to live there. I was just in a wedding at the Hobrook church a couple summers ago.

It was my understanding from a girl that went to Titonka that they had there own school but had to go to another school which may well be North Iowa to play sports. She said she was one of 3 or 4 that graduated that year and it was very much like a one room school house in a steel barn like you find on some farms. At least that was the illusion I got.

Anybody ever heard of Storm Lake. Man, that town is a real sh*thole.

Put Whittier, Viola, Waubeek, Stone City and Martelle together and you might have an incorporated town. Might as well throw Prairieburg in there as well.

RIP PrairieMoon Ball Room.

BJAHawk

Stone City is where Grant Wood is from - correct? And I have heard of Whittier school, but don't remember why.

Re: RAGBRAIers...

Yes to Jewell and Stanhope .... Stanhope has a great meat locker

Re: Orestes

Originally posted by Metuo Accipiter:
I remember a group of us driving through Morrison on a cross-country trip from Ames to Cedar Falls - had to stop at every bar we drove by. Can't remember if there was a bar in that town.

Dike's too easy. 8^)
There's a bar in Morrison called The Shack. My best friends parents used to own the restaurant there, The MorrisInn.

Re: conesville - close to the Thirsty Camel

El Charo? Isn't that the name?? I think it closed
-------------------------------------

A mexican place called El Charo- that's funny

Cloudhawk= How was your burrito sir, a little well done?

Re: BJAHawk

Originally posted by ISUfan98:
Dysart
Garwin
Lincoln
Spring Hill
Ocheyedan
Keswick
Napier

I grew up about 2 minutes out side of Lincoln. I can see it from my parents back window when I'm home. Also, played Garwin in every sport growing up.

Actually, my Little League/Pony League schedule was full of obscure towns: Kinross, Harper, What Cheer, Parnell, Conroy, North English, Keswick, etc.

Cross off Balltown - I've been there. We usually played in their Little Leauge torney, so I've played ball in Balltown.

Originally posted by SousyHawk:
So, if people have done RAGBRAI, has anyone done "BRR" (The Bike Ride to Rippey?)
Now you're getting close to my neck of the woods. I would be very surprised if anyone here has been in Farlin, IA. I spent my early childhood growing up on a farm about 3 miles north of Farlin.

Gray

Seriously doubt any of you have been there. If you have, then you know why.

How about Pershing? Its in Marion county. Or Harvey? I may be one of the few on this board that has ever been to Red Rock. What's left of it is now under water, but I've been there. Of course, prior to its drowning. Or Melcher? Or Dallas?

I've been to Bussey. They used to have the best 4th of July parade. I've also been to Delta and Rose Hill. I don't think I've ever been in the other 2.

Re: Anyone been to Cumming?

I just moved from Cumming to Jersey. Since my wife is still there (until the house sells), I'm not living up to the name.

Anyone want to buy a house?

ISU fan and BMC2

grew up in Garwin
been to lincoln and gladbrook a ton of times
used to get my hair cut in gladbrook
and ate in a resturant in lincoln with my grandparents

always enjoied beating gladbrook
graduated in 1995

green mountain (may not be incorporated)
dysart
morrison
chapin (sp)
thorton
beaman
liscomb
gilman

someone mentioned eldora earlier
been there many times

Re: Lamotte

I've been there. Even brought my own beer :)

I have also been to Bernard Zwingle Filmore and Garnivillo.

Somewhere on 151 South of Dubuque there is a barn that has Hempstead, Iowa painted on it and an itty population. Anyone know what that is about?

I know Spring Hill pretty well. I grew up by there and went floating down the Middle River (on rafts) right through Spring Hill this summer.

My aunt lives right outside of Swan.

I've stopped at the Casey's in What Cheer.

How about these?

Cool
Wick
Beech
Scotch Ridge (not incorp. or unincorp., but still shows on maps)
Rose Hill
Orilla
Medora
Amishtown

I've been to Balltown (Little League, Breitbachs Restaurant)
I've been to Bankston (One of my best friends is from there)
I've been to Graf

How about these two:

Waupeton, IA
North Buena Vista, IA

Oh, and Jesse Schieltz, I think I know your brother.

Spinning Bird

my gramps used to own the school in Rossie, which merged with Everly and several other one-horse towns.

Originally posted by SIRHAWKALOT:
Gray

Seriously doubt any of you have been there. If you have, then you know why.

I've been to Gray. Yes, I do know why.
I've also been to Gillett Grove, Varina, Rossie, Knoke & Pisgah.
Has anyone been to Sulphur Springs?
Washta or Quimby?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT