ADVERTISEMENT

Subscriptions Everywhere

A

anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt

The major grocery chain here now has an annual subscription program. Seems like every freaking business has one nowadays. AMC, Panera, crafts, cookies, wines etc

Do you subscribe to any (besides streaming services) and which ones?

The major grocery chain here now has an annual subscription program. Seems like every freaking business has one nowadays. AMC, Panera, crafts, cookies, wines etc

Do you subscribe to any (besides streaming services) and which ones?

I have a subscription with Life Lock for identity protection.

My doctors office is also a subscription based deal. They don't want to hassle with insurance since it's such a huge pain in the ass. I pay a monthly fee and for that, I have 24/7 access to my doctor. I can call, text or email him any time with fast turnaround. I can make same day appointments with no waiting. Anything they can treat at their office is free of charge. My annual physical is also free. For someone like me that HATED going to the doctor because of all the wasted time, it helps tremendously. I was on vacation in California five years ago and my heart was going bananas. I immediately called my doctor and he ran me through some questions and then recommended I go to the ER. Turns out I have A-Fib and my heart was out of rhythm and I had to have the paddles to get shocked back into rhythm. I won't be changing doctors any time soon.

Reactions: Moral
I have a subscription with Life Lock for identity protection.

My doctors office is also a subscription based deal. They don't want to hassle with insurance since it's such a huge pain in the ass. I pay a monthly fee and for that, I have 24/7 access to my doctor. I can call, text or email him any time with fast turnaround. I can make same day appointments with no waiting. Anything they can treat at their office is free of charge. My annual physical is also free. For someone like me that HATED going to the doctor because of all the wasted time, it helps tremendously. I was on vacation in California five years ago and my heart was going bananas. I immediately called my doctor and he ran me through some questions and then recommended I go to the ER. Turns out I have A-Fib and my heart was out of rhythm and I had to have the paddles to get shocked back into rhythm. I won't be changing doctors any time soon.

Can I ask how much something like this costs?

Reactions: anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt
Can I ask how much something like this costs?

It's an age based thing. When I was in my 40s, it cost $70/month. When I hit 50 back in April, it went up to $85 and will remain there through my 50's. To some people that seems like a lot, but I use pre-tax dollars to pay for it. I also have a $3,000 deductible so if I were going to a more traditional doctor, I'd be paying out of pocket for everything. I avoid a lot of headaches with this approach. I needed a Covid test a few months ago, got in same day and it was free. I don't have to sit in a waiting room for 30 minutes and then go pull my prick in an examination room for another 30 minutes until the doctor comes in. Another thing I like is that whenever I go in, the doctor will come in and sit down and talk with me about 15-20 minutes about how I'm doing, if there have been any changes, etc. He knows my history and knows it well. I appreciate that and the fact that my time is valued.

It's an age based thing. When I was in my 40s, it cost $70/month. When I hit 50 back in April, it went up to $85 and will remain there through my 50's. To some people that seems like a lot, but I use pre-tax dollars to pay for it. I also have a $3,000 deductible so if I were going to a more traditional doctor, I'd be paying out of pocket for everything. I avoid a lot of headaches with this approach. I needed a Covid test a few months ago, got in same day and it was free. I don't have to sit in a waiting room for 30 minutes and then go pull my prick in an examination room for another 30 minutes until the doctor comes in. Another thing I like is that whenever I go in, the doctor will come in and sit down and talk with me about 15-20 minutes about how I'm doing, if there have been any changes, etc. He knows my history and knows it well. I appreciate that and the fact that my time is valued.

That's actually pretty reasonable.

I wonder why more don't go this approach

That's actually pretty reasonable.

I wonder why more don't go this approach

I'm not sure because for me, it is the difference between going to the doctor rather than avoiding it like the plague. I had to have an early colonoscopy three years ago after something concerning was found during my physical. It was a good thing I did. Then there was whole deal with my heart that I mentioned in an earlier post. If my A-Fib were to go untreated, my risk of stroke or cardiac issue goes up significantly. To just be able to call my doctor and get an immediate answer was extremely helpful, especially after collapsing three times.

Are labs processed in house or out sourced. Because besides labs the only thing my doctor normally charges herself is the fee for the office visit. So $85/month wouldnt work in my favor.

Are labs processed in house or out sourced. Because besides labs the only thing my doctor normally charges herself is the fee for the office visit. So $85/month wouldnt work in my favor.
Labs are outsourced, but the cost is minimal.

ADVERTISEMENT