ADVERTISEMENT

'Subway employee' caught celebrating cop killings on twitter

pepsicock

HR King
May 11, 2006
5 miles from Willams Brice stadium
288A69AB00000578-0-image-a-28_1431292853055.jpg

Scum of the earth

://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3076014/GOT-EM-Mississippi-Subway-employee-caught-celebrating-cop-killings-spurs-mass-calls-boycott-sandwich-chain.html

she got fired, but as much as hate what she said, she might indeed have a first amendment right to say it, unless she signed something at subway saying she wouldn't tweet things like this or termination.

she got fired, but as much as hate what she said, she might indeed have a first amendment right to say it, unless she signed something at subway saying she wouldn't tweet things like this or termination.

She does have a righty to say it. How has her first amendment rights been violated? Was she taken to jail over her comments?

Reactions: beanerhawk
She does have a righty to say it. How has her first amendment rights been violated? Was she taken to jail over her comments?
she will probably bring lawsuit saying they cannot fire her because it costs her money and right to pursue happiness or state laws- right to work or something. good thing she probably was not part of the food services union, they would be all over it. somebody will probably start a "go fund me" and she will make 800K now. ha ha

I'm guessing Sharpton is on the plane now to go support her in person and oprah is writing her a part into her next movie.

She would have done it on her own time might have been different. She has her Subway garb on and really pretty dumb for what she said. She deserved to get fired.

Reactions: IMCC965
She definitely has a right to say it she just does not have a right to decide what the consequences for what she said is.

Last edited:
Reactions: IMCC965
Anybody that boycotts subway over this is an idiot. They should have boycotted years ago over the quality of their food.
The quality of their food, their piss-poor customer service, their bait&switch pricing, and on and on.

Subway is literally the worst fast food chain in America. It's even worse than McDonald's.

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
she will probably bring lawsuit saying they cannot fire her because it costs her money and right to pursue happiness or state laws- right to work or something. good thing she probably was not part of the food services union, they would be all over it. somebody will probably start a "go fund me" and she will make 800K now. ha ha

Most companies will fire you if you do something that negatively impacts their brand.

If she takes off the hat prior to the selfie, she likely would have been untouchable.

This is very negative and a brand was at the forefront; she deserved to get smoked. I doubt any lawsuit will yield any positive retribution for her.

The quality of their food, their piss-poor customer service, their bait&switch pricing, and on and on.

Subway is literally the worst fast food chain in America. It's even worse than McDonald's.

Each fast food joint is only as good as the people making the food. If they care about doing a good job, the food will usually reflect that. I would venture to guess that Subway's in rural Iowa will give you a better sub than one in downtown of a major city. I would also assume this particular Subway is garbage.

Most companies will fire you if you do something that negatively impacts their brand.

If she takes off the hat prior to the selfie, she likely would have been untouchable.

This is very negative and a brand was at the forefront; she deserved to get smoked. I doubt any lawsuit will yield any positive retribution for her.

No subway employee is untouchable.

Each fast food joint is only as good as the people making the food. If they care about doing a good job, the food will usually reflect that. I would venture to guess that Subway's in rural Iowa will give you a better sub than one in downtown of a major city. I would also assume this particular Subway is garbage.
This used to be true, however every subway has gone way downhill IMO. Barely any veggies given anymore, and when you ask for more they roll their eyes and sprinkle slightly more on. I will get a flatizza if subway is the only food available, those aren't bad.

Not sure how this falls on Subway but I do know that Laurel is the a-hole of MS. And MS is the a-hole of the US.

to an extent. the individual employees aren't ordering different meats than their big city counterpart. Small town Iowa is still using a presliced, pre packaged meat, and are supposed to be held to the same portioning standards as any other Subway franchise.

For the person complaining that they have cut their toppings from what they used to, what did you think would happen when they started the $5 footlongs, as well as other aggressive "cheap" specials? Anyone who thinks subway is anything more than filling, has never had a good deli sandwich.

She definitely has a right to say it she just does not have a right to decide what the consequences for what she said is.
This! There is no law against being fat, and stupid but I would assume Subway has a conduct policy which precludes one from doing idiotic things while in uniform and probably on the clock.

Last edited:
She has a right to say whatever she wants without fear of government censorship.

That doesn't save her from being fired for being a dumbass, racist, POS, however.

She has a right to say whatever she wants without fear of government censorship.

That doesn't save her from being fired for being a dumbass, racist, POS, however.
not under bush and Obama and the patriot act. she has no right under this government to talk ill of Obama, and his security force, and his takeover, she may not show up to work tomorrow. it's fine if she speaks ill of cops though. in this America.

not under bush and Obama and the patriot act. she has no right under this government to talk ill of Obama, and his security force, and his takeover, she may not show up to work tomorrow. it's fine if she speaks ill of cops though. in this America.
Well that is quite a leap from the OP.

Oh Ferguson, what have you wrought? And let's not forget conservative hero Zimm's role in creating this kill all the young black men culture.

Zimmerman is a registered democrat and he's Hispanic. You're a liar. Democrats are violent, plain and simple.

Zimmerman is a registered democrat and he's Hispanic. You're a liar. Democrats are violent, plain and simple.

Don't forget the 'media' photoshopping the picture of Zimmerman to make him appear less hispanic and more white to fit their agenda.

The First Amendment applies to government action. Subway is not the government and can fire her for whatever reason they want except for certain reasons such as race etc. she deserved to get fired because she shed a very negative light on her employer.

ADVERTISEMENT