ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday BBQ and Booze

ThorneStockton

HB Legend
Oct 2, 2009
We've got about a 6.5 pound pork butt, SPG, then a dusting of Honey Bacon BBQ rub from Meat Church going on my balcony pellet smoker. We also have a strong, 3 parts tequila, 1 part Grand Marnier, 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice with some jalapeno pieces and a tajin rim as a smoking companion. The bitch wife will be making pretzel rolls that we will be loading up with pulled apart butt for dinner.

4 hours in, pig at 148 degrees.

PXL-20240721-181029353.jpg

PXL-20240721-183433545.jpg

I love a good spicy margarita. Even better with a smoky mezcal.

Yeah, sometimes I'll do half tequila half mezcal or a mix in between. The mezcal definitely pairs well with a little kick. As an alternative to jalapenos I'll sometimes use the jalapeno tobasco sauce or make a habanero tincture, soak some habaneros in some vodka for a day or two. Basically highly concentrated spicy booze. Then I'll spike a marg with a splash.

Reactions: ihawk in FWB
Doing this today:

Plus some riblet rib meat and grilled chicken breast.

Oh, and a smoked onion.

Yeah, that's going to be tasty. I actually had something similar at a beer festival yesterday. The stand advertised it as a bacon steak, and served on a stick. Only slightly thinner than the ones from your link.

Reactions: The Tradition
Reactions: The Tradition
Joe and Jill are stopping over tonight for Iowa Chops and booze….Joe likes to slam down those Busch Lites…..and Jill like to start dancing topless after a couple of vodka and tonics…..A fun couple…….Plus the Biden’s always have some good stories to tell.

Joe and Jill are stopping over tonight for Iowa Chops and booze….Joe likes to slam down those Busch Lites…..and Jill like to start dancing topless after a couple of vodka and tonics…..A fun couple…….Plus the Biden’s always have some good stories to tell.

fat-drunk.gif

Oh, and Des Moines Pork Company baby back ribs for the win.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Resting now, pulled after 12ish hours at 203 degrees. The early afternoon buzz is long gone, but still a great cook.

PXL-20240722-031923778.jpg
So, basically you got drunk, slandered your poor wife on HBOT after she worked her fingers to the bones making you pretzel rolls, and all you have to show for it is lunch tomorrow?

Reactions: ThorneStockton
So, basically you got drunk, slandered your poor wife on HBOT after she worked her fingers to the bones making you pretzel rolls, and all you have to show for it is lunch tomorrow?

C'mon, we're talking a buzz here. And we both had proper Vienna beef dogs for dinner instead. Lunch will be excellent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT