ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32 Thread

LaxHawk174

HR All-American
Jan 15, 2014
Brackets are out: http://arena.flowrestling.org/event/3fac970c-d135-620c-6541-4d512de4cffa

Some notes:

106: Reno the #1 seed and Schriever the 2.

120: Busiello #1 and Teske #2. Teske has Macri as his likely quarter match. and McKee awaiting in the semis if he makes it there.

126: Bartlett, D'Emilio, and Hillegas all in the same half of the bracket.

132: Chlebove-Raimo semi, Silva should cruise to finals on upper half. Don't see Carson Manville.

145: Facundo will have to go through #1 seed Lloyd in the semis. Wouldn't be surprised to see the super talented Frosh win this bracket.

152: No Connor Brady. Rider the #1. Amine and Kim on his half, should be his quarter and semi. Not too familiar with the higher seeds on bottom.

170: Looks like Hidlay and Kennedy are on a semifinal collision course. Winner takes the title IMO. Kennedy will be a tough out for Hidlay. Foca on bottom as the #2. Think Hidlay gets the job done here.

195: Want to be watching these early round matches. If Hoselton (I think unseeded) wins his pigtail and next match will face the top seed #8 @ 195 Jared Ball OH. Could see an upset special there, Hoselton is quite good for an upperweight freshman, but it is unusual to see FR win any weights other than lightweights.

220: Bracket is tiny.

285: Cass should bonus his way through this field, based on his performance this off season.

Last edited:
Rider and Cass have both pinned their way to the quarters. Hidlay in Quarters vs Robert Patrick of PA. Then likely Kennedy (also into the quarters in dominating fashion) in the Semis.

Facundo into the quarters with 3 majors and a tech.

Hillegas/Bartlett/D'Emilio 1 win each needed to advance to quarters.

Looks like I was a little too high on Hoselton based on his big board ranking. Didn't make it out of the first round. Tough for FR to excel right away at 195, especially at super 32.

Raimo went down early at 132, I've never been that impressed with him personally, never lights up the scoreboard and wrestles a relatively boring style.

Shriever into the quarters at 106. As JohnB said, looking tough.

Teske doesn’t have the greatest of national accolades but even for him this is a rough performance. I still like him a lot but have always been surprised PSU was THAT interested in him.

He is just the "hot chick of the week" to Carl. Suriano figure that out when he got put out to the pasture.

Teske is a worker and that’s half the battle. He’ll be fine.
I agree that Teske has a good motor and that goes a long way in college and I've posted on here why I believe he should have gone to Iowa, but a 4-2 win in OT against a high school freshman, a loss to a guy not highly ranked and then a 3-0 win against another unranked guy in the Consolation round is not the performance of a top 10 guy. Normally, top recruits hammer everyone until they run into other top recruits. I am surprised, because I expected much more this weekend. This is not said in criticism, but simply surprised....

Teske got put in some bad positions and yes to a guy that was under the radar at a min. I did like how he fought out of them and never quit. He has a great motor and while some lessons to be learned here, I wouldn't call him a bust by any means.

I am swallowing my pride by saying this, I am really disappointed he didn't go to ISU. I think it would have been perfect for him, all but guaranteed to be a 4 yr starter.

Teske got put in some bad positions and yes to a guy that was under the radar at a min. I did like how he fought out of them and never quit. He has a great motor and while some lessons to be learned here, I wouldn't call him a bust by any means.
Im not calling him a bust by any means I just think he is a long long way from a AA guy which is what the Hawks need. He very well could be a possible starter on a team like Msu or Wis something like that he could AA after a few years under his belt which is not a bust but is not what Iowa needs.

Im not calling him a bust by any means I just think he is a long long way from a AA guy which is what the Hawks need. He very well could be a possible starter on a team like Msu or Wis something like that he could AA after a few years under his belt which is not a bust but is not what Iowa needs.
I think he'll have a good college career. He's had mixed national results, but there is plenty of room for improvement. I don't think he'll ever be a national champ, but I expect him to be solid.

Reactions: Grip220
Well, if Teske ends up on the podium in D1 people will be forced to give credit to Cael and co. because he is not anywhere close to that level right now. Honestly I was pretty unimpressed considering his ranking - this was my first and only time (so far) watching him wrestle though and maybe he is having an off day. It certainly does happen. Seems to be a lot of upsets at S32 already.

He is not sick he would have been sucking wind if so and I understand the super 32 is a meat grinder but thats where your supposed to shine if your a top ranked guy Bussiello is projected same weight and is a F** st commit and has won it already 2 or 3 times. We need guys to compete at the level rt out of the gate and Teske won’t imho

Reactions: KujawaFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT