ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl Thoughts

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Game was boring except late in the game. I felt Mahommes would do his thing and he did. Wish Kittle would have won a ring though.

Too many $7M commercials, most were not that good. I liked the Arnie - State Farm commercial best. E-trade kids playing pickle ball was good also.

Halftime was too long and I really can't comment on the show, didn't watch. Took the dog out for a run.

Another year of not watching my team in the Super Bowl. It’s getting old. Almost 40 years now, and I’m starting to lose interest.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Game was boring except late in the game. I felt Mahommes would do his thing and he did. Wish Kittle would have won a ring though.

Too many $7M commercials, most were not that good. I liked the Arnie - State Farm commercial best. E-trade kids playing pickle ball was good also.

Halftime was too long and I really can't comment on the show, didn't watch. Took the dog out for a run.
Yeah, it was fairly boring until the 4th quarter.

I have never watched a halftime show ever. Kinda sorry I missed Janet Jackson’s boob. Other than that, meh.

Vikings. And they really haven’t changed their uniform much in all the years. Especially the helmet.
Well, there's no way we were winning with these:

K74IC7BYCNE5PFE2RVRRJMYGVE.jpg

It's pretty crazy to me that the NFL is built for parity. It's extremely hard to win a Super Bowl in the NFL, let alone multiple SB's in a short amount of time. With the salary cap, free agency, and the draft being set up the way it is, the odds of winning on a consistent basis are stacked against you.

What the Patriots did from 2002-2019 is unheard of in this sport and many (myself included) never thought we would see that sort of consistency again.

Well, sure enough, literally the year the Pats dynasty was over, the Chiefs dynasty begins. At first I hated watching the Chiefs keep winning but now you just have to sit back and enjoy what you're watching. Patrick Mahomes has gone and launched himself into the GOAT conversation after only being in the league for 7 or 8 years. He is truly a generational talent. I can only imagine watching him is what it was like watching Michael Jordan when he exploded on the scene.

Shanahan called a miserable game was my main takeaway. He's been in charge of some pretty terrible choke jobs.

Feel pretty bad for that SF LB too.. he was a difference maker early.

Best commercial was the Dunkin Donuts one

The game sucked for 3 quarters. What sucked about it was that the Niners were in control of the LOS for all that time but refused to take advantage. The Chiefs offense looked like crap yet the Niners let them hang around. That's not championship caliber football. Neither team played championship caliber football for the first 3 quarters of that game. That's what sucked about it, knowing that these were supposed to be the two best teams but they both looked like crap.

The halftime show is just way too long and, frankly, it wasn't that great. Not the worst halftime show but also not the best. Usher is not my thing. I get that, maybe it's not for me, but what demographic are they shooting for with an R&B guy 20 years after his prime?

That long halftime show definitely contributed to a crap 3rd quarter where both teams looked completely out of synch.

4th quarter and OT the game was awesome. It's hard to forget the 2 hours of crap I saw leading up to the end though. Unfortunately, because of the ending we'll hear the talking heads go on about how that was one of the greatest Super Bowls ever. No, it wasn't.

The commercials sucked. What ever happened to funny commercials? Now they are all out to make some social statement that just makes you feel depressed and are a buzz kill. The way these commercials have trended is a reflection of our society. We are just miserable now. Bring back the Bud Bowl, Spuds Mackenzie, Betty White, "Hey Kid, Catch", and Terry Tate "Office Linebacker". Society used to be way more fun before we got all full of ourselves. I did like the DunKings, and talking babies never get old.

Shanahan called a miserable game was my main takeaway. He's been in charge of some pretty terrible choke jobs.

This seems to be a common theme when playing against the Chiefs. For whatever reason, teams will get themselves into a close game against Mahomes and Co. and think they are in a shootout. The 9'ers lost the game in the 3rd quarter when they got away from their bread and butter (running and short passes) and started chucking the ball downfield (shootout mode). The best way to beat Mahomes is by keeping him off the field. Not going pass, pass, pass, punt.

If you liked watching defensive play, this Super Bowl was for you. Not a lot of big offensive highlights, but in the end both teams did what they had to do to keep in it. Mahomes did what the experienced guy did, I'm guessing this isn't the last Super Bowl that Purdy will play in.

Mahomes gets the majority of the credit, and he certainly does deserve a lot of it, but Andy Reid/Spags won that Super Bowl. Great job putting pressure on Purdy by Spags, and terrific play calling by the Walrus to end the game.

Shanahan once again can't get it done with a lead. I feel for Kittle but I can't stand Debo, Bosa, and Shanahan so I was good with KC pulling out the win; that and I took the alt line Chiefs -2.5 for +123 😉

Reactions: LuteHawk

Shanahan needed to keep running the ball. SF was controlling the game on the ground and he decides to start passing. Idiot.

Reactions: Bro D
In my opinion State Farm's commercial with Arnold S. was
the most entertaining one. It was good for some laughs.
Perhaps it will be replayed again in the coming months.

As far as the Super Bowl game is concerned we once again
were treated to the Mahomes mystique in the Chief's win.

If you liked watching defensive play, this Super Bowl was for you. Not a lot of big offensive highlights, but in the end both teams did what they had to do to keep in it. Mahomes did what the experienced guy did, I'm guessing this isn't the last Super Bowl that Purdy will play in.
So what's kind of interesting about this is that the Chiefs amassed 455 yards of total offense and the Niners 382. Not exactly an old fashioned defensive slobberknocker.

In my opinion State Farm's commercial with Arnold S. was
the most entertaining one. It was good for some laughs.
Perhaps it will be replayed again in the coming months.

As far as the Super Bowl game is concerned we once again
were treated to the Mahomes mystique in the Chief's win.
It was good along with the Dunkin one near the end of the game. I also thought the Pfizer one was pretty dazzly too.
The Kennedy ad (he felt he had to apologize to his cousin this morning) was I thought pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarindaA's
I admit. I had no idea what the announcers were talking about with overtime rules.

Really good game, both teams played well at times. Thought the 49ers kind of went away from what was working late when they didn't run the ball quite as much.

I don't care about commercials or half time. Those are times that I'm making another drink or getting more snacks.

I'm a fan of defensive dominant football games, I find offensive shootouts to be a game of who can possess the ball late for the last scoring drive to win it.

We decided to watch the SB simulcast on Nickelodeon since my grandson watched the game with us. I'm looking forward to seeing SpongeBob and Patrick Star call future SB games, it cracked me up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT