ADVERTISEMENT

Support for Moriah

WWDMHawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 13, 2014
Many of you know that Moriah Stickley, team manager for Iowa wrestling and administrative assistant for the HWC, lost her twin brother, Eli, recently.

Many of you also know that Moriah is a key player in the Iowa program and the HWC. She works tirelessly for both organizations and always does so with a smile on her face. I’m sure many of you have received gear from her and/or worked with her in one way or another. If you’ve crossed her path, you know what an outstanding young woman she is.

Obviously, Moriah is hurting something fierce right now. Wouldn’t it be cool if Iowa wrestling fans flooded her mail with sympathy/appreciation cards? It’s easy to do and could really make a difference for her.

In case you’re interested, here’s the address for the Iowa wrestling office:

Iowa Wrestling
ATTN: Moriah Stickley
S210 Carver-Hawkeye Arena
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1020

Many of you know that Moriah Stickley, team manager for Iowa wrestling and administrative assistant for the HWC, lost her twin brother, Eli, recently.

Many of you also know that Moriah is a key player in the Iowa program and the HWC. She works tirelessly for both organizations and always does so with a smile on her face. I’m sure many of you have received gear from her and/or worked with her in one way or another. If you’ve crossed her path, you know what an outstanding young woman she is.

Obviously, Moriah is hurting something fierce right now. Wouldn’t it be cool if Iowa wrestling fans flooded her mail with sympathy/appreciation cards? It’s easy to do and could really make a difference for her.

Iowa Wrestling

Wonderful idea! Any idea what her favorite restaurant or coffee shop may be so I can include a gift card?

Iowa Wrestling
Sorry to hear of the tradgedy. My own brother overdosed three days before my wedding 23 years ago. I had the wedding, wake, and funeral all in consecutive days. Actually fainted three times in one day and was depressed for six months. Just horrible news for the Badger and Hawkeye families.

Iowa Wrestling

is this the wrestler who died in the car accident? there is a memorial one could contribute to; here is the obituary: https://vernonfh.com/obituary/elijah-d-stickley/

if we knew she was in the office,maybe send her flowers with a note that "hoping each day gets better. thinking of you all the way from (wherever you are located)."

Last edited:
This forum is awesome... A card would be super.She would certainly appreciate some thoughts and kind words from her "Hawkeye Family"

If you are so inclined, a gift card to Starbucks or Bluebird would be very,very nice.

Most everyone has experienced some personal grief..your words and thoughts may comfort her.

Unlocking and releasing the unbearable grief often times takes months and years. My work as a psychotherapist focuses on how to release this grief. They are a Christian family. So I will send her my adult Christian book. Embracing Christian Spiritually with Emotional Core Therapy. All seven of my books focus on cathartically releasing emotions. Prayers are with all those grieving this tradgic loss of life.

Last edited:

Iowa Wrestling
Mailed a card and some Starbucks cards Monday. I hope Moriah feels at least a little comfort knowing how much her Hawkeye family cares.

Mailed a card and some Starbucks cards Monday. I hope Moriah feels at least a little comfort knowing how much her Hawkeye family cares.
She does — much more than you might think.

Super job, army! I have absolutely no doubt you’ll make her day. Don’t think she has yet seen her dump load of mail from Hawk fans, but it’s gonna knock her socks off. Guessing she’ll probably get it on Monday. Gonna be extremely cool.

Last edited:
I live in PA, but if someone lives close enough to that steak house (Joseph's) that wants to go halves and can pick up a gift card I can PayPal you and we can split a nice gift for her.

I had a similar experience on life and the kindness of strangers really does help.
Wow — that’s extremely cool. We can probably work something out.

Maybe try emailing kurdelmeierrocks@gmail.com, and we can go from there.

Very kind of you to reach out like that.

Reactions: HTAutomotive
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT