ADVERTISEMENT

Suppose the miraculous and unthinkable happen today…

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
The Iowa offense shows up and plays inspired football. Petras looks like the quarterback who broke Goff’s high school records, and Brian Ferentz discovers his inner Lane Kiffin.

Iowa wins a thriller 38-35. (LOL, I know, just stay with me Outrage Roy @curtisj57)

As a fan, what is your reaction? Are you shocked, thrilled, elated, and running down Melrose Avenue ala Frank the Tank? Or, are you all those things but then immediately go to: “Yeah, watch them score 6 next week and lose to Northwestern” 🙄 and become deflated again. Or, do you get pissed off and rage post about the team waiting until the end of October to play like this only so fat cat Kirk can save face and go back to producing shitty offenses for the rest of the year, and then call for Kirk to be canned at the end of the season anyway?

🤔?

Animated GIF

I’d be like this ❤️

At this point, we know the offensive problems aren’t as simple as “showing up.” It’s devoid of P5 talent. I don’t see any outcome where we win. Even if we end up +4, which we won’t, our offense can’t capitalize on anything.

Each week, the closer we get to the game the easier it is to get sucked in to the "maybe this week the offense gets it's act together". Wanna believe but there's no friggin way.
Lol. I’m playing the hypothetical game to make a point about fan reaction. I have a better chance of banging Kate Upton than Iowa does of winning this game. Which, Santa, if you’re reading, I will gladly take, if you can’t deliver on the OSU victory (@natchrlman).

Or, are you all those things but then immediately go to: “Yeah, watch them score 6 next week and lose to Northwestern” 🙄 and become deflated again. Or, do you get pissed off and rage post about the team waiting until the end of October to play like this only so fat cat Kirk can save face and go back to producing shitty offenses for the rest of the year, and then call for Kirk to be canned at the end of the season anyway?

🤔?
I don't go "there" immediately, as a jerk, but I'll make a gallows humor joke about this for sure.

It would be Kirk's signature win of his entire career, and the biggest CFB upset this year, so a lot of fans would be enjoying the member berries from it for a while.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
The Iowa offense shows up and plays inspired football. Petras looks like the quarterback who broke Goff’s high school records, and Brian Ferentz discovers his inner Lane Kiffin.

Iowa wins a thriller 38-35. (LOL, I know, just stay with me Outrage Roy @curtisj57)

As a fan, what is your reaction? Are you shocked, thrilled, elated, and running down Melrose Avenue ala Frank the Tank? Or, are you all those things but then immediately go to: “Yeah, watch them score 6 next week and lose to Northwestern” 🙄 and become deflated again. Or, do you get pissed off and rage post about the team waiting until the end of October to play like this only so fat cat Kirk can save face and go back to producing shitty offenses for the rest of the year, and then call for Kirk to be canned at the end of the season anyway?

🤔?
Tipping the sauce early this morning?!?! Lets just say I have a better chance of having a tag-team with Sofia Vergera and Shakira on the surface of Mars than we have of winning today. I have a better chance of having a hydrogen fuel tank shoved up my ass and being launched to the moon, than we have of winning today.

Tipping the sauce early this morning?!?! Lets just say I have a better chance of having a tag-team with Sofia Vergera and Shakira on the surface of Mars than we have of winning today. I have a better chance of having a hydrogen fuel tank shoved up my ass and being launched to the moon, than we have of winning today.
See, this is the type of content that keeps me coming back. 😝

Well played, Outrage Roy. Well played.

Each week, the closer we get to the game the easier it is to get sucked in to the "maybe this week the offense gets it's act together". Wanna believe but there's no friggin way.
It's been this way for pert near 23 years

What did you do, Roy L, slip on some 90 weight?

Reactions: curtisj57

🤔?

I'd be freakin' pissed thinking we should now be 7-0 had our offense entering the OSU game been #ranked 65 in the country instead of #131

On a side note: Did @RoyLfuch (or whatever his handle was) get banned?

Lol. I’m playing the hypothetical game to make a point about fan reaction. I have a better chance of banging Kate Upton than Iowa does of winning this game. Which, Santa, if you’re reading, I will gladly take, if you can’t deliver on the OSU victory (@natchrlman).

the last time we were this big an underdog was 22 years ago (in 2000, vs Nebraska).

it just tells you how big a step backwards this program has taken.

I'd be freakin' pissed thinking we should now be 7-0 had our offense entering the OSU game been #ranked 65 in the country instead of #131

On a side note: Did @RoyLfuch (or whatever his handle was) get banned?
Yes I did. Called our mens basketball team the Saltines one too many times. But, when you recently started 5 white guys that looked fresh off their sales counter shifts at The Gap, I’ll call it like I see it.

I would love it…but also realize that it would make it even more likely we would lose next weekend to NW….after the woodshed game, the Wisconsin performance taught me that lesson…

I would certainly be happy with a Hawk win. But it wouldn't change my opinion of KF or BF. Iowa blew out OSU last time they played in Kinnick. Only to follow it up with one of the worst offensive performances in Iowa history at Wiscy. If BF could get the Hawks to a #60 ranked offense consistently ,I would change my mind.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r

🤔?
All of the above

• Love
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Id be ecstatic - tip my cap to BF and Petras and acknowledge the great game! Would savor it for a while but I don’t think it would change my overall outlook unless and until it’s more sustained. But definitely would be really happy for the team and as a fan. Even if it didn’t lead to running the table, I do think it would give the team a huge emotional and momentum boost and great win toward bowl eligibility - as that isn’t a given right now. Definitely would think about the earlier season losses just a bit but won’t dwell on them - can’t change it now but can move forward!

🤔?
Trust me. You would rage.

I thought you were going to say that the unthinkable is Iowa scores an offensive touchdown but I see you went for the entire thing.

ADVERTISEMENT