ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion

YOU ARE KILLING UNBORN CHILDREN. What part of that is acceptable to a decent human being? And yes I agree there are very limited times it may be necessary to protect the health of the menstruating person. Very limited.
The state laws that are being enacted aren't protecting those very limited time to protect the health of the mother. Are there protections for rape and incest in the state trigger laws?

Reactions: cigaretteman
True, it's an equal protection case. But the court has moved on from the traditional scrutiny tests for EP and moved on to some vague "culturally historic" test....

Fundamentally, the conservative justices are extreme Federalists....if the words "government shall not infringe on the right of gay marriage," then they are going to punt it back to the states.

Reactions: dgordo
YOU ARE KILLING UNBORN CHILDREN. What part of that is acceptable to a decent human being? And yes I agree there are very limited times it may be necessary to protect the health of the menstruating person. Very limited.

your religion and mine are different. It’s America… if you want religious leaders move to Vatican City. Funny thing about abortions, if you don’t want one, you don’t have to get one*

*in most cases. Sex trafficking aside.

Anyone who thinks the government has any business trying to determine who has that right and who doesn’t, is a moron.

Iowa used to be that place. Not anymore.
Yep, same boat. We have kicked around the idea of going out to Colorado….seems to be a great location, and sane government. I think we may start looking more seriously at real estate.

Reactions: Capernum
I'll believe that people who claim this actually believe it when they start supporting legislation that values these babies after they are born as much as they seem to be valued before. But like putting a banner on your Facebook profile, the second supporting the issue actually asks them to do something they are nowhere to be found.

Yep, same boat. We have kicked around the idea of going out to Colorado….seems to be a great location, and sane government. I think we may start looking more seriously at real estate.
Agreed. I was just perusing northern New Mexico.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkFan1298
I'll believe that people who claim this actually believe it when they start supporting legislation that values these babies after they are born as much as they seem to be valued before. But like putting a banner on your Facebook profile, the second supporting the issue actually asks them to do something they are nowhere to be found.
I would say children born in America have as good an opportunity as anywhere in the world so not sure what you mean by supporting legislation after they are born. More welfare programs? Examples of legislation that kills people. Thanks

Reactions: whatsup13579er
The state laws that are being enacted aren't protecting those very limited time to protect the health of the mother. Are there protections for rape and incest in the state trigger laws?
Why should unborn children of rape and incest be less protected? If the mother does not want them adoption is still available.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
I hope 🤞 that the issue now returns to the states - as it was doing 50 years ago -and that CHOICE will remain for those women who need to terminate for WHATEVER reason.
So, if you want this...what happens when Republicans and Democrats periodically run Statehouses and the makeup of State Supreme Courts change by who the Governor is?
You'll have changing rules every time a different Party is in control.

This is doddamn stupid. No one, I repeat no one, was ever forced to have an abortion.

Elections have consequences and Turd's in 2016 will prove to be the worst of all time.

Wow. Being prolife is now equal to being a dumbass. Keyboard tough guys out in full force today.
It also goes to your other political takes. I'd say sports takes too but you don't ever watch any, though I'd guess you'd have some terrible ones if you did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT