ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade; states can ban abortion

So a woman who is raped should have the right to an abortion?

That's a tough one. I'd say maybe.

What do you think about the vast majority of abortions happening for birth control reasons that have nothing to do with health of the Mother or rape?

What do you think about the vast majority of abortions happening for birth control reasons that have nothing to do with health of the Mother or rape?

That doesn’t matter. Women should still get that choice without penalty. Why can’t you get through your thick skull.

Why do you want millions more unwanted kids added to the population? You like even more tax dollars going towards paying for them? I never get an answer on this. Sorry if I actually missed someone’s.

I don't.

It'd be nice if people were more responsible.

That would solve the problem of millions more unwanted kids being pushed into society.

I don’t see anywhere in the article that doesn’t support a woman’s right to an abortion.

turns out ladies have some amazing skills !! ya'll are amazing !!! smh....so damn dumb those gopers....

In this thread, I informed that life begins at conception, according to 96% of biologists.
Tell me you’ve never masterbated nor had a wet dream then, because sperm is a carbon-based lifeform. If you aren’t procreating your sperm will die which is murder.

1. You are not a woman
2. You’re an old man
3. You are not a medical professional
4. You will never know what it’s like having your organs regulated
5. You can’t give child birth

Want me to keep going

No. I know all those things.

What I don’t know Is why these facts disqualify me from having opinions and (non-religion based) beliefs about abortion and when legally-protected life begins.

Can you explain that?

Reactions: HawkFan1298
Boy, having caught up on this thread from yesterday evening I’m sure glad we’ve advanced the ball with productive debate.

• Love
But not a human life form.
Very few scientists or medical professionals say at conception sperm and an egg (which isn’t a lifeform) is human life. It’s only after some development does it become human.
I don’t like abortion especially after 16 weeks because it seems to me a woman would know by then and could make a decision. I also bet it’s rare that a woman would have multiple abortions for birth control due to the cost and pain involved. However, I also don’t want the government telling me what I can or can’t do with my body. To me the best result is allowing abortion until 16 weeks and only after that in the circumstances others have brought up to include rape or medical issues.

That's not an abortion. Good lord.

No?

Boy, having caught up on this thread from yesterday evening I’m sure glad we’ve advanced the ball with productive debate.

😆

Debates are indeed a waste of time, probably 99% of the time, as far as convincing other people.

I think they're still fun, though, especially an issue like abortion, which is the killing of an innocent life and obviously an immoral act, especially when used for birth control, as most are.

😆

Debates are indeed a waste of time, probably 99% of the time, as far as convincing other people.

I think they're still fun, though, especially an issue like abortion, which is the killing of an innocent life and obviously an immoral act, especially when used for birth control, as most are.
Very fair. My college advisor, a very wise man, once told me to never underestimate how strongly people cling to their opinions no matter how irrational they may be. And, that if you ever have any doubt as to that principle, try telling someone their baby is ugly.

Very fair. My college advisor, a very wise man, once told me to never underestimate how strongly people cling to their opinions no matter how irrational they may be. And, that if you ever have any doubt as to that principle, try telling someone their baby is ugly.

Amen brother.

One way is to try to agree with part of someone's argument. It's so hard with abortion, though, because their arguments are so bad that they have to avoid discussing what an abortion actually is by calling it "health care" or "women's rights."

• Haha
Reactions: JWolf74 and Wendy79

Also goes without saying but Democrats need some new leadership and representation in Congress. To many are content on just using issues to fundraise instead of passing meaningful legislation. God I'd wish they'd fight for the issues they campaigned on like the GOP does.

Reactions: Aardvark86

Also goes without saying but Democrats need some new leadership and representation in Congress. To many are content on just using issues to fundraise instead of passing meaningful legislation. God I'd wish they'd fight for the issues they campaigned on like the GOP does.

Yep.

Nancy Pelosi is 82 years old.

Maybe she could retire?

Very few scientists or medical professionals say at conception sperm and an egg (which isn’t a lifeform) is human life.

When human life begins is not a medical or biological or scientific question.

It is a philosophical and moral and ethical question.

We as a society simply decide when it begins.

No. I know all those things.

What I don’t know Is why these facts disqualify me from having opinions and (non-religion based) beliefs about abortion and when legally-protected life begins.

Can you explain that?
Your opinion doesn’t matter when it comes to women‘s reproductive rights. Why should you or I, as men, have any sort of influence on a woman’s personal decision you will never have to go through personally. This is all a control mechanism.

An abortion ban does not tell a woman what she can do with her reproductive organs.

It only tells her what she can do with the result of using them.
So we should start regulating mens reproductive organs. Cool, how about we castrate males who rape a woman. Let’s start there.

Your opinion doesn’t matter when it comes to women‘s reproductive rights. Why should you or I, as men, have any sort of influence on a woman’s personal decision you will never have to go through personally. This is all a control mechanism.

That logic doesn't make sense. At all.

Why should an opinion on killing a fetus be decided by gender?

I can have an opinion on slavery even though I've never owned a slave personally, right?

ADVERTISEMENT