ADVERTISEMENT

Sure, that will help **eyeroll.emoji.gif**

2021-06-01_08-29-33.png

We’re talking about Utah.
This will help re-election efforts greatly.
It just cracks me up, as you know this guy has been a climate change denier and opposes efforts to rein in greenhouse emissions or pivot to renewable energy sources. I guess if it actually never does rain, he can always blame God?

It just cracks me up, as you know this guy has been a climate change denier and opposes efforts to rein in greenhouse emissions or pivot to renewable energy sources. I guess if it actually never does rain, he can always blame God?
Climate change, or reversion to mean after an abnormality coincident with our arrival?

“Through studies of tree rings, sediment and other natural evidence, researchers have documented multiple droughts in California that lasted 10 or 20 years in a row during the past 1,000 years — compared to the mere three-year duration of the current dry spell. The two most severe megadroughts make the Dust Bowl of the 1930s look tame: a 240-year-long drought that started in 850 and, 50 years after the conclusion of that one, another that stretched at least 180 years.

“We continue to run California as if the longest drought we are ever going to encounter is about seven years,” said Scott Stine, a professor of geography and environmental studies at Cal State East Bay. “We’re living in a dream world.”

California, the nation’s most populous state with 38 million residents, has built a massive economy, Silicon Valley, Hollywood and millions of acres of farmland, all in a semiarid area. The state’s dams, canals and reservoirs have never been tested by the kind of prolonged drought that experts say will almost certainly occur again.

Stine, who has spent decades studying tree stumps in Mono Lake, Tenaya Lake, the Walker River and other parts of the Sierra Nevada, said that the past century has been among the wettest of the last 7,000 years.”

Is it going to hurt? Some people will criticize everything a person from the other party does no matter what.

Reactions: QChawks
Albuquerque averages just under 10 inches of rain a year. Last year it was just under 6 inches. Until this week the city had gotten two measurable rain fall since last September. The eastern part of the state got quite a few storms last week. A large section of exceptional drought was dropped to extreme so things improved some.

Albuquerque averages just under 10 inches of rain a year. Last year it was just under 6 inches. Until this week the city had gotten two measurable rain fall since last September. The eastern part of the state got quite a few storms last week. A large section of exceptional drought was dropped to extreme so things improved some.
OP's mom got 4 inches last night.

Boebert, whose entire district is in the most severe category of drought, spent her time at the recent congressional drought hearing talking about the Green New Deal.

Last edited:
I wonder why so many people live in places in our country that naturally have no access to fresh water.

No doubt climate change has made the problem worse. But we have entire major cities in the middle of the desert. And the only way they exist is that we've artificially re-diverted water to them. Except now the fresh water sources can't keep up with the growing need.

You lefties never cease to amaze me. Now you are attaching Christians for praying.:rolleyes: What's next, making fun of babies for crying or are you going to trip some blind people for grins? Keep it classy lefty.......

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE and Wendy79
I wonder why so many people live in places in our country that naturally have no access to fresh water.

No doubt climate change has made the problem worse. But we have entire major cities in the middle of the desert. And the only way they exist is that we've artificially re-diverted water to them. Except now the fresh water sources can't keep up with the growing need.
The solution is make them pay to pump and desalinate the water they need instead of running aquifers and rivers dry.

Some of the Roman aqueducts are still around.

You know what no one will remember in a 1000 years? The F-35.

You lefties never cease to amaze me. Now you are attaching Christians for praying.:rolleyes: What's next, making fun of babies for crying or are you going to trip some blind people for grins? Keep it classy lefty.......
I am neither "attaching" nor attacking anyone.

I am chuckling sensibly at a grown ass man asking an Invisible Sky Figure to save his state from drought despite the fact he actively works against solutions that might help ameliorate said drought.

Because that is very, very funny. :)

The solution is make them pay to pump and desalinate the water they need instead of running aquifers and rivers dry.

Some of the Roman aqueducts are still around.

You know what no one will remember in a 1000 years? The F-35.

Pull it from the pacific?

Pull it from the pacific?
We have rights to the Arctic, Atlantic, and Gulf too. Where it will go back to.

Biden’s infrastructure plan needs national scale projects like this, but I’ll reckon most of it boils down to payouts to constituents.

I'm a Christian, I have no problem with praying.

But if this governor (I'm not familiar with him personally) actively denies global warming than to me its kind of like jumping off a cliff and praying that God will place a large airbag at the bottom to cushion your fall.

You can't do stupid shit and expect God to just fix it all for you.

But if this governor (I'm not familiar with him personally) actively denies global warming than to me its kind of like jumping off a cliff and praying that God will place a large airbag at the bottom to cushion your fall.

That is it, exactly.

Reactions: Joes Place
I am neither "attaching" nor attacking anyone.

I am chuckling sensibly at a grown ass man asking an Invisible Sky Figure to save his state from drought despite the fact he actively works against solutions that might help ameliorate said drought.

Because that is very, very funny. :)
I love it, you claim you aren't attacking anyone then immediately go on to explain why you attached him. :DOne can't make this stuff up.

So, in your mind if anyone has an opinion contrary to yours, he/she must be a complete moron and deserve whatever ill may come their way. That does sound very Christian.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
So, in your mind if anyone has an opinion contrary to yours, he/she must be a complete moron and deserve whatever ill may come their way. That does sound very Christian.

If his disagreement with my opinion is that gravity does not exist and that is why he is jumping off that cliff than yeah I'm going to say he's being stupid.

Similar thing with climate change.

If his disagreement with my opinion is that gravity does not exist and that is why he is jumping off that cliff than yeah I'm going to say he's being stupid.

I think it’s important to observe that our presence on this area during the wettest century of last 70 may have misled us about it’s suitability and sustainability for this heavy a human presence.
Regardless, we gotta pay for it if we’re going to maintain it. It can’t be argued we’ve done it this far in a sustainable way.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye

Oh, I wasn't aware that climate change was as settled science as gravity. It's not as if climate change is based purely on computer models and estimates based on the history of the climate that goes all the back to when climate was tracked all the way back to the late 19th century. It's not as if 150 years or so is a minuscule blip of the earth's climate history that actually goes back billions of years. Your argument that climate change is settled science is not dissimilar to the argument used by scholars of the catholic church and others who persecuted Galileo because he insisted the earth was round and was in an orbit around the sun. (He also was called crazy)

I don't know the real answer about climate change but I am honest enough to admit I don't know. I'm not as enlightened as the American left that knows as fact anything the political "gods" decree.

This isn't Christians praying. It's an elected official telling his citizens to pray as a solution for a material problem. It's actually kind of disgusting.

Flying over Hoover Dam this week, the reservoir is down noticeably. At what point does building desalination plants in California and using that treated water from the Pacific make more sense and $$$$ than siphoning off the water from the Colorado to irrigate crops in the Valley?

Reactions: goldmom
Flying over Hoover Dam this week, the reservoir is down noticeably. At what point does building desalination plants in California and using that treated water from the Pacific make more sense and $$$$ than siphoning off the water from the Colorado to irrigate crops in the Valley?
At least an F-35 program ago.

At least an F-35 program ago.
Not just "desalination"

You need piping and pumps to push that water inland, and uphill 1000-2000 ft or more to make it useful. The snowpack that water comes from is at even higher elevations.

So, it's not an inexpensive undertaking. Necessary? Almost certainly. And the benefits will be the ability to sustain even larger populations in those areas moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT