ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano

I guess Suriano dropping makes some sense since he will compete at 57kg at the trials... I don't think he would have an easier road at 133 either.

I guess Suriano dropping makes some sense since he will compete at 57kg at the trials... I don't think he would have an easier road at 133 either.
133 should open up a bit with Rivera at 141 and RBY most likely gonna RS.Micic and Fix could also Olympic RS.Bridges and Tucker decided to not use 5th year

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
133 should open up a bit with Rivera at 141 and RBY most likely gonna RS.Micic and Fix could also Olympic RS.Bridges and Tucker decided to not use 5th year
I think it’s really stupid of him, he’s not gonna win 125. It’s He has to compete with Spencer, Glory, Vito (who’s beaten him in freestyle less than a year ago). Or compete with Desanto and RBY. Way easier at 133. But he’s got a title and he can’t win 4 so he’s probably thinking why not?

Disclaimer* I’m not saying Glory and Vito are on Spencer’s level (they aren’t) but Suriano has already lost to Vito so HE would have to beat those guys.

You have to give him credit. He does not back down from a challenge. IF 57kgs is where his future is, then 125 makes sense. Lets hope we get to see it this year.

I think it’s really stupid of him, he’s not gonna win 125. It’s He has to compete with Spencer, Glory, Vito (who’s beaten him in freestyle less than a year ago). Or compete with Desanto and RBY. Way easier at 133. But he’s got a title and he can’t win 4 so he’s probably thinking why not?

Disclaimer* I’m not saying Glory and Vito are on Spencer’s level (they aren’t) but Suriano has already lost to Vito so HE would have to beat those guys.
Agree 125 will be tough

Good move for the team. But he doesn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Spencer Lee. Really tough cut for him.

He's really the only guy I think has the defensive capabilities to give himself a chance against Spencer late in the match (assuming Fix stays at 133). Before anybody jumps down my throat, I'm taking Spencer all day, but it's exciting to see some real competition for him.

He's really the only guy I think has the defensive capabilities to give himself a chance against Spencer late in the match (assuming Fix stays at 133). Before anybody jumps down my throat, I'm taking Spencer all day, but it's exciting to see some real competition for him.
Go look at their finals match. For some reason Suriano bailed out of every position. I'll take Spencer every day, but Suriano has a chance.

Reactions: js8793
Go look at their finals match. For some reason Suriano bailed out of every position. I'll take Spencer every day, but Suriano has a chance.
He looked very tentative in the exchanges. I think Spencer's tear through the bracket might have psyched him out, especially what he did to NATO in the semis. Choosing neutral was perplexing. Spencer has never ridden Suriano before and he got away in the third after the second takedown and was never in danger of being turned.

Suriano will be the toughest competitor for Spencer. I give him a small chance, but think Spencer wins comfortably.
I get the move for Suriano though. If he wins 33 again he goes down as one of many 2x champs. He beats Spencer Lee, that is something to be remembered.

Suriano will be the toughest competitor for Spencer. I give him a small chance, but think Spencer wins comfortably.
I get the move for Suriano though. If he wins 33 again he goes down as one of many 2x champs. He beats Spencer Lee, that is something to be remembered.
With Olympic Trials 3 weeks after NCAA and Suriano going 57kg him going 125 is the right move.And I agree he will be Spencer toughest competition

Reactions: Jaybird319

I wanna say i heard that glory was possibly moving up to 133.

I wanna say i heard that glory was possibly moving up to 133.
I had heard that too. I thought that last year as well actually. And I thought this was gonna be his grey shirt year and he’d come back next year for 133. Until I see it I won’t believe it. Just like until I see Suriano compete I won’t believe he’s at 125.

With Olympic Trials 3 weeks after NCAA and Suriano going 57kg him going 125 is the right move.And I agree he will be Spencer toughest competition
Him cutting a significant amount of weight for months on end is not the right move to be optimized for 57kg. His body will be worn down and he will be more likely to balloon a bit in between ncaas and OTT.

Him cutting a significant amount of weight for months on end is not the right move to be optimized for 57kg. His body will be worn down and he will be more likely to balloon a bit in between ncaas and OTT.
He's already shrunk his body and was at 125 last year.

Was at 125 for 2 events last year not 2x a week every week

edit to add: if that was the best chance to make the Olympic team don’t you think Gross would’ve done that?
Gross didn't have a shortened season like Suriano will this year.Suriano will probably weigh in 8-10 times this season.Gross probably had 16-18 last year

Just curious why you know Fix will take another Olympic redshirt? Is it even possible to do that if you are ineligible due to a failed drug test? Once Feb 11 rolls around and Fix is reinstated, he will want and desperately need matches. Even if the NCAA grants the opportunity to Olympic Redshirt two consecutive years (which I do not know if they have or would--my gut says they will say no) Fix will be wrestling in a Sooner singlet. The same goes for Micic. He will be wrestling for Michigan provided there is a season, and Big Ten and NCAA tournaments.

Just curious why you know Fix will take another Olympic redshirt? Is it even possible to do that if you are ineligible due to a failed drug test? Once Feb 11 rolls around and Fix is reinstated, he will want and desperately need matches. Even if the NCAA grants the opportunity to Olympic Redshirt two consecutive years (which I do not know if they have or would--my gut says they will say no) Fix will be wrestling in a Sooner singlet. The same goes for Micic. He will be wrestling for Michigan provided there is a season, and Big Ten and NCAA tournaments.
Fix transfered?

I said could Olympic RS not that I know he is.Also Michigan is leaning towards RS everyone and trying to make a title run in Detroit 2021

ADVERTISEMENT